Welcome to Riverside Roleplay!

Join us today!

SignUp Now!

Pending Enable vehicle to pedestrian damage

BullyHunter

People would find a way to use this as an excuse to kill someone in an innocent way and would probably get away with it because most people do not have recordings of it happening

Adolf Gutenberg

PoliceRP Staff

People would find a way to use this as an excuse to kill someone in an innocent way and would probably get away with it because most people do not have recordings of it happening
That's why it would have to be regulated by staff strictly and have a harsher punishment.

generic

I'm staying neutral because I do think it's a good idea but loads of people would get warned for rdm but it also means people will be more cautious when driving and people will pull over too let police pass. Also, the problem would be when the server lags which has been happening over the past few days then people easily lose control but it does mean people can RP car crashes.

BullyHunter

I'm staying neutral because I do think it's a good idea but loads of people would get warned for rdm and when in a police chase you have to speed up and the thing is the X5's are hard to control when trying to pursue someone but it also means people will be more cautious when driving and people will pull over too let police pass
In police pursuits you're in cars... and cars go on the road so if u run someone over cause they dont hear sirens then tough titties, they're gonna die

Gatesway

Staff Supervisor
Forums Manager
Management Team
Superadmin
PoliceRP Staff
Jailbreak Staff
+1 but what is CDM? is it not VDM?
It's the same.

CDM = Car Deathmatch
VDM = Vehicle Deathmatch

Either would be good.

Meatshield

The thing is then PD + SCO19 + Padp would then have to go under investigation for scenes they pull up on as most drift in that almost will run about 4- 3 people over also on that proper blue light response would have to be taught to the divers e.g 30 mph through intersections and spike-strip units would also have to be in hard cover I do believe this would be a good suggestion however make it like 30MPH+ kills you and under that damages you. +1

fzn

Community Co-Owner
Senior Management Team
Superadmin
I like the idea but it wont work. It will just add unnecessary bureaucracy and rules to something that isn't really required. It will make life harder for staff to enforce these things.

Gatesway

Staff Supervisor
Forums Manager
Management Team
Superadmin
PoliceRP Staff
Jailbreak Staff
I like the idea but it wont work. It will just add unnecessary bureaucracy and rules to something that isn't really required. It will make life harder for staff to enforce these things.
I understand where you're coming from, I see it this way: vehicles are not supposed to be on the pavement and pedestrians are not supposed to be on the road. Accidents are bound to happen and it's everyone's responsibility to ensure casualties do not occur. If any driver is seen purposely (attempting to) hit pedestrians staff will get involved.

Jabbers

Community Owner
Senior Management Team
Superadmin
I don't think this would work well....it would allow literally any player to commit Mass RDM.

If we made cars harder to get though this could be a possibility

I don't think this would work well....it would allow literally any player to commit Mass RDM.

If we made cars harder to get though this could be a possibility
As stated by the previous comment, making cars harder to get on our big map would hurt people. They would be hard pressed to go outside center area, let alone the outskirts of the city. Now people do not travel a lot and with the introduction of this change, they would even less.

Not to mention also that it would remove the need of police vehicles if people can not get them in the first place.

Maybe if we made it a ticket-able offense to cross the street like that, and repeating offenders going to jail. Maybe this could reduce the number of people litterally camping on the road? This would also create RP for officers alike.

Jabbers

Community Owner
Senior Management Team
Superadmin
As stated by the previous comment, making cars harder to get on our big map would hurt people. They would be hard pressed to go outside center area, let alone the outskirts of the city. Now people do not travel a lot and with the introduction of this change, they would even less.

Not to mention also that it would remove the need of police vehicles if people can not get them in the first place.

Maybe if we made it a ticket-able offense to cross the street like that, and repeating offenders going to jail. Maybe this could reduce the number of people litterally camping on the road? This would also create RP for officers alike.
I wasn't necessarily talking about the current map. This could be introduced on map change.

Top Bottom