Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Sky1ine's Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky1ine

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Sky1ine
1.2 How old are you? 17
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Mid 2019
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:149159392

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
Random death match is where one player kills another player without an explicit reason.

Tom sees Sam spawn a nice car, Tom follows him and kills Sam. He then steals his car. This is RDM and FTA.

Joe gets raided by James, Joe kills James but James comes back and kills him. This is NLR and RDM.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
New Life Rule is where a player returns to an area or ongoing scenario that they have been involved in when they died.

David is raiding PD. Liam tries kill him but he dies, Liam comes back but still dies. This is NLR.

Sam got killed by a Jihad, He walks up and kills the Jihad after the situation. This is NLR.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is where a player has to fear for their life because of weaponry being pointed at them etc.

PCSO Jim gets surrounded by 3 LM members, all holding guns, One of them adverts kidnap strips weapons and comms. Jim pulls out his taser and tases one of them. He gets killed. This is FailRP and FearRP.

Henry gets surrounded by SCO-19, He is under arrest for theft. He turns round and pulls out a Rifle and shoots one of them. This is FearRP

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is where a player discriminates against someone because of their Sexuality

Ben and his friends go to raid someone's base, They kill him and start to shout slurs at him.

Terrorist tryouts are being hosted at 8, Harry isn't let in because of his sexuality.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is where a player discriminates against someone because of their Skin Colour

Jim goes up to Kieran and says give me all your money you n****r

Simon is hosting a PD meeting, Garry is over his cooldown from PCSO. Simon doesn't promote him because of his skin colour.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring William and Joe to a sit, I would explain to William that he isn't allowed to steal any NHS vehicle. If he already knew this then I would ask him why he stole it and warn him, if not I would tell him that if he did it again he would be warned. I would explain to joe that even if he did advert, he isnt allowed to steal it and to let an admin know if he does it again.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring William and Joe to a sit, I would ask Joe where he was at the time, If he was in PD then I would check to see if William had adverted PD Raid. If so I would let Joe know why he was killed and tell him to double check that he adverted PD raid before making a sit.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring William and Joe to a sit, I would let Joe know that he isn't allowed to build on the street unless he is on as a 'Hobo'. I would let William know that no matter what he is raiding he needs to advert it. Since William returned to the scenario I would warn him for NLR, RDM and FTA. I would ask Joe if he had any proof of the drugs he had, If he did I would either give him a refund from my own money or make a ticket in the discord. I would then get joe to remove his base and to go and build one inside a building.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring William and Joe to a sit, I would ask Joe if he was aware that a PD meeting was going on and there were to be no major crimes. Since a bomb is a major crime, Since Joe had adverted this wouldn't really be Mass RDM, I would find a suitable punishment for Joe and tell him not to do another major crime until the PD meeting is over.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
Over the years that I have played Garry's mod, I have picked up experience and have helped newcomers along the way, I have picked up experience of staffing communities too. I get along with everyone and communicate well. I am dedicated towards everything I put work towards, I would like to say that I am active on this server and have communicated with most staff and players.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would firstly consult another member of staff either in the community discord or through game If I was unable to contact another member of staff, I would give the offender a verbal warning and would revise the rules and make sure to get in contact with another member of staff when possible.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, I was a Moderator at a popular CityRP server for 4-5 months, I wasn't able to get a senior position due to me not having a microphone at the time. Through this I gained lots of experience and how to deal with difficult situations.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Dedication; I am dedicated towards everything that i put effort towards, I enjoy this server alot meaning I will dedicate time towards making it a better place.
Friendly; I am friendly to every member, I treat everyone the same and keep my calm even when they are being rude.
Communication; I am always on one of the community discords, Speaking to people and helping them where I can.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
1. I often overwork situations that require little work.
2. I try to manage lots of situations at the one time.
3. My computer is not the best, I get low FPS in the city area, I am currently in the process of buying parts.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to be a staff member so I can help people and enhance the roleplay experience of this server. I have been playing on this server since restart and have noticed alot of minging and people spamming props etc causing lag. As a staff member I would be able to help the server and make it more enjoyable for everyone else and myself. I enjoy helping people.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes

Over the past few days, I have been making myself known in the community. I have spent a while on this application. Thanks for the feedback on my previous application.

Kev

+1 - So this guy name Ronald messaged me at 00:00 saying Mr Sky1ine is a hard-working, persevering and dedicator towards his job and role. Therefore I feel like it would be a compliment if Mr Skyl1ne is a mature monkey.

-1 Not mature
Completely not true, I speak to him quite regularly on the SCO-19 Discord, and also in private Discords he has never acted immaturely once. Plus how are you making up that he's immature when you got perm banned for death threats.

I think given a chance you could do a good job as a staff member , your application is mediocre, Plus one.

+1

While your app could have done with more detail, you have potential to be a good staff member plus I have only had good interactions with you as SCO19.

+1
Mature, Hard working and friendly person, would be a great addition to the staff team

+1
there are a few areas that could use a bit more detail but overall its decent, your also a good person and should be given a chance on the staff team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom