Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Skengman's Staff Application (V2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Skengman
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
2 months and a bit now.
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes.
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:211634049
1.7 References (if any)? Senior Moderator Bugzy

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM is the act of killing without any reason in doing so.

Example 1: Jeff kills Phil immediately after he leaves spawn.
Example 2: Bob calls Terry a weirdo - Terry in retaliation kills Bob.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

NLR (New Life Rule) means that, upon death, that individual must start their new life, initially a "fresh start". They cannot hold any RP knowledge of prior-events that took place. Furthermore, it implies that players must not return to the same area/situation in which they died within a certain time post-death which is 5 minutes, once they have died they must wait 5 minutes until they can return back to that area.

Example 1: Michael raids Bank, Joe kills Michael inside Bank Vault. Then Michael decides to comes back straight afterwards and kills Joe during his previous raid.
Example 2: Bill is an NCA Inspector and he gets shot in the head after responding to Jewellery Raid and he decides to trot back to retrieve his vehicle immediately after he respawned.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is the rule that implies that a player must hold value upon their life, as they would in real life. Hence, they should co-operate with armed criminals, and not make life-threatening moves when under threat, or do anything you wouldn't do in a situation like this in real life.

Example 1: Bill is being held at gunpoint by Joey. Bill pulls out a gun and kills Joey.
Example 2: Frank is being kidnapped while being held at gunpoint by Mike. Mike instructs Frank to go inside their base - Frank, decides to however, run away.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

Homophobia is when a group or individual dislikes or acts prejudice against gay people or towards the LGBTIA community.

Example 1: Michael decides to stab Stacey to death because they have just stated that they are gay.
Example 2: Joseph decides to purposely target a minority because they are gay.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism takes many forms and can happen in many places. It includes prejudice, discrimination or hatred directed at someone because of their colour, ethnicity or national origin.

Example 1: Michael decides to mic spam the N word.
Example 2: Joe decides to constantly target a group of people because they are a different skin colour.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has advertised carjacking and stolen an NHS member's vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advertise carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
At first I would inform him that he must not steal NHS vehicles. I would, on a first occasion, issue a verbal warning. If the issue persisted I would then proceed to issue a warn (Crimes Against NHS) and NITRP (No intent to roleplay) as he has disobeyed my instructions and failed to read !motd.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he averted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would immediately check advert logs to confirm that William did advert PD raid. I would check (if possible) where the murders happened to ensure that they were actually valid, and apart of the PD raid making sure that they were within the vicinity of PD meaning inside the entrance.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe's base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would inform Joe that he cannot build on the sidewalk, unless you are a Hobo. I'd then issue a verbal warning for this happening, if it's a first time occurrence, if it persists i'd issue a warn. I would then warn William for FTA (Failure to Advert). However, since Joe broke NLR (New life Rule), I would also issue a warn to him.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD Meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would investigate into whether or not Joe was actually aware of the PD meeting being in effect I would issue either a firm verbal warning, or a warn providing on the outcome of the situation.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I believe you should choose me over all other applicants as I have the dedication, discipline and understand what it means to become a Staff Member. Furthermore you should choose me because I have a clear understanding of the server rules and I make sure I'm following them always, for those rules I have broken in the past I did not intend for those to happen and as humans we all make witless mistakes it's part of our human nature it's how we adapt to overcome. Following on from that I believe I'd be a great Staff Member as I'm a friendly face and I'm online quite a lot of the time and keeping morale is one of my skills I never fail to please, If somebody is feeling down I'll be there to make sure they're alright and if they need anything they can always pop up in my DM's, as always I'm always happy to help regardless of the situation. Following on from that I've come fairly far in some departments to name a few, In NHS I'm a Consultant, In the London Mafia I am currently a Caporegime and In MET I'm currently a T SUPT as well as TANGO being a Assistant General (Technically not a department but I may count this) these positions have taken me some time to achieve which has required discipline, maturity, activity and good communication skills without these I wouldn't be able to make it to a fairly good point where I am currently. I will also be Fair and just, never biased towards anyone i.e If I see a fellow mate of mine I won't let him off of an RDM just because we're good pals I'd still warn him regardless. Just covering it again I'm quite active on Riverside and on the discord servers (mostly on discord If I'm not at college) which is a key ingredient for a Staff Member, adding onto that my punctuality is exceptional I never turn up late for any meetings unless I have been called elsewhere otherwise I'm always at meetings on-time or early.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle, what would you do?
I'd quickly ask an available admin in chat If I don't get a response I'd read over any Staff Booklets, If this results in the same out come I'd resort to DM a Senior Mod and if that fails as well I'd have be be just, and go with my gut and give the fairest punishment going by my knowledge and understanding so far.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Not Gmod Servers but I have Staffed multiple Community Servers in the past such as Roblox Communities (I know it's cringe) advertising servers and even Royal Marines Training servers for people who are interested in joining we give them tips and tricks on how to pass CTC Catterick Phases.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
1: I'm very active on Discord and quite active on Riverside when I'm not doing college work.

2: I have exceptional leadership skills when leading by example.

3: I am always professional when on duty as either MET, NCA, NHS and LM. I always show exceptional work ethic and maturity.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

1: College 3-5 days a week (If it's 5 days a week it will only be 1-2 hour lessons for that period of the day then i'm free and on most days I always finish at 4:30 BST)

2: Sometimes my frame-rates drop from 29 to 15 so I might lag badly here and there but mostly it's very smooth.

3: If someone continuously aggravates me in-game I may snap (It's rare that it may happen but not indefinite I hope this doesn't affect my application).

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I want to become a Staff Member due to the fact that I do spend a lot of time on the server and I'd like to further dedicate my time to being an exceptional Staff Member. If I do become Staff this new position can further better myself as an individual overall and improve my mindset and my attitude towards things in my daily life, not only that but having new responsibilities can set me up in the future and I can put this on future applications which will put me out there above other candidates. Supporting others and making sure I can produce the best experience possible for them would make my day great knowing that I'm benefiting the community greatly.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
Nope.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
I do.

????? ??????????, ????????

Last edited:
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Skengman
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
2 months and a bit now.
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes.
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:211634049
1.7 References (if any)? Senior Moderator Bugzy

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM is the act of killing without any reason in doing so.

Example 1: Jeff kills Phil immediately after he leaves spawn.
Example 2: Bob calls Terry a weirdo - Terry in retaliation kills Bob.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

NLR (New Life Rule) means that, upon death, that individual must start their new life, initially a "fresh start". They cannot hold any RP knowledge of prior-events that took place. Furthermore, it implies that players must not return to the same area/situation in which they died within a certain time post-death which is 5 minutes, once they have died they must wait 5 minutes until they can return back to that area.

FearRP is the rule that implies that a player must hold value upon their life, as they would in real life. Hence, they should co-operate with armed criminals, and not make life-threatening moves when under threat, or do anything you wouldn't do in a situation like this in real life.

Example 1: Bill is being held at gunpoint by Joey. Bill pulls out a gun and kills Joey.
Example 2: Frank is being kidnapped while being held at gunpoint by Mike. Mike instructs Frank to go inside their base - Frank, decides to however, run away.

Homophobia is when a group or individual dislikes or acts prejudice against gay people or towards the LGBTIA community.

Example 1: Michael decides to stab Stacey to death because they have just stated that they are gay.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism takes many forms and can happen in many places. It includes prejudice, discrimination or hatred directed at someone because of their colour, ethnicity or national origin.

Example 1: Michael decides to mic spam the N word.
Example 2: Joe decides to constantly target a group of people because they are a different skin colour.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has advertised carjacking and stolen an NHS member's vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advertise carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
At first I would inform him that he must not steal NHS vehicles. I would, on a first occasion, issue a verbal warning. If the issue persisted I would then proceed to issue a warn (Crimes Against NHS) and NITRP (No intent to roleplay) as he has disobeyed my instructions and failed to read !motd.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he averted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would immediately check advert logs to confirm that William did advert PD raid. I would check (if possible) where the murders happened to ensure that they were actually valid, and apart of the PD raid making sure that they were within the vicinity of PD meaning inside the entrance.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe's base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would inform Joe that he cannot build on the sidewalk, unless you are a Hobo. I'd then issue a verbal warning for this happening, if it's a first time occurrence, if it persists i'd issue a warn. I would then warn William for FTA (Failure to Advert). However, since Joe broke NLR (New life Rule), I would also issue a warn to him.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD Meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would investigate into whether or not Joe was actually aware of the PD meeting being in effect I would issue either a firm verbal warning, or a warn providing on the outcome of the situation.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I believe you should choose me over all other applicants as I have the dedication, discipline and understand what it means to become a Staff Member. Furthermore you should choose me because I have a clear understanding of the server rules and I make sure I'm following them always, for those rules I have broken in the past I did not intend for those to happen and as humans we all make witless mistakes it's part of our human nature it's how we adapt to overcome. Following on from that I believe I'd be a great Staff Member as I'm a friendly face and I'm online quite a lot of the time and keeping morale is one of my skills I never fail to please, If somebody is feeling down I'll be there to make sure they're alright and if they need anything they can always pop up in my DM's, as always I'm always happy to help regardless of the situation. Following on from that I've come fairly far in some departments to name a few, In NHS I'm a Consultant, In the London Mafia I am currently a Caporegime and In MET I'm currently a T SUPT as well as TANGO being a Assistant General (Technically not a department but I may count this) these positions have taken me some time to achieve which has required discipline, maturity, activity and good communication skills without these I wouldn't be able to make it to a fairly good point where I am currently. I will also be Fair and just, never biased towards anyone i.e If I see a fellow mate of mine I won't let him off of an RDM just because we're good pals I'd still warn him regardless. Just covering it again I'm quite active on Riverside and on the discord servers (mostly on discord If I'm not at college) which is a key ingredient for a Staff Member, adding onto that my punctuality is exceptional I never turn up late for any meetings unless I have been called elsewhere otherwise I'm always at meetings on-time or early.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle, what would you do?
I'd quickly ask an available admin in chat If I don't get a response I'd read over any Staff Booklets, If this results in the same out come I'd resort to DM a Senior Mod and if that fails as well I'd have be be just, and go with my gut and give the fairest punishment going by my knowledge and understanding so far.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Not Gmod Servers but I have Staffed multiple Community Servers in the past such as Roblox Communities (I know it's cringe) advertising servers and even Royal Marines Training servers for people who are interested in joining we give them tips and tricks on how to pass CTC Catterick Phases.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
1: I'm very active on Discord and quite active on Riverside when I'm not doing college work.

2: I have exceptional leadership skills when leading by example.

3: I am always professional when on duty as either MET, NCA, NHS and LM. I always show exceptional work ethic and maturity.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

1: College 3-5 days a week (If it's 5 days a week it will only be 1-2 hour lessons for that period of the day then i'm free and on most days I always finish at 4:30 BST)

2: Sometimes my frame-rates drop from 29 to 15 so I might lag badly here and there but mostly it's very smooth.

3: If someone continuously aggravates me in-game I may snap (It's rare that it may happen but not indefinite I hope this doesn't affect my application).

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I want to become a Staff Member due to the fact that I do spend a lot of time on the server and I'd like to further dedicate my time to being an exceptional Staff Member. If I do become Staff this new position can further better myself as an individual overall and improve my mindset and my attitude towards things in my daily life, not only that but having new responsibilities can set me up in the future and I can put this on future applications which will put me out there above other candidates. Supporting others and making sure I can produce the best experience possible for them would make my day great knowing that I'm benefiting the community greatly.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
Nope.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
I do.

????? ??????????, ????????
+1 a very a nice person active a lot and has a good rep with others players

Jon

Here's Why,

Example 2: Frank is being kidnapped while being held at gunpoint by Mike. Mike instructs Frank to go inside their base - Frank, decides to however, run away. You don't Specify that Bill and Frank are outnumbered by multiple firearms pointed at them hence this isn't FearRP, FearRP is where you are outnumbered by multiple people who have Weapons.

I would investigate into whether or not Joe was actually aware of the PD meeting being in effect I would issue either a firm verbal warning, or a warn providing on the outcome of the situation. You would issue a verbal warning/warn for RDM x10? Thats it? Only a verbal warning/warning for someone killing 10 people during a meeting which was cleary adverted plus there would be people in PD Sitting down at the stage with a CHIEFSUPT+ Speaking about topics, It's the Jihads fault for not having common sense.

Homophobia is when a group or individual dislikes or acts prejudice against gay people or towards the LGBTIA community. What is this LGBTIA Community? do you mean LGBTQ+ Community? if so

That really Isn't Homopobia homophobia is where you purposely insult threaten or wish to harm in real life.

At first I would inform him that he must not steal NHS vehicles. I would, on a first occasion, issue a verbal warning. If the issue persisted I would then proceed to issue a warn (Crimes Against NHS) and NITRP (No intent to roleplay) as he has disobeyed my instructions and failed to read !motd. a Warn for NITRP What? that isn't a thing NITRP is a 2 week ban or longer depending on how serious the offense was, as he has disobeyed my instructions and failed to read !motd that's a warn or a kick for Not listening to staff.

Here's Why,

Example 2: Frank is being kidnapped while being held at gunpoint by Mike. Mike instructs Frank to go inside their base - Frank, decides to however, run away. You don't Specify that Bill and Frank are outnumbered by multiple firearms pointed at them hence this isn't FearRP, FearRP is where you are outnumbered by multiple people who have Weapons.

I would investigate into whether or not Joe was actually aware of the PD meeting being in effect I would issue either a firm verbal warning, or a warn providing on the outcome of the situation. You would issue a verbal warning/warn for RDM x10? Thats it? Only a verbal warning/warning for someone killing 10 people during a meeting which was cleary adverted plus there would be people in PD Sitting down at the stage with a CHIEFSUPT+ Speaking about topics, It's the Jihads fault for not having common sense.

Homophobia is when a group or individual dislikes or acts prejudice against gay people or towards the LGBTIA community. What is this LGBTIA Community? do you mean LGBTQ+ Community? if so

That really Isn't Homopobia homophobia is where you purposely insult threaten or wish to harm in real life.

At first I would inform him that he must not steal NHS vehicles. I would, on a first occasion, issue a verbal warning. If the issue persisted I would then proceed to issue a warn (Crimes Against NHS) and NITRP (No intent to roleplay) as he has disobeyed my instructions and failed to read !motd. a Warn for NITRP What? that isn't a thing NITRP is a 2 week ban or longer depending on how serious the offense was, as he has disobeyed my instructions and failed to read !motd that's a warn or a kick for Not listening to staff.
Alright, thanks hopefully I can improve my answers on my next app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom