Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Instant Money Printer Despawning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is a picture of my two money printers that I created at 1pm today. I upgraded each one of them to max level for £175,000 each, making a cost of £370,000 including the 10k initial costs of the printers.
20210905130103_1.jpg

Each minute gives me £12,000. So to make back my £370,000 investment I need to wait 30 minutes to make back the money I spent on the printers.

At 14:04pm today, my Gmod crashed. This is a normal occurrence for many players, but for me, my Gmod seems to crash on average 3-4 times in a 12 hour gaming session. When I crashed and quickly reconnected to the server, although my props were still there in my base, I lost the doors (fair enough) and I lost both printers. This is unfair as I have just wasted all my money, and have wasted my precious time attempting to make a profit on the server. Sometimes my Gmod can crash at ANY time, meaning that the risk is not worth it. Even though today, I did in fact make a small profit. It just seems futile and pointless to spend ANOTHER £350,000 just to get my printers back.

I have lost printers due to crashing 3 times now, and enough is enough. If this can't be fixed I will no longer EVER use printers, or even drug dealing for that matter and I will stick with gambling on the slot machines as I have no choice as the risk is not worth it.

Suggestion: Allow players a 3-5 minute reconnection period for all money printers in the server until they disappear. I normally reconnect in 60-70 seconds, so I recommend a 3-5 minute window for people with slower computers.

get a good pc
Unhelpful comment.

However, my PC is as follows:
GTX 1080Ti 12Gb VRAM
i5-7640x at 4.0 GHz
16gb Ram
x299 Aorus Ultra Gaming motherboard

It's not the latest and best PC, it's not RTX 3090 standard. However, it's more than enough to run Garry's Mod considering the recommended system requirements to run Garry's Mod and Half Life 2 is:

2.5 GHz or better.
8Gb Ram
1GB dedicated VRAM or better

Your comment is invalid.

Also I have spoken with a few members of the community in-game and have agreed with me.

fzn

1. Crashing isn't as common for most people as you think it is
2. allowing entities to exist for non-existent players causes errors and more problems than is worth having them stay on the server.

I suggest you figure out various ways to fix your crashing.

Edit: I'm just going to follow guides and Cian's advice to uninstall all addons from other servers and just be strict to what servers I join and which addons I download. Maybe I just have subscribed to a some servers addons and they're causing me the problems all this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom