Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Neuro's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Member Requirements:

- Must have played Riverside for at least two weeks. ✅
- Cannot staff another server (conflict of interest). ✅
- Access to Discord.✅
- A working microphone. ✅
- Clear understanding of the rules. ✅

Other rules:
- Do not copy your application from a previously written one. ✅
- Do not mention other communities by name. ✅
- Style your application so it is easy to read. ✅
- If your application is denied you may re-apply in one week. ✅

Do not advertise your application in any way! This includes sending the application to members of the community and/or staff and sending links in the server chat.

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Neuro
1.2 How old are you? 14
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Played a bit a long time ago then came back in april.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes.
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:227812513
1.7 References (if any)? Alex ( LM LT ALEX#0001 )

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
  • Definition - RDM stands for Random Death Match and this is when you kill someone without any reason or advert.
  • Example 1 - Billy runs to Leeroy who is afk in spawn and decides to stab him to death. ( Billy has broken the rule of RDM by killing leeroy in spawn which is a no rp zone even if he did advert. )
  • Example 2 - Joe ran into pd and stabbed PCSO Billy 3021 to death for no reason then ran away. ( Joe has now broken the rule of RDM by randomly stabbing Billy to death without adverting. )

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
  • Definition - NLR stands for New Life Rule which means you can't go back to the same location / situation for 5 minutes and you cannot join the same situation you died in.
  • Example 1 - John raided the bank and was shot and killed by a Police Constable, John decided he didn't want to lose all them money bags and he came back and stabbed the Police Constable in the back and took the bags to sell them. ( John has broken the rule of NLR and RDM because in his new life he had no reason to kill the officer )
  • Example 2 - Alex mugged Tommy and adverted but tommy didn't comply so alex killed him, Tommy wanted to get revenge on alex and ran over there with a gun threatening to kill Alex less than 5 minutes later. ( Tommy broke NLR in this situation. )

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
  • Definition - FearRP is when someone does not comply with 2 or more armed peoples commands.
  • Example 1 - Alex & John ran both pointed their MK18's at Tommy and told tommy to put his hands up, Tommy then decided to pull out a gun and shoot John dead but got killed by Alex. ( Tommy broke FearRP in this situation as he was outnumbered and should've followed their commands. )
  • Example 2 - A group of 4 SCO19 yelled at John to put his hands up but john decided to get into his car and drive off resulting in SCO19 to shoot his tires out and arresting him with physical strength. ( John broke FearRP in this situation as he was outnumbered and shouldn't have fled but complied with SCO19's commands. )

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
  • Definition - Homophobia is when you act negatively / mistreat a group or individual because there part of the LGBTQ+ Community.
  • Example 1 - Tommy called John a "Gay cunt" and killed him just because John is gay. ( This is Discrimination and RDM so Tommy would be banned for discrimination and warned for RDM )
  • Example 2 - John threatens to kill tommy in real life just because he is gay. ( This is unacceptable and John would be banned permanently for death threats. )

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
  • Definition - Racism is when you act negatively to a group or individual for their race/culture.
  • Example 1 - John started calling Tommy the N-Word because he knew Tommy is black. ( John would be banned for discrimination. )
  • Example 2 - Tommy started to RDM and Target John because John is Chinese. ( Tommy would be warned for Targeting and RDM along with a ban for discrimination. )

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
To resolve this I would bring them both to a sit and tell William that he is not allowed to steal NHS Vehicles and I would check if he has had past warns for this, If he hasn't I would give him a verbal warning and get him to return the car to Joe but on the other hand if he has done it in the past I would warn him for "B15) Crimes against NHS" and also get him to return the car.​

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would tell joe that there was a PD Raid and he didn't assist nor was teamed with william so william had full rights to shoot him.​

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would warn joe for Not Building on his property and warn william for FTA, NLR and RDM, then I would also get William to return the money that he received from selling the drugs and if he doesn't get a higher staff member to take the money forcefully.​

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
As the pd meeting has just been adverted I would bring joe to a sit and tell him that he's not allowed to do any bombings before a PD meeting, therefore I would warn him for "MRDM | Bombing during PD Meeting" and would tell him that if he is seen doing it again he will be banned for the mass rdm. After, I would inform other staff of what happened so if he did it again he will be fully punished.​

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I'm very active and love playing the server but recently have seen sit times be a bit longer and little to no staff online during peak hours (30-50 players) and I know during these times I would love to be a staff member on duty helping make people in the community's day better with a almost instant response time. However I was staff before and got removed and I know that would make it harder for me to join the staff team again so I want to redeem myself and If that means a longer Trial period or more mentoring then I would be very happy with that since I really want to be staff.​

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would contact any other staff online and if none are available through discord or ingame I would deal with the situation the best I can and hold any punishments unless absolutely necessary.​

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Used to staff on servers a long time ago.​

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
  1. Active
  2. Not Biased
  3. Professional ( I will stay as professional on duty and off duty as I can. )

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
  1. School
  2. Squeaky Voice
  3. N/A

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to be staff because I have nothing else to do In my life and love playing on riverside, Some time I see little to no staff on duty with lots of players online with response times of over 5 - 1`0 minutes thats why before when I was staff I tried to take every sit as fast as I could and make sure people got punishments they deserved, I want to try again and be as serious as I can and be a good addition to the staff team.​

Have you received any help when creating this application? No help received.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes I do.

- Must have played Riverside for at least two weeks. ✅
- Cannot staff another server (conflict of interest). ✅
- Access to Discord.✅
- A working microphone. ✅
- Clear understanding of the rules. ✅

Other rules:
- Do not copy your application from a previously written one. ✅
- Do not mention other communities by name. ✅
- Style your application so it is easy to read. ✅
- If your application is denied you may re-apply in one week. ✅

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Neuro
1.2 How old are you? 14
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Played a bit a long time ago then came back in april.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes.
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:227812513
1.7 References (if any)? Alex ( LM LT ALEX#0001 )

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
  • Definition - RDM stands for Random Death Match and this is when you kill someone without any reason or advert.
  • Example 1 - Billy runs to Leeroy who is afk in spawn and decides to stab him to death. ( Billy has broken the rule of RDM by killing leeroy in spawn which is a no rp zone even if he did advert. )
  • Example 2 - Joe ran into pd and stabbed PCSO Billy 3021 to death for no reason then ran away. ( Joe has now broken the rule of RDM by randomly stabbing Billy to death without adverting. )

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
  • Definition - NLR stands for New Life Rule which means you can't go back to the same location / situation for 5 minutes and you cannot join the same situation you died in.
  • Example 1 - John raided the bank and was shot and killed by a Police Constable, John decided he didn't want to lose all them money bags and he came back and stabbed the Police Constable in the back and took the bags to sell them. ( John has broken the rule of NLR and RDM because in his new life he had no reason to kill the officer )
  • Example 2 - Alex mugged Tommy and adverted but tommy didn't comply so alex killed him, Tommy wanted to get revenge on alex and ran over there with a gun threatening to kill Alex less than 5 minutes later. ( Tommy broke NLR in this situation. )

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
  • Definition - FearRP is when someone does not comply with 2 or more armed peoples commands.
  • Example 1 - Alex & John ran both pointed their MK18's at Tommy and told tommy to put his hands up, Tommy then decided to pull out a gun and shoot John dead but got killed by Alex. ( Tommy broke FearRP in this situation as he was outnumbered and should've followed their commands. )
  • Example 2 - A group of 4 SCO19 yelled at John to put his hands up but john decided to get into his car and drive off resulting in SCO19 to shoot his tires out and arresting him with physical strength. ( John broke FearRP in this situation as he was outnumbered and shouldn't have fled but complied with SCO19's commands. )

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
  • Definition - Homophobia is when you act negatively / mistreat a group or individual because there part of the LGBTQ+ Community.
  • Example 1 - Tommy called John a "Gay cunt" and killed him just because John is gay. ( This is Discrimination and RDM so Tommy would be banned for discrimination and warned for RDM )
  • Example 2 - John threatens to kill tommy in real life just because he is gay. ( This is unacceptable and John would be banned permanently for death threats. )

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
  • Definition - Racism is when you act negatively to a group or individual for their race/culture.
  • Example 1 - John started calling Tommy the N-Word because he knew Tommy is black. ( John would be banned for discrimination. )
  • Example 2 - Tommy started to RDM and Target John because John is Chinese. ( Tommy would be warned for Targeting and RDM along with a ban for discrimination. )

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
To resolve this I would bring them both to a sit and tell William that he is not allowed to steal NHS Vehicles and I would check if he has had past warns for this, If he hasn't I would give him a verbal warning and get him to return the car to Joe but on the other hand if he has done it in the past I would warn him for "B15) Crimes against NHS" and also get him to return the car.​

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would tell joe that there was a PD Raid and he didn't assist nor was teamed with william so william had full rights to shoot him.​

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would warn joe for Not Building on his property and warn william for FTA, NLR and RDM, then I would also get William to return the money that he received from selling the drugs and if he doesn't get a higher staff member to take the money forcefully.​

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
As the pd meeting has just been adverted I would bring joe to a sit and tell him that he's not allowed to do any bombings before a PD meeting, therefore I would warn him for "MRDM | Bombing during PD Meeting" and would tell him that if he is seen doing it again he will be banned for the mass rdm. After, I would inform other staff of what happened so if he did it again he will be fully punished.​

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I'm very active and love playing the server but recently have seen sit times be a bit longer and little to no staff online during peak hours (30-50 players) and I know during these times I would love to be a staff member on duty helping make people in the community's day better with a almost instant response time. However I was staff before and got removed and I know that would make it harder for me to join the staff team again so I want to redeem myself and If that means a longer Trial period or more mentoring then I would be very happy with that since I really want to be staff.​

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would contact any other staff online and if none are available through discord or ingame I would deal with the situation the best I can and hold any punishments unless absolutely necessary.​

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Used to staff on servers a long time ago.​

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
  1. Active
  2. Not Biased
  3. Professional ( I will stay as professional on duty and off duty as I can. )

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
  1. School
  2. Squeaky Voice
  3. N/A

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to be staff because I have nothing else to do In my life and love playing on riverside, Some time I see little to no staff on duty with lots of players online with response times of over 5 - 1`0 minutes thats why before when I was staff I tried to take every sit as fast as I could and make sure people got punishments they deserved, I want to try again and be as serious as I can and be a good addition to the staff team.​

Have you received any help when creating this application? No help received.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes I do.
-1 'Abused your powers' in the past.

tried to mass rdm the SCO Tryouts
Yes I have had some bad moments I do admit but I do really want to redeem myself and be a great active staff member that is the reason why I applied.

-1 'Abused your powers' in the past.
However I was staff before and got removed and I know that would make it harder for me to join the staff team again so I want to redeem myself and If that means a longer Trial period or more mentoring then I would be very happy with that since I really want to be staff.
I feel like I am ready to be a good staff member and want one more chance since the past is the past and I can't change that but what I can do is try to change the future that's why I am here making an application and hoping for the best.

+1 Never had issues with you in game and you seem to know the rules. However if you have abused power it is abit worrying i never saw you do it

Huge -1;

You have lack of rule knowledge, When I explain the rules to you or tell you to stop doing something. You then try to find a way out of it, when in theory you're digging yourself a bigger situation. Secondly, You have no patience. I believe you should work on your flaws before you're given a shot within the staff team again.

how do we know you won’t abuse your powers again when you get angry or frustrated

D

Deleted member 372

-1, what Jordz said above is facts, I do not think you're suitable for staff.

Huge -1;

You have lack of rule knowledge, When I explain the rules to you or tell you to stop doing something. You then try to find a way out of it, when in theory you're digging yourself a bigger situation. Secondly, You have no patience. I believe you should work on your flaws before you're given a shot within the staff team again.
I don't have a lack of rule knowledge and if your talking about my friend "Micspamming" yesterday he was only playing music on my car and didn't bother anyone but for some reason you had a problem with it even though you were staff on duty and shouldn't have been following us but really taking sits. About you saying I have no patience, where have you gotten that from any examples?

-1, what Jordz said above is facts, I do not think you're suitable for staff.
I'm sorry you feel that way but if I do get staff I promise to be the best I can on the staff team and as I've said in my application I don't mind being on a longer trial period or even mentored for longer I really want to be staff on riverside and I hope I can change the impression of me that you have.

I don't have a lack of rule knowledge and if your talking about my friend "Micspamming" yesterday he was only playing music on my car and didn't bother anyone but for some reason you had a problem with it even though you were staff on duty and shouldn't have been following us but really taking sits. About you saying I have no patience, where have you gotten that from any examples?
1. Playing music is mic spamming 2. Staff are meant to monitor things like this 3. Sits are rarer than you think
In all honesty you are getting extremely negative feedback + this is a demonstration of what Jordz said, I hate to do it but -1.

You’re a nice guy and all however at times temperamental and easily annoyed which people can use it against you when dealing with sits. Also due to the evidence given before I’ll have to give you a: -1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom