Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Gazz Staff App

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.1: What is your in-game name? Gazz
1.2 How old are you? 24
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Over 1 month
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:623433893
1.7 References (if any)? Scott

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM (Random Deathmatch) is the act of killing another player with no justifiable reason within RP
Ex 1: John sees Kevin walking down the street and stabs him to death without adverting or providing a reason. Ex 2: John is at the hospital buying health and Kevin shoots him as revenge for being previously stabbed, this is not a justifiable reason.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR (New Life Rule) is the act of returning to your place of death within 5 minutes of being killed
Ex 1: John is killed while raiding the bank, but respawns and runs straight back to the vault to involve himself again. Ex 2: Kevin is being raided and gets killed, Kevin then respawns and returns to his base before /Advert over has been announced.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP (Fear Roleplay) is the act of disobeying commands given when in a roleplay situation that would cause a person to be fearful of their life and must therefore play along with the scenario.
Ex 1: John adverts kidnapping and is assisted by Steve and Joe, Kevin ignores the advert and runs away despite having 3 weapons pointed at him. Ex 2: Kevin is being mugged by John, Steve and Joe, but pulls out his own weapon and attempts to kill the attackers who are pointing weapons at him.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is the act of discrimination against the protected characteristics such as sexual preference.
Ex 1: Kevin learns that John is gay and follows him around calling him various homophobic slurs. Ex 2: John is in Kevins gang, but Kevin then kicks John because he learns he is gay and tells the other members to target him specifically.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is discrimination against another person because of the protected characteristics of race / ethnicity
Ex 1: Kevin hears John speaking with an accent and proceeds to mock his accent and say negative things against Johns ethnicity. Ex 2: Kevin is playing as a black man in game, John notices this and repeatedly calls him racial slurs over voice chat.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly, take both players to a quiet place and ask for the context of the situation, then explain to Joe that while William did advert correctly, he should not have stolen the ambulance, william would then receive warn x 1 for Crimes against NHS

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Firstly, check the logs for a valid advert, if no advert, a ban for Mass RDM would be necessary, if William had adverted correctly, it would then be a matter of checking if Joe was inside the PD at the time of being damaged if he was, no further action needed, if not, William would receive warn x 1 for ARDM

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Inform Joe that he may not build on the sidewalk on that job and ask him politely to remove his base, then William would receive warn x 3 for FTA, NLR and RDM checking logs as needed for timing, adverts and damage.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Firstly, I would ask William for his account on the situation, then checking the logs for both the PD meeting advert and the bombing advert, Joe would then be informed that no major crimes may be committed during a PD meeting and he would be banned for MRDM

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I am mature and can handle stressful situations well, especially when it comes to angry / unreasonable people, preferring to calm the situation down rather than respond to hostile accusations, I am also very friendly and approachable.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? I would firstly check the rule book and handbooks if necessary, making sure to use the knowledge available to me, I would then proceed to ask another member of staff for their opinion or guidance on the matter.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Yes, on discord and other games, but not GMOD.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: I am well spoken, meaning there will be few instances of miscommunication, I am very relaxed and laid back, meaning I will never let my emotions or personal feelings get in the way of staffing, I am friendly and get along with almost everyone on the server I come into contact with, which will help in sits.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: I may be too lenient at times, preferring to instead explain and verbally warn than jump straight to warning people, I do not always agree with the opinions of management but I am more than happy to discuss this, I'm Irish.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I want to ensure that rules are enforced fairly and without bias or personal feelings being taken into account, the best way for me to do this would be joining the staff team, I also get along with a lot of server members so my personality will not be an issue.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

+1
Irish representation is great, as is having such a great person like Gazz on the staff team.

59A9402B-F833-4FA6-A6FD-29E6809A2C3E.jpeg
i don’t think you would fit in very well with the staff team as you can be rather toxic at times

With the way the application is presented and the way you have acted in the past, you would be too problematic with staff and/or management.

+1 Very professional person on the server, has a well grasp on the rules. I think he would be a great staff member.

Hello all,

+1 I think this gentleman is a down to earth genuine person, very good at coming to decisions and acting as a staff member. I think he would be a great addition to the team and I would love to see him as a staff member.

The points being raised as being "toxic" or similar, I would say these would change when he is staff as shown by a few current members of staff who were in a similar situation.

Many thanks,

+1 Always a good sport and good at RP situations, knows the rules and all over a good lad.

+1 Fantastic individual, always looking out for his fellow riverside members and goes that extra mile, knows rules and is great in rp scenarios (don't give him the option to rob burgers in hostage negotiations ) Can and hopefully will do wonderous things amongst staff, wouldn't regard him as toxic and if anything likes to make light of a dark situation (y)

As from what I've heard, the comments you've previously made on the forums I don't appreciate your tenacious and unjust attitude. I also haven't seen you in-game often, apart from certain times. I think you should improve your activity and behaviour before applying for staff. It appears after a range of reports made about (leading to punishments issued) you, your attitude has seriously gone down the wrong road.

1639928290553.png1639928313202.png

-1 Toxic, homophobic, Mingy,etc,.....

As from what I've heard, the comments you've previously made on the forums I don't appreciate your tenacious and unjust attitude. I also haven't seen you in-game often, apart from certain times. I think you should improve your activity and behaviour before applying for staff. It appears after a range of reports made about (leading to punishments issued) you, your attitude has seriously gone down the wrong road.

View attachment 804View attachment 805
Hi there Harry, the feedback is greatly appreciated, however, I'm unsure as to where you're getting these facts as I have only been verbally warned for using a bad word, not homophobia as those were overturned by senior staff upon review. Have a great Sunday :)

+1 Fantastic individual, always looking out for his fellow riverside members and goes that extra mile, knows rules and is great in rp scenarios (don't give him the option to rob burgers in hostage negotiations ) Can and hopefully will do wonderous things amongst staff, wouldn't regard him as toxic and if anything likes to make light of a dark situation (y)

-1 Toxic, homophobic, Mingy,etc,.....

Hey Squidward, just to quote the rules here:
A1DiscriminationAny concrete form of discrimination is strictly prohibited. Context is important.
The context of that player report isn't really relevant to homophobia, remember, context is important. Thanks for the feedback, have a great day :)

+1,

spoke to you a few times and you deserve a chance to prove yourself. Just stop making less silly posts as it looks bad on you as a whole.

+1,

spoke to you a few times and you deserve a chance to prove yourself. Just stop making less silly posts as it looks bad on you as a whole.
I appreciate the fair response and feedback, will definitely take your advice to heart (y)

B

big stinky retard

You literally harass me in game all the time giving me silly snide comments that aren't needed when I say nothing to you, and don't try to deny it because I have it clipped, have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom