Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Good Ol' Clarkster Staff App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?

Clarkster
1.2 How old are you?
-
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
Roughly 8-9 months
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:148477303

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

Killing Someone without a valid RP reason

1.Rob danders out of spawn and kills Bob

2.Bob out of spawn and kills Rob (revenge).

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

returning to a situation without waiting the 5 minutes required.

1.Rob is doing a PD raid Bob runs in and dies and then proceeds to come back to the situation immediately and kills Rob.

2.Cpl Rob is responding to a bank raid situation he gets shot and killed by Bob, Rob proceeds to respawn and run back to the situation immediately.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP - when you hold someone at gunpoint where they should be fearing for their lives yet they pull a gun on you.

1.Bob adverts kidnapping whilst holding Rob at gunpoint and Rob proceeds to pull out a gun and kill Bob.

2.Rob adverts carjack and aims a gun at Bob, Bob then speeds off and in turn breaking the fearrp rule.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

Homophobia - the fear of homosexuals.

1.The use of the word F***ot

2.Calling someone a queer

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Racism - discrimination against someone simply because of their race -

1.the use of the n-word

2.the use of phrases such as “dirty fucking gook”

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly I would bring both players to a suitable sit location and I would listen carefully to both sides of the story, I would then explain to William that it is against server rules to steal NHS vehicles I would also explain to joe that William has indeed adverted carjack. I would then ask if there is anything else I can do to help and if not I would return both players to resume their RP.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly I would bring both players to a suitable sit location as to not ruin the immersion of other players and I would then listen to both sides of the story as to not be biased, I see that William has indeed adverted PD raid and if Joe is on a government job then all is well but if not and joe is indeed a citizen I would then have to warn William for ARDM as it was only shots fired and not a kill. I would then also have to check that the other 6 people were in fact government otherwise it would be MRDM and lead to a ban.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

As joe is on the drug dealer job he cannot base on the sidewalk, Joe has the right to kill William as he was inside his base, William has then Broken the NLR rule and then he has stolen Joe's drugs, I would warn William for RDM, FTA, and NLR.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

As the meeting has not started yet the bombing was in fact allowed and I would explain that to William in the politest way possible.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I believe that I should be chosen over other applicants as I am very dedicated to something once I put my mind to it. I thoroughly enjoy staffing and I have lots of free time so I will be able to put in a large number of hours. I am also unbias and I have proven this in my previous staffing experience, I try to be a friendly and approachable person so that no one feels uncomfortable whilst talking to me. I am also very professional
3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

Either contact a higher staff member or allow another member of staff to assist me throughout the sit.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

Yes, Riverside and Numerous other servers.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

Unbiased, friendly, dedicated.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

Focus too much on small details, Team Working, Punctuality.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I want to see the riverside community grow to what it once was before and I believe I can be a great help to that by being an approachable and friendly staff member and ensuring that everyone enjoys their time on the server and assisting others with any questions they may have. I would like to make sure we have a safe and enjoyable environment for all.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes

A: dunno who you are
B: you haven't put your age on this application, which leads me to believe that you're underage

fzn

Hi,
thank you for your interest in joining our staff team, however I have a couple of questions:
1. What Steam account do you use to play on Riverside? Neither your forums-linked account or the one you provided in your application have ever joined Riverside.
2. Why does your forums-linked account only have 14 hours and last played gmod in April of last year?

The clarkster who was previously staff also has an account who hasn't played since August of last year so I'd like some of my questions answered before we proceed with this application.

No clue who the lad is, never seen on, staff app missing a whole lot, doesn't seem to active.
Don't believe he'd be a good addition to the team.

Denied, please improve activity, become known in the community and provide your age if you are to apply again. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom