Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Jackie's staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Jackie
1.2 How old are you? 17
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? I tracked myself back to 19/09/2019 (not been playing since that time and to now continuously, I come and go. I'll let you calculate how many years it is, close to 3 year since my last staff app)
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:195168521
1.7 What is your Discord? IKnowWhereYouLive#9892
1.8 References (if any)? Autobans, Revamp, Lamby

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM would be when you kill someone without reasonable grounds/worthy cause. (RDM = Random Death Match)
Example 1: Jackie doesn't like Revamp, Jackie decides to kill him solely because of his disliking towards Revamp.
Example 2: Harlz is driving in his vehicle, Leeroy behind him in his own vehicle keeps honking and eventually Harlz gets fed up and chews him up.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR would be when you try to use, remember or act on information from your past life. You may also not interact with anything from your past life up to 5 minutes (place of death, situation, people or some property etc.)
Example 1: Commissioner Gatekeeper dies fighting criminals at a bank raid, Fly goes back to reengage the criminals.
Example 2: Blackbeard tells Autobans about a secret treasure hidden around the map, Autobans dies but uses the information gained from his past life about the whereabouts of the treasure.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP would be when you fail to care/fear for your own life in a life-threatening scenario. You have to be outnumbered by gunmen for it to be FearRP, this means if you are being mugged and have no weapons you have to comply as you do not possess weapons.
Example 1: Two armed RS members are kidnapping a cat, and the cat doesn't comply with the commands of its kidnappers.
Example 2: Gatekeeper Fly (Taxi Driver) walks into a scene where shots are actively being fired and doesn't at all try to flee the scene to preserve own life.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is a phobia towards homosexual individuals. Phobia being a certain fear, disliking or hatred of something/someone/somewhere.
Example 1: Jackie spams a synonym for queer starting with F in out-of-character chat.
Example 2: A member of NHS refuses to revive gay people solely because of their gay.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism would be discriminating or judging someone based on their ethnic group or race, racism can also be against bigger groups of people/collective nouns or even a country.
Example 1: A police community support officer decides he only wants to arrest people of dark-skinned color.
Example 2: Bub Games drives throughout the city while spamming the N-word through voice.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? William will be told not to steal ambulances as it is a crime against NHS, I will go through logs to check for an FTA carjack and then decide if a punishment is needed for the reported.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Depending on where Joe was during this said PD raid or his place of death, if in the vicinity of PD I would say It's a valid kill and William is free. If however a PD raid was never adverted or being countered/assisted, I will look at Williams history of warnings or if personally know and have dealt with him then decide if a MRDM ban is necessary or if it should just be a jail-to-read rules. Try to compensate people who are looking for compensation with what I'm allowed to compensate if they can prove said lost items/money.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Joe gets told he has to be a hobo to base on the sidewalk. William gets told he has to advertise his crimes in the /advert thing, not to break NLR and if he kindly could give the drug money back to Joe (if not I would compensate with my own money probably). Joe would probably get a slap over the wrist for a minor rule breakage that doesn't hurt nobody and William most likely warned for FTA or NLR.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Question Joe about his perception of a PD meeting being adverted, depending on Joe's answer, his warning history and history with the server (is he a known rulebreaker/minge, has he been given multiple chances in situations alike?) decide if an MRDM ban is suitable for his actions.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I would say I'm a good applicant as I'm decently active, somewhat nice and willing to help people. That be people who ask in chat about stuff or even training cadets. I have past experience in this same community and I'm a well-known person who I believe could have another shot at being staff and hopefully at least getting to admin ranks this time. I also have experienced how not many staff members wanna go SOD and just be around while waiting for sits, it's usually if no sits no SOD is on. Now that is reasonable it's probably boring to fly around and overlook RP. With the amount of time I dedicate driving around catching criminals I could dedicate time to being around on SOD for people who need it.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? Ask in staff chat discord or in game, if I can't get an answer I'll probably go for a staff member of higher ranking I trust and ask in direct messages if they are online and available.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? This server only, maybe some discord moderating but it's not a big deal.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: I've got a lot of time that I could dedicate to something like this, I'm ok active and I guess I know quite a bit of people in the community.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: I'm not merely mature enough for someone my age (my own words), I might have to start focussing irl on other things suddenly (career comes before games), out of all those people that I do know in the community I'm sure a few of them aren't too big fan of me or my staff application. (which I will try to actively improve relations with if I have to act as a well-liked staff member)

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? As said it seems like not a lot of people who are staff really want to go SOD and be around for the community's players, I would like a chance to maybe change that a bit with what I can do. I do miss being staff and you know only making it to SRMOD to just suddenly being let go, I wanna give it another shot and make up for whatever made me get removed in the first place.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? Not that I know of myself.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Aslong as you don't look for my real-life me, then Yes.

Last edited:

Dale

Community Manager
Staff Manager
Superadmin
Staff Member
Community Management

Dale

Community Manager
Staff Manager
Superadmin
Staff Member
Community Management
Excited to see the responses to this :unsure:

Jon

+1 I've played with Jackie for half a decade (5 years) and i can confidently say this fella deserves staff, he's played Riverside for years and years, he's very dedicated active, knows rules by hearts ect, his application is perfect and i don't see any reason to not accept him.

+1

The application looks good, I have seen you on the server but I do not know what happened when you were last staff.

+1 I've played with Jackie for half a decade (5 years) and i can confidently say this fella deserves staff, he's played Riverside for years and years, he's very dedicated active, knows rules by hearts ect, his application is perfect and i don't see any reason to not accept him.
Thank you for the kind words, Jon. Happy I got to enjoy OG riverside with someone like you.

Last edited:
+1

The application looks good, I have seen you on the server but I do not know what happened when you were last staff.
Not sure what I did for Leeroy to let me go to this day but thank you for your feedback.

Last edited:

john fries

+1

Ever since I've known Jackie, he has been helpful, nice, caring and more. All the personality traits that you want from a staff member, Jackie has it. He has an amazing knowledge of the rules and always ensures that if he struggles to understand something, that he is not afraid of asking for help. Jackie's detail in his application further shows his immense knowledge of the rules. He's been on riverside longer than I can remember, and his reputation between the community members is nothing but superb. If this was declined, I would be really disappointed.

Last edited:

Godlez

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
+1 Jackie is very friendly, has a good understanding of the rules. He is an ex staff member I have know Jackie for a while and he is a great person. His application has amazing detail. Would love to have Jackie back as a staff member. 🥳

+1

Ever since I've known Jackie, he has been helpful, nice, caring and more. All the personality traits that you want from a staff member, Jackie has it. He has an amazing knowledge of the rules and always ensures that if he struggles to understand something, that he is not afraid of asking for help. Jackie's detail in his application further shows his immense knowledge of the rules. He's been on riverside longer than I can remember, and his reputation between the community members is nothing but superb. If this was declined, I would be really disappointed.
Thank you for your feedback and nice response, John Fries. Means a lot that you would +1 my staff app as someone of your past with staffing at Riverside.

+1 Jackie is very friendly, has a good understanding of the rules. He is an ex staff member I have know Jackie for a while and he is a great person. His application has amazing detail. Would love to have Jackie back as a staff member. 🥳
Thank you Godlez for your cordial response, very nice of you. :giggle:

Last edited:

Benny

Management
Forums Manager
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Staff Member
+1

DANISH POWER!! :D

rashy

Event Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
+1
W guy, active, follows rules , great guy in general 100 percent desevered a shot at staff

King ET

Senior-Admin
Staff Member
+1

Great staff app, very active, knows the rules very well and has an amazing personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom