Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied callums staff app

Status
Not open for further replies.
.1: What is your in-game name? Callum Harding
1.2 How old are you? 15
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? couple of months
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:587954011
1.7 References (if any)? No

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: Random Death Match also known as RDM is when you kill someone without a valid reason. The first example is: Person A which is a suited citizen goes near person B and kills him with his pistol for no reason. The second example is: Person A is a police officer and is pulling over person B, person A tells him to get out of the car and then proceeds to kill person B with his firearm for no reason.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: New Life Rule also known as NLR is a rule which indicates that each life you have is different and once you die you can not 1. Take part in the same roleplay situation. 2. Return to the location of your death unless 5 minutes have passed. The first example is: Person A raids person B, sees that he has printers and is making meth but he gets killed. He then goes back to the base and calls the police reporting that the person is doing illegal activities. The second example is: Person A raids the gas station with his friend but he dies. He then comes back and starts shooting at the police to help his friend.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP means that you have to fear for your life when you are outnumbered by armed players. The first example is: Person A and his three friends are kidnapping person B. They tell him to comply and point guns at him but he still runs away. The second example is: Person A is being chased by the police, he jumps out and four police officers point their guns at him telling him to put his hands up but he pulls out his gun and starts shooting them.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is the dislike or hate towards homosexual people. The first example is: Person A raids someone's base and when he gets killed he starts screaming homophobic slurs at him. The second example is: Person A is a gun dealer and outside of his store he puts a sign saying "No Gays Allowed".

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is the dislike or hate to anyone due to their ideology, beliefs, race, or origin. The first example is: Person A goes on a job that has a model with black skin color. Person B approaches him and says racist slurs towards him just because his player model is black. The second example is: Player A is new to the server and he can't speak English well. Someone comes up to him and starts cussing him out cause he's foreign and isn't good at speaking English.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? First of all, I would claim the report and bring Joe to ask for his side of the story. Then I would bring William and ask for his side of the story. I would then check logs to see if I can find anything that can help me regarding the case and if William did steal the NHS vehicle I would explain to him how it's against the rules to steal ambulances and also to not advert carjack and would either warn him or give him a verbal warning depending on his previous warnings.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would check logs and ask to see if anyone has a video of it to see if Joe was inside the PD. If Joe was outside the PD and not interfering with the raid, I would either give a warning or verbal depending on William's record but if Joe was inside I would explain it to him and then close the case.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring both of them and ask them for their side of the story. Then I would check logs and any video to see if what they are saying is true. Firstly, I would explain to Joe that building a base on the sidewalk is only allowed as a Hobo. Secondly, I would explain to William that what he did is NLR because he came back to his death location and killed Joe and also failed to advert the raid. Finally, I would warn Joe for building on the sidewalk as a drug dealer and ask him to remove his base or remove it myself if he does not do it and I would also warn William for NLR - FTA.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would once again bring them and ask for their part of the story. I would then check logs to see if William adverted PD meeting and if Joe killed any people and the timing of the kills. Next, I would explain to Joe that what he did was wrong because he killed 10 people in a Major crime that was not allowed since the PD meeting advert states no major crimes and I would warn him for doing a major crime while a PD meeting is happening.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I believe you should choose me over other applicants for various reasons. First one is because I have a lot of experience being a staff member on servers and because during my playtime, I have learned a bunch of things about the server which helps me provide support to players that need it. I have also played in various departments which might enable me to see different points of view for each situation and reports players are involved in. I am always happy to help people when needed and will try to help as well as I can and as fast as I can. I believe that I am good at distinguishing that fine line between some people that want to properly roleplay and those people that just want to mess around and are breaking as many rules as they can. I think that I am also very unbiased and I don't decide the outcome of a situation depending on who the players involved are or what their job/role within a department is.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? I would ask for help from other staff members.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Yes. Mostly on DarkRP servers. i owned 2 city rp servers tho and owned dark rp servers

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: 1. Mature and professional when needed. 2. Patient and work well under pressure. 3. Good knowledge of the rules and the server

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: 1. May be too friendly at times and may hesitate to issue a punishment. 2. Very bad computer may make me lag during staff sits. 3. School will start in a month and half so that will probably decrease my activity then.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I want to be a staff member because as I said earlier, I like helping people and I can take out time from what I'm doing to help someone out. I also think that even after all my experience and time staffing servers, being a staff member and dealing with reports and people that need help is still fun and not boring although some people may think it is boring and burnout quickly from it. I want to give back to the community and make players' experiences better by dealing with rulebreakers and helping with questions and such.

Disrespectful
had intercations with him where he was being racist
Anger Issues
Not Mature

You are a very active member of the rs community, however you can be quite temperamental at times, which leads me to believe you might not be able to handle the stress and struggles of being a staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom