Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Mattle unban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: MBH=TT
steamid: STEAM_0:1:449573559
Date of ban: 09/03/2021
Member of staff: pannet
Ban reason: racism 1615314774781.png
why unban me? : firstly wasn't aware anyone was around and saying the word i said cannot be racist considering my ethnicity.

You ran up to me when i switched jobs on to SOD, said "fuck you n****r" then ran off.

https://gyazo.com/e66674dfb33fcdf59c3a7993f639ea72 Here you say you weren't aware anyone was around you however you were in spawn surrounded by people and consciously made the decision to press your push to talk button and say it. Why would you do that if you thought no one would be able to hear?

Pannet i was out of spawn in an area with no one? also can you enlight me into how what I said was racist considering my ethnicity...

pat

Discord Manager
It doesn't matter what ethnicity you are, you're still not really meant to say it...?

Attachments

• 1615318567854.png
    1615318567854.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 4
I have freedom of speech? I am allowed to say it white people cannot say it...

Pannet i was out of spawn in an area with no one? also can you enlight me into how what I said was racist considering my ethnicity...
Now you're just lying, I have looked in logs and they show me going to ban you in less than a minute of spawning, after I had dragged you up to the top of courthouse and explained the problem. See screenshot bellow.

also while being outside spawn and being dragged back in isnt worthy of a 2 week ban, maximum of a kick seems a bit much especially when im not in the wrong with saying it...

yes pannet i can get out of spawn in a minute...
Maybe but it would be very hard for me to drag you up to court, explain what happened then go to ban you in a minute if you were not in spawn.

i was around spawn mate not in it i can walk out of chat proxim in 5 seconds i was on the road by main street with no one near me

Knowing mattle personally I can vouch his ethnicity, however I do not agree with what he said. He should have read the rules before playing, as this was his first time on the server. After talking to him after he got banned, he is now aware that he can not say it under any circumstances. However, it is up to the banning staff member on the outcome of this appeal, I just thought my opinion on this might be somewhat helpful.

I have freedom of speech? I am allowed to say it white people cannot say it...
This isn't a country, your speech is actually quite regulated in the server. This ranges from the discrimination rule all the way to forcing you to advert when you raid something. As far as discrimination, in the united kingdom (where the server is based) it is illegal to discriminate against anyone because of their race, independent of your own race. See below for UK Legistation where this discrimination rule if proberbly sourced from.
1615322222281.png

lovely to see your into your politics however i am saying a word that i am more than viable to say so i dont believe this is valid as a black person can say to me n***a and it is fine however someone who is not black it would be deemed racist

I understand this, however, this is online. Admins have no way of telling which ethnicity you are, as when your online you basically become faceless. Our rules have to encompass everyone, or loads of kids would just run around screaming the N-word and just say their black. Say it in real life as much as you want but we are basically forced to enforce these type of rules so people don't be racist. I never denied your right to say the N-Word I was merely correcting that freedom of speech isn't found ANYWHERE in the world.

I understand your concerns, but I believe now you are aware of my ethnicity there can be less action taken by maybe reducing the ban or at least a verbal warning

pat

Discord Manager
Accepted, but you have to understand that you can't just say the n word because of your ethnicity, it is our rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom