Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Judge Judges Staff application

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Judge Judges
1.2: How old are you? 22
1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes, I do
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? Playing active since 15.03.24 1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes, I can fluently type and speak english
1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:516212566
1.7: What is your Discord? likeitplay
1.8: References (if any)? N/A

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM is defined as random deathmatch. It means that you will have to have a valid RP reason to kill someone which is covered by the server rules.
Example 1: Johnny walks up to a gun dealer and asks for a free gun. The gun dealer does not just give away guns for free. Johnny shoots him.
Example 2: Johnny is arguing with a police officer about a fine. He does not like to get fined so he kills the poor pcso :(

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples: Meta gaming defines the term of using OOC information in character.
Example 1: Johnny says that he wants to make meth in OOC chat. A PCSO is coming up to him and arrests him for conspiracy to produce drugs.
Example 2: Johnny killed a guy that entered his base which has a kos sign. The guy he killed walks up to a police officer and reported that he got killed by Johnny, which he cannot know since he died before.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: Fear RP defines as not putting your life in danger when you know that you don't stand a chance which would happen if you are outgunned or outnumbered.
Example 1: Johnny is walking trough mall when he gets jumped by two Terrorists. They adverted Kidnapping and pointing weapons on poor Johnny. He now needs to follow the terrorists commands since his life is in danger.
Example 2: Johnny is getting mugged by someone who adverted mug in chat. He needs to drop 3k otherwise he's is dead. He needs to follow the muggers command until the mugging is over because his life is in danger.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples: Cop baiting defines as the baiting of cops to make them try to arrest you.
Example 1: Johnny is running around as a thief and screams that he has a gun infront of a PCSO. The PCSO tries to arrest him and Johnny is pulling out a gun to kill him, he would've broken the rule.
Example 2: Johnny is currently playing as a meth cook and basing inside Mall. He adverts that he is currently selling meth inside mall so he can fight with PD. PD responds and is trying to raid Johnny. Johnny copbaited in that case

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples: discrimination defines as the calling out of someone because of personal things (like insecurities, disabilities, skin colour).
Example 1: Johnny is having down syndrome in real life and told someone. The person he told is now calling him a downie for it and roasting him for it.
Example 2: Johnny is walking around in mall and gets approached by a thief. The thief calls him the N-Word multiple times, which is discrimination.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
- Firstly I would bring Tom and Dave to a sit and I would hear firstly Tom's story since he reported Dave. After that I would ask Dave why he stole an NHS car. Either if he gives a valid RP reason I need to punish him accordingly to the rules since its not allowed to attack NHS or steal NHS cars. After that I would return them both.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
- I would bring both parties to a sit again and hear the story of Joe first since he reported William. William had a hit on Joe so he was allowed to kill him with a car bomb. The other person that he killed would fall under crossfire. William did nothing wrong, I would return both of them.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
- Having a gun shop on the sidewalk is not allowed by server rules. I would make him remove it and tell him to read the rules. I would also ask James if he has a KOS sign up and that not wanting someone inside his base is not a reason to kill him. I would explain him that he needs to call the Cops if he doesn't want someone in his store. I would bring the other guys James killed to the sit and ask them what happened. If its the same thing as with Garry I would punish James for MassRDM since he killed 3 people in a short period of time.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
- I would simply make Bobby not raid PD since its not allowed by server rules to do a major crime while there is a pd meeting. Since he didn't start raiding I would not warn him and make both parties proceed with their day.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
- I would not consider myself better than other applicants. But there are a few points that make choosing me very attractive.
- I am active. I play every day for multiple hours riverside rp, so I can respond to rule breakes often.
- I know how to handle serious and stressfull situations, so I keep a cool head and deal with it according to the rules.
- I know the rules and don't have many warnings.
- I learn from my mistakes. If I do a mistake I will not do it again and I will use my learned information to become a better moderator.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
- I would consider to call another staff member to help me out, Check rules again or call someone who is above my staff rank to help me.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
- Yes, I once moderated a SCP-RP Server. I was staff manager. It was a while ago tho.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
- I keep a cool head in stressfull situations
- I am good a managing my time
- I am often seing getting scenarios in the first go. I just understand what happened and what the plan of the involved parties were.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
- I forgot most of the staff binds for gmod
- Don't know more weaknesses.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to help out the server in becoming better. Sometimes I see people minging or breaking the rules and I simply want to make the server a good place to rp. I want everyone to have a good time and I would like get the chance to show that I can be a good member of staff.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? N/A

Have you received any help when creating this application? No, I didn't
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes, I do

Mufaba from congo

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
+1 Nice application easy to read and everything answered nicely
= I don't really know you but would love to
-1 None

Final vote +1 things like staff commands are easily learned and i would like to see you as staff

Jaf

Neutral/+1

I haven't had many interactions with you, but most of them have been good.
The reason I have made it a Neutral, is that you taser rushed earlier today,
very blatantly.

flx

Staff Member
Neutral

Solid roleplay, I just feel like you sometimes struggle to conduct yourself accordingly.

meady

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member

+1

although of recent incidents, i think youre mature enough for staff and are very active

neutral

recently inactive​

Last edited:
Neutral / +1
Involves themself in organizations and the community. Simple answers to the application (which is nice). Altogether a friendly guy to be around.
Has a few warns. But that's alright.

I am neutral although leaning to a +1 because of this.

Mozzie

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Senior-Admin
Staff Member
+1
Active on the server, is a nice guy, and your application looks good with lots of detail, well done. And I hope you make it into the staff team!

Benny

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Neutral for now.

I haven't seen you around much, which isn't quite enough for me to vote for you just yet. That's why I've made this choice, sorry!

But your staff application looks really solid - Well done! 👍

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Benny

Corduroy

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
+1

Very helpful, respectful and mature.
I think you would be a great addition to the staff team.

BobblMan

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
+1
Don't see you ALOT, but i have seen you! Mostly on SCO-19 i believe, which means your involved in the community! which is great!
Marvin Winkal

Burketon

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
-1 Activity is poor / Spotty. User, from what I see, Struggles to interact with others on the server. I believe he would struggle as a staff member

Top Bottom