Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Gman's Second Attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BEFORE YOU READ:

Thank you for reading this application, I put work and effort into this, and I appreciate you reading this. Please give me your total unbiased opinion.

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
GMAN
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
About 9-11 months now, Can't remember.
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes.
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:556597451
1.7 What is your Discord?
thatgmanguy
1.8 References (if any)?
gifyy and your mum.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM is short for Random Deathmatch. It's definition is to murder/kill a person without any reason.

Eg.1: Joe murders Alfred for following him. ( Joe did not advert anything )

Eg.2: Alfred murders Joe for asking him some questions.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

NLR is short for New Life Rule. It is based on the fact that when you die, you lose all your memories and can not return to the place of your death for some time.

Eg.1: YourMum murders Gifyy during a crate raid. Gifyy proceeds to instantly comeback after spawning a car and getting a weapon and proceeds to murder YourMum.

Eg.2: Dale murders King for raiding his base, then King proceeds to instantly come back to Dale's base after restocking on weapons, shield and heath and proceeds to kill Dale.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP is based on the fact that when you are being threatened/mugged/kidnapped by a group of 2+ people while you are alone, you can not pull out a weapon to counter them.

Eg.1: Jakey and Vixcon attempt to mug Kev with guns, which Kev responds to by pulling out his own gun and kills them both.

Eg:2: Vixcon and Kev advert to stop Jakey from following them and after 2 warnings, they begin to pull their guns out. Jakey then proceeds to pull out a minigun and kill them both.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

Homophobia is discrimination against a sexuality.

Eg.1: Dave calls Mole the F-Slur because Mole killed him.

Eg.2: Mole kills Dave because " he is gay so i dont like him ".

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Racism is discrimination against a race.

Eg.1: Dave calls Mole a "Terrorist" for being Arab.

Eg.2: Mole calls Dave a "Cr*cker" for being white.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I will be taking this in two different approaches. Approach 1: the NHS vehicle is Joe's. Approach 2: The NHS member's vehicle is not for Joe.

Approach 1: I would tell Joe that he did advert carjack, but stole his NHS vehicle which does not abide by the rules and breaks the rule " Crimes against NHS ". I would then teleport to William and warn him for Crimes Against NHS. I would then return the vehicle to Joe.

Approach 2: I would tell Joe that I would deal with it and that he adverted carjack, but stealing an NHS car is not allowed. And then I would tell Joe that he can continue to roleplay. I would then teleport to William and get him out of the car and warn him for Crimes Against NHS. I would then return the vehicle to the rightful owner.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I will take this in three different approaches. Approach 1: William did not advert. Approach 2: William did advert.

Approach 1: I would first take Joe on top of courthouse ( or any other safe place ), then I would ask them what happened and bring William. I would see if William adverted PD Raid or not ( They did ) . I would then check the location of Joe's death, if it is outside/ not near the PD, William would be warned for RDM. If it was inside the PD, William would not be given a punishment, but I would teach/lecture Joe about the rule.

Approach 2: I would first take Joe on top of courthouse ( or any other safe place ), then I would ask them what happened and bring William. I would see if William adverted PD Raid or not. ( They did not ). I would then check the amount of people William has killed, I would then ban William for MRDM and Lying to staff members.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first take Joe on top of courthouse ( or any other safe place ), then I would ask them what happened and then bring William. I would then check logs, and see that Joe has a base on the sidewalk, and William broke NLR and FTA x2. I would Warn & Jail Joe for having a base on the sidewalk and I would Warn & Jail William for NLR and FTAx2.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first check how many people Joe killed. I would then tell Joe he would be Warned & Jailed for some time for MRDM and for doing a major crime while a PD Raid is going on.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I think you should choose me because after careful consideration, I have decided that I would like to help the server and be overall more mature and helpful. I really don't like the report queues being long so that's another reason. I also want to help the server and make it more fun. I really have a special thing for moderating and helping people and I hope you can understand that being a moderator and helping others really helps me and makes me happy.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

I would first check the handbook ( if there is one ) and refer to it from there. If I can not find my answer, I would either:

Try and find a higher rank than me in-game. If there is none, I would go to the discord and ask there, but before I do all this I would check the staff handbook ( if there is one )

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

N/A. I am looking for experience here to help the server.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

First of all, I absolutely love moderating, I love helping people and dealing with rule breakers, Second of all, I can be very active, as most of the time I just sit around doing nothing so I could be really active for hours at a time. Third of all, I love helping others. It's something that I naturally love. It's something that I like and want to do. Lastly, I am a fast learner. I learn and memorize very fast.
3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

First of all, I take criticism harshly but I've learned to accept it. Second of all, I'm sort of immature, I can be mature but realistically, I'm young and kind of immature, but I hope you can take faith and trust in me to be a good and mature staff member. Third of all, I can be rude at times, which can make my reputation worse.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I want to be a staff member to help the server. I don't like queue times for reports taking too long, and I want to be more recognized as a person. I also want to get experience. I have some knowledge of most ULX Commands, but I will need a full introduction on what they do and how to use them properly in order to properly be a staff member.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

I have light anger issues, but online I mostly don't get too angry at people.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes.

Last edited:

Jon

+1 staff application has vastly improved, from the short time i was on the server before i was banned, he improved quite well and was very respectful and mature, i am excited to see this member of the community become a staff member! Not to mention after a few RP scenarios with him he does seem to understand the rules to a good extent.

+1
Very nice and chill to play riverside with
Nicely improved compared to your last one

Also
I don’t get how one of your weaknesses is that your a fast learner?

+1
Very nice and chill to play riverside with
Nicely improved compared to your last one

Also
I don’t get how one of your weaknesses is that your a fast learner?
Thank you for pointing that out, must've misread the question.

Overall +1
+1 Nice and improved application with decent details
-1 A bit young for staff (some people like to complain if your young)
+1 Nice guy and quite chill

King ET

Senior-Admin
Staff Member

Too immature for staff, just RDM me and adverted missclick.

Too immature for staff, just RDM me and adverted missclick.
I understand, but it was an actual mis-click. Sorry about that! Hope we can still have a good relationship between each other.

I personally dont think you're mature enough for the staff team.
Following my previous situations, I haven't seen you actually roleplay except standing in the road and purposely attempting to get hit.
Section C lacks detail in my opinon. Could be a bit longer

I personally dont think you're mature enough for the staff team.
Following my previous situations, I haven't seen you actually roleplay except standing in the road and purposely attempting to get hit.
Section C lacks detail in my opinon. Could be a bit longer
Thanks for the feedback. This event has either happened because:
I was afk.
I was trying to be killed. ( I'm clueless sometimes )
Anyways, Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
+1 Gman's potential as a valuable staff member at Riverside Roleplay is unmistakable. With a keen understanding of the intricacies of roleplaying environments and a passion for creating immersive experiences, Gman would undoubtedly elevate the quality of gameplay for all participants. Their exceptional communication skills foster a welcoming atmosphere, ensuring that players feel heard and understood. Gman's creativity knows no bounds, consistently devising captivating storylines and challenges that keep players engaged and invested. Furthermore, their approachable nature and willingness to assist others would make them an approachable point of contact for any concerns or inquiries. Gman's commitment to fairness and dedication to upholding the rules would help maintain a harmonious and enjoyable environment for all, making them a standout candidate for a staff role at Riverside Roleplay.

Neutral
+1 Very friendly, mature for his age, and committed to the server
-1 I have seen instances of slight minging, and your blacklist from PD shows that you can be unprofessional at times

Neutral
+1 Very friendly, mature for his age, and committed to the server
-1 I have seen instances of slight minging, and your blacklist from PD shows that you can be unprofessional at times
Thank you for the feedback! <3

+1 Gman's potential as a valuable staff member at Riverside Roleplay is unmistakable. With a keen understanding of the intricacies of roleplaying environments and a passion for creating immersive experiences, Gman would undoubtedly elevate the quality of gameplay for all participants. Their exceptional communication skills foster a welcoming atmosphere, ensuring that players feel heard and understood. Gman's creativity knows no bounds, consistently devising captivating storylines and challenges that keep players engaged and invested. Furthermore, their approachable nature and willingness to assist others would make them an approachable point of contact for any concerns or inquiries. Gman's commitment to fairness and dedication to upholding the rules would help maintain a harmonious and enjoyable environment for all, making them a standout candidate for a staff role at Riverside Roleplay.
Thanks for the feedback! <3

john fries

Neutral / -1

While most of the interactions I've had with you have been good. The interactions with other players haven't been the same. I've personally had to punish you, and a quick look at your punishment history shows that too. I think you're a great guy and have seen some great RP from you and hope to see you around the server!

Neutral / -1

While most of the interactions I've had with you have been good. The interactions with other players haven't been the same. I've personally had to punish you, and a quick look at your punishment history shows that too. I think you're a great guy and have seen some great RP from you and hope to see you around the server!
Thanks for the feedback, John! <3

jakey

Staff Manager
Forums Manager
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Graphics Designer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom