Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Charliechocomelt's Staff app (Please read my reasoning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.1: What is your in-game name? Charliechocomelt
1.2 How old are you? 15
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Around 2 or 3 months
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:580936918
1.7 References (if any)? Unity, Kieran, Bonquiqui, Dindu, Skengman, Ganja.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM stands for "Random death matching" This is a very common Gmod crime and happens a lot.
Example 1: Bonquiqui is walking down the street happily when godfrey jumps out of nowhere and shoots him, resulting in the death of bonquiqui.
Example 2: Unity snipes Skengman from spawn hotel to PD with no valid reason, This is RDM and is against the rules.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR stands for "New life rule" Also another very common Gmod crime. New life rule means you have to forget about your previous life and means you have essentially lost all memory of it, implying you cannot interact with your previous life.
Example 1: Steven raids Jeffery's base and in the process, Jeffery is killed. Jeffery is not allowed to go back to the situation within the next 5 minutes (Unless the raid ends before then).
Example 2: Edward is raiding PD, and kills two officers who were inside the building. The officers then come back after 3 minutes. This is breaking NLR and is against the rules.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is where 2 or more players have guns pointed at you in the street. This means you have to do what they say.
Example 1: 2 Thugs approach prospect in the middle of the street, point guns at him and initiate a mug. Prospect then disobeys their commands and runs away. This is fear RP.
Example 2: Graham the police constable is waling down the street, He sees two players running towards him. They stop and point guns at him, The PC then pulls out a pistol and begins shooting. Graham has broken FearRP.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is discriminating someone due to their sexual orientation.
Example: Harry stabs Ben, when an admin asks Harry why he did this, Harry says its because he's gay and he hates all gay people. This is homophobic and against the rules.
Example 2: Alex walks around the map calling people the F slur, This is homophobia and not tolerated.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is discriminating someone due to their ethnicity
Example 1: Bob goes around the map saying another player is a racist slur. That is racist.
Example 2: Steven shoots at someone and when questioned why he did it, says "because hes black". That is racist and not tolerated.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would explain to William that he cannot steal NHS vehicles as that is crimes against NHS and is not allowed. I would also educate Joe on the rules and let him know that William did advert carjack but the real crime he committed was stealing an NHS vehicle. I would also warn William for crimes against NHS.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? First of all i would check logs to see if William did advert PD raid. Next, if he did advert it i would look at the camera on the kill log to see if Joe was inside of PD. If he was, i would close the sit, if he wasn't inside PD, I would warn William for RDM as he can only shoot people inside PD during a PD raid. Also if willam adverts PD raid and kills people when hes not in PD that is also against the rules.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe's base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? First of all, i would warn Joe for building on the streets, Next i would warn William for FTA and NLR. I may also Jail them both and tell them to type !motd to access the server rules and have a detailed read through them so that this scenario didn't reoccur.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
First of all, i would check the PD advert to make sure, Then i would drag the Jihad to a sit and explain to him how the advert system and "no major crimes" works, next i would have to ban him for Mass RDM as he is clearly in the wrong and there is nothing either of us can do about it.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
Basically, i know many people know i got removed from staff will see this and think i'm mental for posting another staff application, and i'm not going to pretend like i didn't. But i made a very stupid mistake that changed everything but i take full credibility for that and it was my own fault. But i can't tell you how much i have learnt from that and i am confident you can put your trust in me again. Other than my mistake i believe i was a fair and reasonable staff member and really want it back. I have spent many hours on riverside over the past month or two and what I did was a one time thing and would never happen again. I know it may be difficult to accept this application as i did break the rule, but i can assure everyone i have learnt from it. All I ask is another chance.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? Speak to a staff member higher up than me with experience or ask a fellow mod for assistance in the in-game admin chat.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Yes, this one.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: Fair, reasonable, firm.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: Have responsibilities in other departments on riverside, Still in school, homework.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? i really enjoy helping the community improve and meeting new people.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? No

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

Reactions: Arm
+1 very nice + has improved a lot since his last time as staff

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Arm
+1 Chill guy, I believe by the look of things his attitude has improved so I'd say he deserves another shot as he has learned from his previous mistakes.
  • NCA CMDR
  • PD CMDR
  • SCO-19 CSUPT
  • PSD Officer
  • NHS HPMDC
  • London Mafia Godfather
  • Terrorist Chief
  • Head of Jihads
No.1 Bomber! No cappin

SENIOR MODERATOR

:ninja:

FORMER: (2021-2022)