Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Toast Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Toast
1.2 How old are you? 17
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? I started 2019 and took along pause from the gmod and the server and got back after the new riverside.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yeah
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:108813860

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
EX1: Bob randomly killed a player without any reason. The player was afk and didn't pose any life danger threats to Bob.
EX2: Bob starts punching a person to death because the person told bob he is ugly.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
EX1: Bob is a cop and he got killed in pd raid. But he got killed. He got angry and decided to go back and kill the person who killed him.
EX2: Bob got mugged by a person but didn't comply with the person mugging him. So the person shoot bob to death. Bob comes back and starts arguing with the person who killed him.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
EX1: Bob is driving from the police and then he hits a wall and his car exploded. 5 Armed cops gets out and starts aiming at bob and tells him to put his hands up. Bob decides to continue running and ignore the cops aiming at him.
EX2: Bob gets kidnapped by some terrorists. The terrorists has guns and is aiming at bob. Bob decides to not comply and try to resist.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
It is people who dislikes gay/homosexual people and gives them another human value.
EX1: Bob is telling his friend Carl that he hates homosexual people and that he will kill homosexuals.
EX2: Bob is a gun dealer and noticed that James is homosexual and decides to not sell guns to him becuase his homosexual.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
People that give other people a lower value for being another race.
EX1: Bob gets killed and decides to go back and scream the N word to the guy who killed him.
EX2: Bob is saying that black people is just garbage.
(This is just for the application and I didn't mean what I said. ^^)

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I will teleport to Joe and then bring him to a roof. I will ask Joe what happend and if he has any proof. I will check logs and see that WIlliam didn't advert the carjack. I will bring William and then ask him to tell me what happend. William admits to stealing an NHS members vehicle. I will tell William what he did wrong and what to do in future situations . I will also remind William to read the rules. I will then warn William for FTA and for stealing and goverment vehicle. Then if Joe or William doesn't have any questions I will end the sit and then return them both.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I will bring Joe and ask him to tell what happend and then ask for any proof/evidence. I will then check the logs. I will after checking the logs bring William and ask what happend. He tells me his side of the story. I will check the logs and will see that William was doing a pd raid. Joe also said he was close to the pd. I will then return william so he can continue with his pd raid. I will then tell Joe what happend and how he didn't break any rules. Then if Joe doesn't have anything more to add I will return him and end the sit.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I will bring them and ask them what happend and if any of them has any video recordings. I can later see that they both broke the rules. I will then tell them how they broke the rules and how to prevent it. I will also remind them to read the rules and then ask if they have any questions. I will then warn Joe for Builing on the sidewalk as a drug dealer and then warn william for breaking NLR, RDM, FTA.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I will bring Joe and check the logs and then I will tell him what he did wrong and what is going to happend. I will then get someone to ban him for MRDM.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I have staff experience and I can also be on everyday around 4-6 hours. I am very clear about stuff and I will get everyone to tell their side and talk to end without any interuptions. I also like to adminstrate servers. I will also not just warn people. I will also help them to understand why and how to prevent it happening again. I can nearly be up for more then 12 hours on weekends as I am playing too much. I am a guy with humor but of course takes sits and rule breaking on riverside seriously. I also know a few people in riverside. I will also not only listen to my friend because he is my friend. I will take care of new players and make sure they get treated as everyone else. I can also handle stress and panic situations where there is many people breaking the rules and complete chaos. I will take it camly and get everyone calmed down and talk to them when they are calm. I don't know what to say more but I can promise you that I will give all I can if I get accepted and support the riverside staff team.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would ask for assistant by either somone the same rank or someone higher up. If I am not sure I could also check the rules or if there is any staff handbook I will check it and see how the situation went.
3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
I can handle stress.
I am a good listener.
I take all people as equal and doesn't make anyone else more worth for their age or how well I know them and stuff.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
I can get mind lost sometimes and doesn't know what I am doing.
I could misunderstand situations easily. But then I should get it correct if they just say it again.
I am quite slow taking sits as I want evryone to understand and know what they did and how to prevent it.
3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to help the current staff team to take sits so everyone can get help fast as people might forget their sits if they stand there for a long time. That could make so someone just got away breaking the rules and sabotaged someones server experience. I want to make riverside a good community so everyone knows that they have great staff and you always get help whatever the issue is. I also like rp on the server so I don't want it to be sabotaged/ruined. I think it is also fun talking to people and getting to know the players on riverside and how they act. I have also been staff before and I enjoyed it. I also think it is important that all staff do their job right and explains and are clear to the player. I have seen some staffs being unclear and misunderstandings. I would like to prevent it so all players know exactly what happend and stuff.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

+1
Active on the server, haven't seen you been dealt with by any staff members nor have had I to deal with you myself, you would be a good fit for staff in my opinion

-1 - My interactions with this individual have been less than friendly. As funny as he is, he likes to cause trouble and annoy others for the sake of entertainment for his peers & himself. Great staff application, just from my experiences with him in-game, he isn't so wonderful.

-1 - My interactions with this individual have been less than friendly. As funny as he is, he likes to cause trouble and annoy others for the sake of entertainment for his peers & himself. Great staff application, just from my experiences with him in-game, he isn't so wonderful.
thank you for the feedback and im sorry that you think this as i have never had a one to one conversation with you

thank you for the feedback and im sorry that you think this as i have never had a one to one conversasion with you
It's alright, but being sound and friendly on a one to one is grand, doesn't deter from the fact that within a group, you tend to steer towards acting like a fool for the pleasure of your peers & yourself. Like running around and making monkey noises around me everywhere I walk with your friend, Greg, it's just childish and annoying.

It's alright, but being sound and friendly on a one to one is grand, doesn't deter from the fact that within a group, you tend to steer towards acting like a fool for the pleasure of your peers & yourself. Like running around and making monkey noises around me everywhere I walk with your friend, Greg, it's just childish and annoying.
if i was staff or even without i'd be more than happy to change my ways so i don't annoy people who play the server so they can enjoy and have the pleasure of the server like any other person

fzn

You've been around for a long fucking time and especially now on the new Riverside you don't get into useless confrontations with people (which is generally a hard thing to accomplish) and you generally seem to stick to the rules. All good conditions to join our staff.

if i was staff or even without i'd be more than happy to change my ways so i don't annoy people who play the server so they can enjoy and have the pleasure of the server like any other person
+1 If that's the case

Jon

+1 guys been around here longer than most the player base, active doesn't argue for no reason, good fit!

+1
You're a very active person in-game, and you would be a great addition to the staff team. I've never had any incidents with you too.

+1 Good guy toast, never saw him break a rule, good guy, played in the old days, not minge +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

Lmfao ???

+1 seems to be loved by the community, a little horseplay is no harm done. Hope to see you in a sit someday

+1

Nice lad and application is very decent and informative, Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom