Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Gazz unban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Gazz
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:623433893
Date of ban issue: 28/11/2021
Member of staff: Harry
Ban reason: Scamming (Attached)
Why should we unban you: Was in an RP situation doing a hostage negotiation with a lot of people assisting, took the cash and big maccies for the lads but was unhappy with the negotiator and a group decision was made to kill him, then Harry floats in and accuses me of scamming at which point I offered to return the money there and then as it was only 25k and cash is not the important factor to which Harry replied: I don't care you're getting banned for 7 days.
Capture.PNG

Hi Gazz,

You were clearly banned for breaking the rules. Following from a discussion between myself and Bugzzy, it was right to ban you as the negotiator had followed your demands for the hostage to be released. It's not simple enough for you to have the ability to kill the negotiator and leading it to the hostage being killed as you were 'unhappy with the negotiator.' I believe this factor can be fought against as, from what I can recall with speaking to the negotiator:
  • Bugzzy had never been threatening, disrespectful or rude in any way shape or form;
  • Bugzzy had met your demands by providing you 10 burgers & £25,000 - for the hostage to be released I assume;
    • Yet you still decided to kill the negotiator whilst they were awaiting for the hostage to be released.
  • You had shown a very critical, demeaning and rude attitude during the negotiations, yet Bugzzy still proceeded with them to ensure the safe carriage of the hostage.
This situation can be regarded as scamming, as Bugzzy had used a form of currency & burgers to pay for the hostage to be released, and whilst you were going to give them back to Bugzzy, from what I can recall in regards to our staffing policy when the Scamming rule is breached, it is a 7 day ban even if the items are returned.

I accept I broke the rules by taking the money, though at the time I assumed giving it back would be fine as I had no intention to "scam" anyone. As for a "critical, demeaning and rude attitude" I assumed this was a RP server is it not? I was very obviously putting on a show for the hostage negotiation and every single person involved was enjoying themselves.

As anyone who knows me will backup, I am not a "critical, demeaning and rude" person, I just enjoy the RP scenarios and think a 7 day ban for something so minor is ludicrous.

I have very clearly misinterpreted the rules. Had I known it was a 7 day ban for something so minor I wouldn't have done it, I am sorry for breaking the rule but this is a bit extreme isn't it?

Rules are rules! Follow them and you won't necessarily need to be punished.

(I also believe your attitude and conduct is relevant to this ban appeal as I'm assuming that you 'were not happy with the negotiator' because of his attitude? Whilst as far as I'm aware Bugzzy had been calm and cool during the negotiations, which makes your decision making at the time irrational and against the rules).

Oh lordy lord I'll never steal burgers again. I've renounced my Hamburgler ways, never again will I be tempted to swipe a big mac, never shall I swindle a whopper. I'm a changed man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom