Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted The Fox's Staff Application

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: Name: Alfie
1.2: Age: 19
1.3: Microphone: Yes.
1.4: Playtime: 1 Month
1.5: English: Yes.
1.6: Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:449490027
1.7: Discord: akanej
1.8: References (if any): none

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

DEF: RDM Stands for random death match

EX A: A player goes up to another player and shoots with with no imitation or reason

EX B: A police officer shoots a unarmed civilian for running away from them

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:

DEF: Metagaming is using out of roleplay information such as information gained from discord or a staff sit and using that information in-game

EX A: A player gets told in a voice chat that his friend has been killed by a thief so that player uses that information to go kill that thief

EX B: A staff members tells a player in a staff sit that he died to a constable so that player after leaving the admin sit goes and kills that officer

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

DEF: Fear RP is when you are threatened death so you roleplay as if you were fearing for your life as you would in real life

EX A: A player is held gunpoint for money by 3 armed men so the player puts his hands up and follows their demands to value his life

EX B: A player is being held up by a man with a knife but that player is armed with a gun so he doesn't fear his life and shoots the man

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:

DEF: Cop Baiting is provoking a cop by doing something illegal or annoying them to try get them to chase you

EX A: A player starts ramming a cop who is dealing with a traffic stop and calling him words to provoke him; trying to get the cop to chase him

EX B: A player goes up to a police officer openly admitting they have illegal items on them and starts hitting the officer to get them to chase them

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:

DEF: Discrimination is discriminating against a player or staff member by harassing them or abusing them etc

EX A: A player is in a staff sit for RDM and gets warned by the staff member so he starts swearing at the staff and abusing them

EX B: A player is shooting another player for no reason and starts calling them racist slurs

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit:

I will bring both players to a staff sit freezing Dave so he doesn't run off and I will first ask for any clips that the reporting player has, I will deal with the rule breaker accordingly if proof is provided by warning Dave for crimes against NHS and NITRP for crashing into people and tell Dave to read over the rules.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit:

I will first check logs to see if William had a hit and if he did I will not warn him and tell the Joe that in-fact William did have a hit, and without any proof of William randomly killing the other three players with a car bomb there is not much that I can do to punish him unless the other 3 players call a report and show clips.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit:

I will punish James accordingly for RDM as killing someone for not being allowed in their store without adverting them to back off or leave is not permitted in the server.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit:

I will teleport to Bobby and freeze him and ask him if he read the chat and saw Harry's advert for no major crimes/raids and tell him not to continue with his raid after I am done speaking with him, I will not issue a warning to him unless he continues or does it again.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants:

I can offer regular activity on the server and great staffing within the server, by not being biased and dealing with reports as quickly as possible I am sure the players and yourself will be satisfied with my staffing ability's

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do:

I will ask any available staff if they could help me out and if they can't or there are not any available staff I will check the staff handbook or rules handbook depending on the situation

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers:

I have staffed on other games but not Garry's mod

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

Good listener, Mature and lastly I can handle situations proffesionally

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

Although I can offer great availability hours wise I can only offer certain days of the week which will change quite a bit due to work days changing but on days I can be available I can be on for over 5 hours, There are no other weaknesses that I can think of

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member:

I would like to become a staff member due to seeing there not being much staff in the server whilst I'm playing meaning staff struggling with the large amounts of reports, And I also enjoy staffing and helping out when I can

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff:
No severe disabilities

Have you received any help when creating this application:
No.

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking:
Yes.

Mozzie

Mozzie
Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
+1
Looks like a nice application, no bad experiences in-game, sounds like a mature guy.

Think you would be a good staff member!

BobblMan

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member
-1 To be honest, quite disrespectful to me in the past, haven't seen him much in game other than bad experiences honestly, the only good experiences were before i got to know him...

-1 To be honest, quite disrespectful to me in the past, haven't seen him much in game other than bad experiences honestly, the only good experiences were before i got to know him...
are you just putting this because your owed money even though you got it back?

1. Great guy helped me a ton when I started the server and gave me a good amount of money to buy a vehicle, would be nice seeing him as a staff member

parks

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
If you can be on for five hours how much time can you contribute to being a staff on duty?

Dale

Community Manager
Staff Manager
Superadmin
Staff Member
Community Management
Accepted

Contact me at some point for an interview.

Top Bottom