Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Brazil's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? 9er Brazil
1.2 How old are you? 16
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? 2 years
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Definitely
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:173185290

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM - Random Deathmatch, it is the act of killing a player with no RP reason given. 1) Jules has seen a man who he doesn't like to look of so he shoots him in the head with 0 adverts. 2) Sam has found a car and decides that it is justified to shoot a random walking player on the other side of the street.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR - New Life Rule. This is the rule you must follow if you have died, therefore meaning you must not interact with any of the previous people involved in the situation you died in for 5 minutes after your respawn. 1) Greg dies at Leslie Green due to a failed raid attempt, he must not return to that same base or commit crimes on the person who killed him. 2) Marcel has died in a PD raid, therefore he must not return to the PD for 5 minutes.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP - Not valuing the life of your character. This is where you are held under gunpoint in a situation where you will definitely die if you do not follow the rules of the gunmen. 1) 3 people mug 1 man, he is outnumbered meaning he must follow the rules of the 3 people and cannot try to fight back as he will definitely die and is devaluing his life. 2) Teddy and Buster puts a gun onto Mark and adverts kidnap, but Mark still decides to try and shoot back even after being stripped of his weapons.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is displaying any form of hatred towards the LGBT community 1) Calling somebody a "faggot" in text chat or voice chat 2) Repeatedly committing a crime on an in game player who you know is part of the LGBT community in real life and purely bullying them just because of this community.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is displaying any form of hatred towards a person purely because of their skin colour or religion. 1) You find out a player is of Asian origin in real life then proceed to call them words such as "paki" in voice chat and text chat. 2) A player announces he is of Jewish decent and another player constantly abuses them whilst making remarks about the Holocaust making jokes.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I will ask for evidence if there is no proof that i am able to see myself i will hop in a discord call with Joe to see the necessary clip, once i see that William is inside of the NHS vehicle i immediately warn him for committing crimes on the NHS. This is not FTA, it is a separate rule.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? This depends on many different things. If William has stated in his advert something along the lines of "KOS inside" or "KOS unwanted" and Joe was inside of PD, along with the other 6 people then he was perfectly within his rights to kill said players. However if he was not inside PD, nor was the killed players then Joe will be sanctioned for Mass RDM, most likely a temporary ban.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe's base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? William has broken NLR so will be immediately warned, no questions asked as the evidence is there in the logs. William will also be warned for FTA as he raided without notifying Joe. Joe will also be given a verbal warning for building a base on the sidewalk as it is not allowed, however he may not be aware of this rule.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I will teleport to Joe and warn him for FailRP because he did a major crime after William had just announced that it is not allowed.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I am very active on the server every day (minimum 3 days) and i have quite a long history of being involved with the staff, therefore i have ended up reading the rules multiple times so i am very familiar with the rulebook. I can be very fair as a neutral person sanctioning the sits as well as being familiar with the community, apart from INF i'm sure a lot of people would be happy for me to be resolving their problems.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? I would double check the rules, and if the situation is in a grey area of the rules then i would try and get a second opinion from a higher up to see what they think of the situation. If the situation still cannot be pinned to an exact rule-breaking issue then the sit would have to be called off.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? I was admin for a couple of months on a very popular military roleplay server.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: I have good communication skills when trying to sort issues out with people. I am very familiar with the community of riverside as well as with the rules so there would very rarely be a time where the outcome of a situation will be unjust. I'm just not a fan of people who try to remove the fun out of RP, and will definitely make sure these people are dealt with.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: I can tend to shout in voice, however if i was the SOD in a sit i would be able to keep my calm and resolve the issues. Exams in the summer may limit the time i can spend on the server but will still try my best. I have quite a few friends on the server so people may assume i will be biased towards them but as a staff member i will have to keep a neutral ground going into the situation.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I want to help Riverside to become the fun server it always has been, while helping to eradicate any potential obstacles that may attempt to bring down the overall well-being of the server.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Totally.

-1 I've been in multiple admins sits with you and I've seen you been verbally warned way too much because you claimed that you didn't know the rule

You have 17 warns, Minus one, I don't think you would be a good fit for staff.

You have 17 warns, Minus one, I don't think you would be a good fit for staff.
You gotta see the logic here mate, if i've been in that many sits then therefore i'd be that good of an SOD i wouldn't even need to shadow for the start as i have that much experience with them. Sledge's claim is a stretch, the 1 rule i didn't know was targeting which i then got removed.

The server has been open for just more than a month, and you have already gained 17 warns. You are not fit for staff at all.

Nano

Ex. Staff Manager
Denied on many recent events that happened that lead me to believe you will not be fit for the staff team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom