Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Jaf's Staff Application. (3rd attempt.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaf

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Jaf
1.2: How old are you? 14, almost 15.
1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? 6 Weeks, almost 7.
1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:11623547
1.7: What is your Discord? tuvh
1.8: References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM stands for Random Death Match. RDM is when you kill someone without a valid in-game reason.

Example 1:

Joe comes up to Jane, and kills Jane without a valid RP reason.

Example 2:

Jane is in a traffic stop for speeding,
exits her vehicle and kills the officer without a valid RP reason.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:

Metagaming is using information from ooc or an external source, like a discord call and using that information in-game. (given that it would only be metagaming for discord if the person has already died once the information has been told)

Example 1:

Joe sees somebody type in /ooc "Jane has a AK47". Joe then finds Jane, weapon checks Jane and then arrests Jane for Illegal firearms.

Example 2:

Jane is in a shootout with Joe, and is told on discord by her friend that Joe is around the corner after Joe has already died. Jane then uses this to her advantage and beelines for the corner.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP - Acting as if your character's life has value. FearRP is only valid if the person being placed under FearRP is either: outnumbered in players with weapons, OR: The person being placed under FearRP has no weapons on them.

Example 1:

Joe is being mugged, and being placed under gunpoint by 2 other players. Joe attempts to run away while under FearRP.

Example 2:

Jane is in her car without any weapons, when a man with a gun comes up to her car and carjacks her, Jane then tries to drive away While a gun is being pointed at her.

These examples may not have been clear, let me try explain:

Ex1 Exp: Joe is underFearRP and cannot run away.

Ex2 Exp: Jane cannot drive away when a gun is being pointed at her when she does not have any weapons.

Hope that made it clearer.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:

Copbaiting is when you intentionally get into conflict with or attempt to get into conflict with police officers without a valid reason.

Example 1:

Joe goes up to a PD car, and stabs the tyres without a valid RP reason.

Example 2:

Jane follows a PD car around constantly ramming into the PD vehicle over and over again.

Again - Sorry if this wasn't clear:

Ex1 Expl: Joe is copbaiting because he has slashed the tyres without a valid reason.

Ex2 Expl: Jane is copbaiting because she is ramming into the PD vehicle without a valid reason.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:

Discrimination is treating somebody differently just because of: Race, Sexuality, Age, Gender, etc.

Example 1:

Joe is told that Jane has transitioned into a male. Joe then repeatedly harrasses Jane for simply transitioning, making remarks like "Jane, you're not a man, you're a woman".

Example 2:

Jane has found out that Joe is 13 years old. Jane then makes fun of Joe in chat and in-game. making remarks like "imagine being 13", and
"shutup Joe, you're 13 years old"

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring them both into a sit, ask Tom for a clip. Once a clip is provided I will watch the clip and then explain to Dave that he cannot carjack NHS vehicles. I would then explain to Tom that it isn't FTA, but Crimes against the NHS, as it is against the rules to carjack NHS vehicles. I would then check
Dave's previous warns, and depending on the warns I would:

No warns: Give dave a verbal and spectate Dave to make sure he doesn't do it again.

Warns: Warn Dave for stealing an NHS vehicle.

I would also tell Dave what he is being warned for.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly, I would check the hit logs to see if William had a hit on Joe. If William did have a hit on Joe, I would explain to Joe that William had a hit on him, So it was a valid kill and not against the rules. I would also tell William to be careful on where he does his carbombs, as he also killed 3 other people.

If it was not a hit: I would ban William for MRDM, seeing as that MRDM is 3 kills, and this is 4 kills.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly, I would ask if Garry was killed inside of his shop,
and if he has any evidence on this.

If evidence was provided, I would ask why James has banned Garry from his shop. If Garry was inside of his shop - I would explain to Garry that KOS signs are not needed, as you can KOS if they are inside of your base/shop unwanted. I would then tell James to move his base from the sidewalk inside somewhere, as only hobo's are allowed to build on the pavement.

I would then spectate James for a short while to see if he removes his shop, and if he kills anyone outside of his shop without a valid reason.

If he did do this, I would deal with it depending on what happened.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring Bobby and explain that no majors are allowed during PD meetings, as no police officers will be available. I would then tell Bobby that he might want to read the server rules to assure this doesn't happen again.

I would check bobby's warns, and if:

No warns: Not warn him, and bring him back outside of the base.

Warns: Warn Bobby for majors during PD meeting, and return him outside of the base.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I believe I would be good fit for the staff team. Over the past few weeks, I've gone from being a minge to a person who follows the rules, and tries to enforce them, with my last warning being over a week ago. This shows that I can change, and I have also gained a good relationship with almost all of the staff members, and regular community members.

I'd also like to address my warns:

When I first came on to riverside, I didn't really know what I was doing,I took a break from gmod for about a year and a half, and just came back.
I know, this isn't a reason to have gained 10 warns. I also was quite a minge, as my only goal was just to annoy other players, and I've realised
how annoying I really was, and would certainly never do that again.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

If I was in a situation I didn't know how to handle, I would ask another staff member, or skim-read over the rules if no staff were online to assist me.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

Yes, I have staffed for various platforms, but not for Gmod.If it helps, I currently have almost 1,000 hours on Gmod.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

Communication: I can get my point across without jumping through hurdles.
Resilience: I can effectively keep trying, until It pays off.
Approachability: I am very friendly, and approachable. :D

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Parents are separated.
School - Could impact my activity sometimes with homework and detentions.
AFK - Sometimes I need to go afk because of my family, not for too long
of a time period though.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I've played this server for six weeks, and seen lots, I constantly see mingers and people who clearly don't have any intention to roleplay, but get away with it, and continue to do it. I want to help reduce the amountof mingers and help out the Riverside Community, I also want to be a bigger part of the community.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
No.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes.

Last edited:

meady

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member

+1

used to be a massive minge but has really tried to improve his reputation with big and small things like making dupes for people and advert packs etc. although young as people might say, i still think youre mature enough for staff. Also an easy to read application.

Reactions: Jaf
+1

Simple answers. I like that. Good application.
I'd like to see you on the staff team.

Burketon

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Application is below standard and your age is a major concern also due to the lower level of maturity you offer.

Best of luck

flx

+1

Honestly, you've improved so much maturity wise recently, you've kept yourself out of pettiness amongst the server, you've stuck to yourself and behaved, I personally haven't seen you get into any conflicts, I'm not sure as a whole though as I'm not on 24/7, I would've waited a little bit before re-applying though.

Mozzie

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Senior-Admin
Staff Member
+1

I believe I have seen improvement over the past couple weeks and your application has also improved additionally, your activity is also very good too!

jakey

Staff Manager
Head-Admin
Forums Manager
Graphics Designer
Staff Management
Staff Member
Denied

Your application lacks a lot of detail. I respect your honesty and do believe you have improved within the community. Please wait 1 week before applying again and add some more detail to a future application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom