Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Alex Carter Staff App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Alex Carter
1.2 How old are you?
17, 18 on the 15th December.
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes, I do.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
Officially, Around a month. Before then, It would have been maybe a year and a half ago around the time when Parks was Comm and Doofy was DComm
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yeah, I am.
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:0:201303367
1.7 References (if any)?
Matos

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM is killing someone without a reason (Random Death Match). An example would be going up to someone and just spraying them down for walking in the street. Another example would be something like shooting and killing someone for accidentally tapping your car and without adverting anything that can be RP'd, Murdering them and the others inside.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR is New Life Rule. You forget everything after death and cant return to the place of death for 5 minutes. This also means you cant remember what had happened therefore you cant talk about your previous death unless its OOC.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is when you should fear for your life meaning you follow commands that the person with the weapon is telling you to do. FearRP initiates when you have weapons drew on you and you are not holding one, If you are told to do something, You follow it. If not, It would result as a warn for FearRP. Pulling out a weapon whilst guns are pointed at you would also count as FearRP and can result in a warn.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia would be using harsh terms for people of a different orientation as an insult or in a negative way, For example, Calling someone a 'Faggot', Or using 'Gay' in a slandering way. This would also count if someone was to use words like 'Dyke'.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is hate against Races. This would involve calling people a 'Chink' for being Asian, The N Word would also count as a racist term, Aswell as 'Cracker'.
Another example would be if someone was to become hostile or abusive in-game due to another user being apart of another race or religion.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
This would result in a Verbal for stealing NHS vehicles, Its not a common rule so letting people know whilst on the sit is more beneficial then a straight warn. If its an issue that keeps happening with the same person then a warn is necessary. FTA would be the warn I'd give them as it is still Failure to Advert Carjack.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? As long as it abides Cooldown, and the people willingly walked in After the advert, The sit would be called off. If they are citizens and are inside, I'd recommend to them to allow those to leave who aren't involved. If they are police, Its fair game as it is a PD raid. No warns can be given there.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
As per the rules, Only Hobos can base on the street, Therefore Joe would receive a Warn for building in the street. William would get a warn for RDM & NLR, A warn for FTA x2 and a warn for Majors as a Drug Dealer. As William is able to sell the drugs, That means his is a Drug Dealer himself. That would be Committing a Major as a Drug Dealer. (I would have kicked him personally for NITRP on top of that as this shows there is no attempt at Roleplay throughout this scenario).

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
A government official with sufficient permissions has adverted no major crimes, Bombing falls under Major Crimes. This would be a Warn for Interrupting Meeting and a jail for 300 seconds to read over the !motd.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I've been previously staff on this server so I have the experience on as Staff. Ive spent quite a bit of time back on the server and I've built up quite a few relationships between members in the server, Especially the Cheese Mafia and Ghost Gang. Im adaptive so If I am told something has changed, I can quickly adjust to it with minimal complaints. Im pretty easy going, So I can keep rather level headed when it comes down to dealing with Sits and listening to others.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would reach out to another member of staff, preferably one with a higher rank as guidance, I'd understand what they do and the reasons behind it so in the future, I may understand how to deal with that situation myself.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, I have former experience on Riverside well over a year ago as mentioned above.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Knowledgeable on the server
Understanding and able to listen, Therefore both sides are taken into account before a judgement is made.
Open to criticism, Allowing me to better myself as time goes on
3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
I work a full time job and i'll be starting a fire fighting course on the side, Meaning my hours are limited, But they will get done.
I may be a bit slower on understanding the difference between criticism and an insult, But i do try to take everything as criticism.
Due to issues with my throat, Speaking at times may become difficult, I always do but theres a chance I may just have to go for a little while to relax, Meaning that my hours may become a little more limited then previously mentioned. Although I am on all the time when im home.
3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
As I was previously staff, I enjoyed the atmosphere from back then and wish to do it again, I would also like to help stop people who are abusing the rules behind the scenes. I would also like to try and better the current relationships I have with people as I really enjoy player interaction. All around, I would like to also deal with people who come into the server purely to get Kicked/Banned. Best to give them what they want.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes, I do.

+1 ive had great interactions with you. You know the rules very well i think you would be a very good addition to the staff team

Neutral
I've seen you on the server often however I don't know you well enough to gather an opinion on you

+1 if I could do x1000 I would basically great guy good interactions everything to give him a great rep

-1 I have told you off a few times for having a mingy behavior
I don’t even know who you are mate.

Apologies, Just found out who you are. Every time you've 'Told me off', You've been off duty and had no clue on the situation. Think near enough every staff member can agree with the fact that i havent minged mate. This morning, You tried to get involved on a scene whilst you were off duty reminding me of the rules that I was following, But because you didnt know what was going on and had no actual authority or reports to go off, You still had to 'Just say' that rule to me.

Please, As a tip for you. If you dont get the report and have no clue whats going on in a situation that isnt even a big deal, Especially off-duty. Dont get involved. It irritated me this morning, Pretty sure others would agree that it gets irritating.

Last edited:
+1 soundest guy needs to be staff all the others who are lower down are mentally disabled ly alex <3 xxx

I don’t even know who you are mate.

Apologies, Just found out who you are. Every time you've 'Told me off', You've been off duty and had no clue on the situation. Think near enough every staff member can agree with the fact that i havent minged mate. This morning, You tried to get involved on a scene whilst you were off duty reminding me of the rules that I was following, But because you didnt know what was going on and had no actual authority or reports to go off, You still had to 'Just say' that rule to me.

Please, As a tip for you. If you dont get the report and have no clue whats going on in a situation that isnt even a big deal, Especially off-duty. Dont get involved. It irritated me this morning, Pretty sure others would agree that it gets irritating.
I am not referring to off duty but I will not discuss this here any further

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom