Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied MrJordinn's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSR

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
MrJordinn
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
About 1-2 years (I have been playing before the server shut down)
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes.
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:0:434727422

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM (Random Death Match) Is when a user falsely murders another user for no reason at all.
Example 1: Timmy is walking to the dealership. But all of a sudden Garry comes along and kills Timmy for absolutely no reason at all. That would be RDM.
Example 2: A random guy called Jimmy is walking to get into his car. He gets into his car and a police officer randomly shoots his car making it explode. That would also be RDM.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR (New Life Rule) Is when a user returns to the same place that they died before 5 minutes is up.
Example 1: John is doing a bank raid. Police Officers rush in with weapons and kill John. John then respawns and goes back to the same location he was killed at before 5 minutes is up.
Example 2: Bob is walking down the street and gets mugged by a terrorist. If Bob then walks back to the location where he was mugged and killed at that would also be classed as NLR.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is when a user does not follow someone's instructions when they are under pressure with a weapon.
Example 1: Lenny commits a bank heist. The police chase him and manage to stop him successfully. Multiple police officers point their gun at Lenny telling him to step out of the vehicle. But if Lenny doesn't listen then that would be classed as FearRP.
Example 2: Tom is being kidnapped with 3 guns held to his head by terrorists. If Tom then decides to pull out his weapon and kills all 3 of them that would be classed as FearRP since the other people already had their weapons out.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is when someone is against members of the LGBT+ community.
Example 1: James likes boys. He feels insecure about it so he goes to speak to Tim about it. He tells Tim that he is gay. Tim they says "I hate gay people ur gay" that would be classed as homophobia.
Example 2: Tommy spins out in his vehicle and hits Jerry. Jerry then shouts at Tommy saying "ur a gay retard" that would be classed as homophobia.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is when someone is against someone else that has a darker skin colour.
Example 1: Kago is chillin' in his car waiting to meet someone to do a drug deal. The drug dealer pulls up and says "yo whats up n***a" that would be classed as racism.
Example 2: Yammy has a black character in game. Jonny goes up to Yammy and says "eeeee ur black so ur gay" that would be classed as racism and homophobia.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
These are the steps that I would do below:
Step 1: Bring all of the users involved with the scene to a rooftop so it is not disrupting anyone's roleplay.
Step 2: Ask both sides of the story and ask if there is any proof of this happening.
Step 3: I would check logs to see if he adverted.
Step 4: If there was proof of him stealing the ambulance or if I saw him driving it I would warn the user and close the sit. If there was no proof at all then I would simply close the sit without action being taken.
2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Step 1: I would bring all players that were involved to a rooftop.
Step 2: I would ask both sides of the story and try to get an understanding of the situation.
Step 3: I would check logs to see if it was adverted and to see who William killed. If William killed 6 people without adverting I would ban him for Mass RDM (if I can't ban then I would get a higher up to do it) If William did advert then I would simply close the case.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Step 1: I would bring all players involved to a rooftop.
Step 2: I would ask both sides of the story and get an good understanding of the situation.
Step 3: I would ask if there was any proof of this happening. If there was proof I would take action and warn William for raiding a base without an advert and for committing NLR.
Step 4: If there was no proof I would check logs and if everything in the logs made sense with the situation I would warn William for NLR and for raiding without an advert.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Step 1: I would take Joe up to a rooftop.
Step 2: I would ask for an explanation on why he killed 10 people after there was an advert for a PD meeting.
Step 3: I would ban Joe for Mass RDM (or get a higher up to do it)

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I feel like you should choose me over other applicants because I have experience from previous servers and I have been with riverside for a long time and supported it for 1-2 years. There has been some bad sides but I really feel like I have changed since then.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

I would ask for another staff to come and assist me and explain everything to them. I would then take notes so I know what to do next time.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

1. Activity. I am on my computer all of the time when I am not at school.
2. Personality. I am quite a happy person.
3. Kindness. I always try to be as kind as I can all of the time.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

1. Temper. I can lose my temper very rarely.
2. I get angry when people really don't listen to me.
3. I can not always get things correct.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I would like to be a staff member in Riverside Roleplay because I have been with riverside for a very long time now and I have applied for staff multiple times and always been denied. Now that I have grown up a but more I feel that I have the qualities to be staff in Riverside Roleplay. I really hope I can get this opportunity as I have been trying for a while.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes.

Some of the questions don't make sense and lack a lot of detail.

I'm unsure if you haven't read the rules or you're just not explaining them thoroughly for example, the FearRP one. When a user doesn't follow instructions to someone with a weapon with what you said. Though it quite literally says "If you're outnumbered" You also say you've been playing for TWO YEARS, though you joined the forums today.
Me not being a veteran player i've never heard of you nor met you but it seems quite weird as you're one of the newest members.

It seems like you over thought some of the parts on the application and it messed you up.
--
Also i'm unsure if you've lied or not about playing for two years, but i'm not a veteran so that's not my say.

MoDesigns

Community Owner
Developer
Superadmin
Community Management
-1 imagine capping about your age when your like 11

Minus one, You were recently unbanned from the discord, I barely remember who you are, you need to get more well known in the community and actually play on the server.

JSR

I'm unsure if you haven't read the rules or you're just not explaining them thoroughly for example, the FearRP one. When a user doesn't follow instructions to someone with a weapon with what you said. Though it quite literally says "If you're outnumbered" You also say you've been playing for TWO YEARS, though you joined the forums today.
Me not being a veteran player i've never heard of you nor met you but it seems quite weird as you're one of the newest members.

It seems like you over thought some of the parts on the application and it messed you up.
--
Also i'm unsure if you've lied or not about playing for two years, but i'm not a veteran so that's not my say.
Yeah the only reason it says I have recently joined is because Riverside shut down a while back and the forums were deleted. I am still in the steam group tho.

MoDesigns

Community Owner
Developer
Superadmin
Community Management

--
“Veteran” LOL does garrys mod look like the army now

Last time I met you, you were extremely immature and confusing on Riverside, you should consider trying to improve your reputation before applying for staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom