Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Jaf's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaf

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Jaf
1.2: How old are you? 14
1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? 2 to 3 weeks at this point, I'm pretty sure.
1.5: Are you fluent in English? Born and raised.
1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:11623547
1.7: What is your Discord? tuvh
1.8: References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM - Random Death Match: RDM is killing another player without good reason.

Example 1:
Bob comes up to Joe and says "FUCK YOU!!" and kills him with an ak47.

Example 2:
Bob snipes Joe from 500m away for no apparent reason.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:

Metagaming is using out of character information in character.

Example 1:
Bob says in /ooc "TERRORIST MOHAMMED HAS A BOMB!!!"
PCSO Joe Goes up to Mohammed and arrests him for having a bomb.

Example 2:
Bob tells his friend Joe on discord that there are police waiting for him at PD to spike strip his car after dying.
Joe turns around and doesn't go that way to avoid being spike stripped.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP - Fear Roleplay: Valuing your characters life above all.

Example 1:
Bob and Sally come up to Joe with guns out and mug Joe.
Joe then runs away while said guns are being pointed at him.

Example 2:
Joe, Bob, Sally, and Jaf are committing armed robbery.
The banker, Maria tries to press the silent alarm but is
told to stop by Joe, Bob Sally and Jaf. while guns are being
pointed at Maria. Maria still presses the alarm.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:

Cop Baiting is intentionally committing a crime to get the police to chase after you for no apparent reason.

Example 1:
Joe comes up to a police vehicle, stabs the tires for no reason and attempts to run away.

Example 2:
Bob intentionally multiple times rams into a police vehicle for no apparent reason.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:

Discrimination is making inappropriate comments about somebody, based on protected characteristics.
These include:

Sexuality
Race
Religion or Belief
Disabilities
Pregnancy

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would silently teleport to Dave to see if what he has been reported for is true, once evidence is gathered (or if the reporter has a clip, in which case I can skip this part) I would add them both to a sit, explain to Tom that it isn't FTA, as you aren't allowed to steal NHS cars anway. Then I would ask Dave why he had stolen an NHS vehicle and rammed into multiple parked cars for no reason.

I would then explain to Dave why he cannot do that and the rules he is breaking.
I would check his warns first and then warn him for:

Crimes Against the NHS.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first check if what William is saying is true, with it being a hit, and then check damage logs / past kill logs and hit logs. I would then explain to Joe that it is valid as it was for a hit, but if the car bomb hits other people than his target, it would be classed as RDM.

I would then return them both and close the sit.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first check if James has a KOS sign outside of his base. If he did it would not be RDM, but his base would not be allowed on the sidewalk as he isn't a hobo or hobo king. I would give James a verbal warning and tell him to move his shop inside of a building and return them both.

If James did not have a KOS sign outside of his base, I would ask for evidence of RDM and if it is provided, James would be warned for RDM and told to move his base inside.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would pull both Harry and Bobby into a sit, ask why Bobby is committing a major crime when a PD meeting is about to start, I would then warn Bobby for majors
during a PD meeting, and return them both.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
Well, I think you should choose me over other applicants, because I know what I'm doing, I'm active and while yes I have broken some rules in the past, everyone
is human, and it happens.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

I would ask another staff member to help me.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

No, but I hope this can be my first, got to start somewhere :)

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

I'm active.
I have a good understanding of the rules
I have a relatively good relationship with the server/community :)

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

I may be busy on some days
I have school Mon-Fri

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I want to be a staff member to try and reduce the amount of trollers, rulebreakers
and to try and make RSRP a better experience for new and returning players.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

No.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes.

Burketon

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Neutral / -1 - Today is the first day I've properly seen you so wont be able to comment on much. Unfortunately the couple of times I have interacted with you today, you have been minging / messing around and interupting scenes. Potential issue with the age also but I wont be commenting on that.

EDIT: Unfortunately I am changing my answer to a
Reviewed punishments channel and he has multiple warnings from recent times. One for Lying. Personally I dont believe a liar is a good fit

Last edited:

Jaf

Neutral / -1 - Today is the first day I've properly seen you so wont be able to comment on much. Unfortunately the couple of times I have interacted with you today, you have been minging / messing around and interupting scenes. Potential issue with the age also but I wont be commenting on that.

EDIT: Unfortunately I am changing my answer to a
Reviewed punishments channel and he has multiple warnings from recent times. One for Lying. Personally I dont believe a liar is a good fit
Wasn't lying in it, I did shoot the NHS, however when I was pulled in to the sit and the staff member asked me if I did do it, I said "did I?" and then was warned for lying in a sit, Can't really prove it as It didn't clip in time, but it is what it is I guess.

MysticCaravan

Staff Member
-1 Every interaction I’ve had with you is either you minging you being disrespectful or you trying to cause trouble

Cheese

Staff Member
Through my time on this sevrer, I've had very few good interactions with you.
Applicaton isnt very good and seems rushed.
Age is also a factor and you are immature.

Benny

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Neutral

I haven't seen you around much, which isn't quite enough for me to vote for you just yet. That's why I've made this choice, sorry!

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Benny

Mozzie

Mozzie
Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member

I have seen you being fairly active on the sever but for most of that time it has being more negative than positive. Additionally, you have provided a definition on what discrimination is but have failed to follow it up with 2 examples of discrimination. I recommend building a more positive reputation on the server and re-read over your application before submitting it.

Speedy

Event Manager
Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Denied
Please Improve your reputation within the Community and in game. I'd like to point out some of your answers are correct but are either missing key information or you are not 100% sure on what some rules are id recommend getting yourself more formularized

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom