Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Jaf's Staff Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaf

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Jaf
1.2: How old are you? 14, 15 in June.
1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? 7, almost 8 weeks continuously.
1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes.
1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:11623547
1.7: What is your Discord? tuvh
1.8: References (if any)? Meady, OP2Trappy

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM Stands for Random Death Match, and is when you kill somebody without a valid in-game RP reason.
An example of this, could be: Jane drives up to Joe, steps out of her car, equips a weapon and kills
Joe. This is RDM, because Jane had no valid reason to kill Joe. Another example of RDM, is: Jane
randomly comes up to Joe and stabs him for calling her an idiot in ooc. This is RDM, as calling
somebody an idiot is not a valid reason to kill them, additionally this was said in /ooc, meaning
it could not be used in game even if it was shown that there could've been a valid reason to kill

them, if it was used in-game, instead of ooc.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:

Metagaming is using out-of-character information in-character. An example of this would be: Jane
says in /ooc "BTW, Joe has a gun on him". Then, Joe is approached and weapon searched for suspicion
of weapons. This is metagaming, because the "suspicion" was obtained from /ooc, rather than an
in-game source. A second example of metagaming would be: Joe types in /ooc,"I just got stabbed
by Jane". Then, a PD member arrests Jane for Grevious Bodily Harm. This would be classed as
metagaming, because the PD member got the information that Jane stabbed Joe from an out-of-character

source.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP stands for Fear-Roleplay, FearRP is valuing your characters life, as if you couldn't respawn.
An example of FearRP would be: Jane along with her friend Jackal mug Joe, pointing 2 guns towards him.
Joe then attempts to pull his gun out to defend himself. This would be classed as FearRP, because Joe
had 2 guns pointed towards him, outnumbering him. Another example of this would be: Joe is approached
by Jane, and mugs him. Joe then attempts to run away without having a weapon before the encounter.
This would be classed as FearRP, because Joe did not have a weapon prior to the mugging, therefore,
Joe is under FearRP, as stated in rule:

B3: "FearRP applies either when you have no weapons in your possession and are being threatened with a firearm"

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:

Cop baiting is getting into trouble with the police on purpose, for no reason. An example of this would be:
Jane goes up to a PD vehicle, stabs the tyres, and runs away. This is cop baiting, as Jane had no valid
RP reason to stab the PD vehicle's tyres. Another example of cop baiting would be: Jane has a vehicle,
and is constantly ramming into other PD vehicles, over and over again, being obvious it was not an accident.

This would be classed as cop baiting, as again, Jane had no valid RP reason to ram into the PD vehicles.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:

Discrimination is treating somebody differently based on protected characteristics. These include: Race,
Gender, Sexual Orientation, Disabilities etc. An example of discrimination would be: Jane is constantly
making fun of Joe, for being gay, making homophobic remarks. This would be classed as Discrimination,
because Jane has made fun of Joe, just because of his sexual orientation, which is a protected characteristic,
and against the rules. Another example of discrimination would be: Jane is repeatedly making racist remarks
to members of the community, saying things like: "Shut up, stupid N#####". This would be classed as discrimination,

because again, it's a protected characteristic and against the rules.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would add them both to a sit, and explain that it is against the rules to carjack an NHS vehicle, and explain to
Tom that it isn't FTA, as you can't steal NHS vehicles in the first place. I would check Dave's previous warns,
and if he had no prior warns for stealing NHS vehicles, I would let him off with a verbal warning. If he did
have warns pior to this sit, I would issue Dave a warning for Crimes against the NHS under B15-NHS :

"You may not commit any crime against NHS personnel."

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would pull them both into a sit, and check the hit logs to see if there actually was a hit on Joe.
If there was, I would explain to Joe that there was a hit on him, so it wasn't RDM. Additionally,
I would tell William to be more careful when using car bombs for hits, as they have a big range and
can accidentally kill other people in the process. If it wasn't a hit, I would ban William for

MassRDM, with the appropriate punishment times.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would firstly check James's base to see if it is on the sidewalk. I would then pull them both into a sit,
and explain to James that he cannot build his base on the sidewalk. I would then explain to garry that
KOS signs aren't required, and you can kill anyone in your base uninvited. I would then tell James to move

his base inside, as only hobos are allowed to build outside.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would pull Bobby into a sit, and explain that there is a PD meeting going on, so you cannot do any major crimes,
which base raids are considered a major crime. I would check Bobby's previous warn history and if he no previous
warns relating to this situation, I would issue him a verbal warning, as he might've not seen the messages in chat.
If Bobby had previous warns relating to this situation, I would warn bobby for B14 No major Crimes, and tell Bobby

to refund the base owner if any money was gained from the situation.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I think you should choose me to become a staff member, because I can work well under pressure, I don't give up easy at things,
(as you can tell with the application #4) and I know how to properly maintain my attitude, to not let my emotions get in the
way of things.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would first check the staff handbook. If I could not find my answer there, I would ask another staff member on their opinion.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, just not on GMOD.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

Activity
Determination
Discipline

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

School
Parents are Separated
Can get carried away with other tasks

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I know the rules say I can't use information from my previous staff applications, but the reason
for me wanting to become staff have stayed the same, I'll try and change it up a little,
but the reason is more or less the same. (This is not copied from my other application btw)

I want to be a staff member, because I enjoy keeping the peace. I've changed from a minge who just wanted to
be an idiot and ruin other player's experiences on the server to somebody who actually enjoys the server,
and wants to see a change. I also think that in the early hours when no staff are on, way too many rules are being
broken, and I am on in the early mornings which shows I've seen it first-hand, and it can also help combat the rule breaking.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
No.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes.

Last edited:
+1
Active, doesn't minge, never had a bad experience with him. I think he deserves to be a staff member

Reactions: Jaf

meady

Staff Member

+1

big efforts to improve things like reputation, activity, less minging, etc. fit for staff in my opinion as he knows his way through the rules and is a very nice person. Also a nice detailed application.​

Last edited:
+1

worked on minging less and involves himself in the community in departments.
pretty chill dude, fun to be around
good experiences

a few bad ones in the past but we've all been there :)
not a bad application

Benny

Management
Forums Manager
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Staff Member
Hi Jaf,

Neutral

I believe that you have learned the server rules better since your last warnings. You received quite a few in early to mid-April. However, I am not sure if you're quite ready yet, but I believe you are on the right track!

There's nothing wrong with your application; it looks good, and you're a chill person in-game :) However, I cannot vote for you yet due to your previous warnings last month.

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Benny.

Neutral/+1

Not sure if he's fit for staff at the moment
Answers are much longer than they need to be-

-But I guess they get the point across
Haven't Interacted with you in roleplay scenarios at all before so I can't comment on that

Decent, humble lad
Great knowledge of the rules from what I've seen in game and in the application
Active

Bobness

Junior-Admin
Staff Member

I’ve roleplayed with you before plenty of times, sometimes bad and sometimes good. People say you’ve changed. But as your previous behaviour was full on minge and creating conflict, chaos and pure un-fun for others, I can’t see you ready for to enforce the rules you so much liked to break. I’ll keep an eye on you in-game and perhaps you can change my mind.

Jaf

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member

I’ve roleplayed with you before plenty of times, sometimes bad and sometimes good. People say you’ve changed. But as your previous behaviour was full on minge and creating conflict, chaos and pure un-fun for others, I can’t see you ready for to enforce the rules you so much liked to break. I’ll keep an eye on you in-game and perhaps you can change my mind.
Hi bobness,

My last warning was mid April (apr 14), and I haven't received any since, furthermore
I'm kind of confused at this, because on my previous application you gave me a +1
and I haven't had any other encounters with you since the application.

Maybe you can help clear this up,

thanks, Jaf.
1715627710700.png

Bobness

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
I gave you a chance and thought maybe you were good, because your previous actions were bad and seemed like you had no interest to roleplay nor’ follow rules. Then you changed, to me it seems like when you applied for staff, your demeanour changed from a minge to a rule-abiding player. I though nothing of it and gave you a +1 because maybe you did change, till’ I was cloaked on duty and saw you go back to your old-self, maybe even true-self. People don’t change easily, and then I mean REALLY change.

Jaf

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member
I gave you a chance and thought maybe you were good, because your previous actions were bad and seemed like you had no interest to roleplay nor’ follow rules. Then you changed, to me it seems like when you applied for staff, your demeanour changed from a minge to a rule-abiding player. I though nothing of it and gave you a +1 because maybe you did change, till’ I was cloaked on duty and saw you go back to your old-self, maybe even true-self. People don’t change easily, and then I mean REALLY change.
My old self?

What did I do?

jakey

Staff Manager
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Graphics Designer
Accepted

Contact a member of Staff Management to arrange an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom