Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Sam's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?

DIRGEN Sam 6183

1.2 How old are you?

1.3 Do you have a working microphone?

Yes

1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?

I've played Riverside since back in 2019 when I was a part of the staff team. I enjoyed my experience at Riverside as a staff member but sadly had to leave after needing to get surgery which required too much LOA. I would love to renew and continue this experience on the fresh release of the server.

1.5 Are you fluent in English?

Yes

1.6 What is your SteamID?

STEAM_0:0:63463501

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM is an abbreviation of Random Death Match. This rule states that a player can not be randomly killed for a non-roleplay reason.

Example:
A citizen spawns in and is shot by a thief at spawn. The thief had no roleplay reason to do this, as the person had just joined.

Example:
A government official is walking down the street and a terrorist pulls out a gun and opens fire. There is no justification for this shooting as there is no events happening nearby, or any crime scene that would warrant an attack on the official.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

NLR stands for New Life Rule. This rule determines a fresh roleplay scenario every time you respawn after dying. In simple terms, when you die you can not return to your place of death for 5 minutes. You may also not recall moments from your past life.

Example
A police officer is raiding a base with money printers inside. The police officer is killed by a gang member on the inside. The police officer respawns, radios in about the incident, and proceeds to return in their vehicle.

Example
A gang of thieves are robbing the bank. Police enter and one of the gang members is killed by standing too far out in the open. This member proceeds to get their vehicle and return to the bank and continue shooting at the officers.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP refers to the natural fear somebody would have in a real-life situation if an event happened. For example: pointing a gun at someone will make them fear for their lives, therefore in a roleplay situation this must be acted out as such.

Example
A person has just run away from a shooting crime scene with no gun out, a police officer comes up to them with a pistol drawn and alerts them to put their hands up. The person then proceeds to take out a weapon and shoot the officer.

Example
A police sergeant is being taken hostage by a group of thieves. They all have their guns pointed at the officer, the police officer proceeds to take out their weapon and being shooting the thieves.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

Homophobia refers to acts of hate speech against homosexual people.

Example
A police officer has just arrested a man. The man is slightly uncooperative as he is brought to the PD. The officer proceeds to use the f-slur against the man as a form of disrespect.

Example
A thief gets shot by a group of terrorists basing in an apartment. As the thief dies, they yell the f-slur at the people in the base.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Racism is hate speech against someone due to their race.

Example
A police officer arrests someone and they are non-compliant. The person proceeds to run from the officer, the offer yells the n-word while telling the person to "stop running"

Example
A terrorist is about to bomb the shopping mall, as he runs up to detonate the bomb, he screams the n-word to the passers by.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would begin by checking the logs. We have access to advert logs so we can check to see if someone has adverted. I would then bring the reported user up to the sit and question them on the incident. In the case which they admit to advert'ing after stealing the vehicle, I would provide a verbal warning for this part of the sit. I would then move onto the fact that it was an NHS vehicle they stole which is not permitted in the rules. I would then warn them for this and advise them to not do it again.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would check the legitimacy of the claim that he was raiding PD by checking advert logs and damage logs. Using these, I can get a good indication of the events that happened in PD and have an idea if officers were shooting at him/he was shooting at them to gauge the situation. If it turned out to be a lie, that would be Mass RDM which warrants a ban. If it turned out to be the truth, I would inform Joe to keep an eye on the adverts and to stay alert on PD radio for crimes that are taking place.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

This sit would end up becoming 2 separate issues. Firstly, Joe has built his base on the street as a drug dealer which is not allowed. Secondly, William has failed to advert and would be warned as such. Thirdly, William has broken NLR by returning after being killed and he would be warned as such. I would then get Joe refunded for the drugs he has lost - to restore the roleplay situation they had before the incident.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Bombing at a PD event such as a meeting is not tolerated. I would take Joe into a sit and explain to him that he must not execute a bombing during departmental meetings. This would be a serious warning on Joe's part to ensure if it was to happen again, another staff member would be able to notice that and take appropriate action. I would check that William is satisfied with the punishment provided.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I should be chosen over other applicants firstly due to my experience. I worked as a staff member on Riverside back in 2019, I sadly had to leave due to a prolonged essential LOA. I have gained knowledge in Riverside's policies, handling situations, and have had firsthand experience as a staff member. I also have experience working as a higher up on Riverside as I am currently the Director General for the NCA which displays both my maturity and professionalism which I proudly carry into every position I am allocated. I have learned to manage my temper and ensure that I can remain calm in situations in which I am placed in order to come to a satisfactory resolution for both parties, but also to be able to act fast on major rule breaks in-game such as Mass RDM.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

If another staff member was online, I would message them or even call them to the sit. If not, discord is a very useful resource in order to ask questions or contact others in the staff team and I would proceed as such. I'm not afraid to double-check a rule or admit I am wrong, and I am more than willing to learn from my mistakes and ensure a better overall QOL for members on the server.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

I worked on Riverside as I have stated above, but that is not the extent of my experience. I have also owned multiple DarkRP servers in which leadership and maturity has been vital in order to run my own staff department. I have also worked at a few major (former) DarkRP servers over the years such as Prism, Emerald, etc. All of this gathered experience has further advanced my skills in management, leadership, teamwork and ensuring maturity is maintained in all situations.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

Teamwork
I am extremely experienced in working with a team of staff members and enjoy being able to assist each other and help give feedback on how to improve in certain situations. This is extremely important on community-oriented servers like Riverside which rely on their members to run different government departments and the staff team. Teamwork is quintessential in a staff community and I believe I am a greatly experienced candidate in this field.

Maturity
Through my vast experience working on other servers, as well as Riverside itself. I have learned that a key component of being a part of a team of staff, is maturity. Everyone is going to make mistakes, everyone is going to get angry sometimes, but it only takes one person to reduce the heat of a situation and come to a solution that is fair and just to both sides. I bring this strength to the table through my immense experience throughout over 2,000 hours on Garry's Mod (the majority spent on DarkRP servers).

No Bias
In every situation I encounter, I will engage with a neutral attitude. I will listen attentively to both sides of an argument to come to a fair resolution. Through working on different servers, I have seen some people put their friend's side in favour of other sides. I bring a neutral and balanced attitude to Riverside, along with the want to listen and understand to better defuse the situation.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

Speaking Fast
I tend to sometimes speed up my voice a bit, but since becoming DIRGEN of the NCA I have been working on slowing down my speaking and toning my voice properly to properly execute radio commands and NCA meetings.

Tendency to procrastinate
I'm not sure how this would directly impact my staff role, but I know with regards to school work I generally tend to procrastinate and leave things until the last second.

Repeated Wrongdoings
From my experience, in the majority of situations, I can calm the heat of a situation pretty fast. If someone decides to be rude and outgoing towards me, and completely disrespectful, sometimes I can become slightly annoyed with this person. Now, not to the point where I would say anything back, but it just might just make me take a few minutes after to ensure that it won't impact my judgement in my next sit.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I have recently rejoined Garry's Mod after being notified of the reopening of Riverside. I would love to continue on the path of the staff team which I was previously following before my prolonged LOA. I am already familiar with the rules and regulations and can get to work with minimal mistakes.

Have you received any help when creating this application?

No

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes

Last edited:

Nano

Ex. Staff Manager
Accepted, please contact me to arrange an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom