Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Closed Bugware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member(s) of staff: Bugware
Member(s) of staff's rank: MGMT
Date of Incident: 26/05/2024
Information about the incident. Please include as much detail as possible: I was partaking in a PD meeting trying to calm the muppets messing about, Bugware then decided to call me a paedophile in front of other players on the server, this is an extremely serious accusation and not one I take lightly, Bugware is in a position of trust and power where people should look up to him for guidance. For other players to hear him slander another user with such a derogatory accusation does not make A, the server look good, and B, the player base. Obviously this accusation isn't true, but for a random player to hear a member of the management team call someone it might make them think it is true.
Evidence on the incident: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/2fjUoYnv3EOo6o/d1337JIshKxs?invite=cr-MSxrMkksNTIxNzYwMiw

Bugware

Mentorship Manager
Management
Appeals & Reports
Senior-Admin
Staff Member
Hello Ray,

I sincerely apologize if you interpreted this "Accusation" as a fully-fledged accusation, instead of a joke. It was clearly said as a joke, and from what I can see, nobody even responded to my potentially hurtful words. Suppose this situation alone has severely impacted your reputation within the community, in which case, I apologize for doing such, and in no way, shape, or form do I see you as a pedophile. In fact, I see you as a good person with a good reputation within a good player base. If anybody comes to you involving this situation, calling you names or harassing you, send them to me and I will deal with them immediately and accordingly.

Thanks,
Bugware

Good evening Bugware,

Now whilst you may see this as a joke, I do not. I get multiple people on the server calling me a nonce and a paedophile. If it was said in a private call in an unserious setting potentially could see it in a joking manner, however, in a PD meeting which is supposed to be serious whilst you are in an HU position, why would I take this as a joke? You mention that you would punish people for calling me a nonce, however, if you would punish them why would you think its acceptable to say?

Thanks
Ray

After a change of heart, as long as he sticks to his promise of not calling me it again. I forgive bugware and wish no further action to be taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom