Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Khalid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

: What is your in-game name? Khalid
: How old are you? 15
: Do you have a working microphone? Yes
: How long have you been playing Riverside? Almost a month
: Are you fluent in English? Yes
: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:443701204
: What is your Discord? zezoaj
: References (if any)? Bedouin

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1:
Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM: Abbreviation of Random Deathmatch and is the act of killing a player without reason
Example 1: Player A goes and intentionally kills Player B for no reason
Example 2: Player A gets rejected from a tryout and kills Player B for rejecting him

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:
Metagaming is when information is used when in the roleplay scenario it wouldn't be possible to know
Example 1: Player B tells his teammate, Player C, to refill the printer batteries in OOC. Player A is a cop and uses this information to raid the base because of illegal printers. Player A has metagamed
Example 2: Player A is a hitman and needs to find Player B. Player C asks in OOC for Player B's whereabouts to pick him up and take him to base. Player A uses Player B's response to find and complete his hit. Player A has metagamed

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is fear for, and valuing life
Example 1: Player A is being mugged at gunpoint without his gun already equipped. Player A pulls out his gun and shoots the mugger. Player A has broken FearRP
Example 2 : Player B is being kidnapped. He is taken to the kidnappers base and complies with their orders until their demands are met. Player B has complied with FearRP

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:
Copbait is a form of minging and is the act of agitating cops or government officials to induce a chase or an arrest.
Example 1: Player A constantly "spits" on cops and insults them to attempt to agitate them enough for an arrest
Example 2: Player A adverts carjack, falses and crouches behind the car with his driver's license / passport SWEP in front of the police to make them think he's committing a crime.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:
Discrimination is the act of targeting/making fun of a person(s) for a reason such as: ethnicity, skin color, disabilities, gender, etc.
Example 1
: Player A finds out Player B is from Syria. Player A goes into OOC to make jokes about arabs, and uses racist stereotypes to insult Player B.
Example 2: Player A finds out Player C is a woman, and places hits on Player C constantly and specifically because of that reason.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Answer: Since Dave has indeed adverted carjack, Tom's sit is not valid for that reason. However I would warn Dave for Crimes against NHS, and possibly car minging

: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Answer: I would check logs and verify if the kills William has made, including Joe, were infact hits. If they turn out to be hits, then William is not prosecuted. If the logs prove William's excuse wrong, I would ban William for MassRDM.

: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Answer: This appears to me as an excuse to RDM without consequence. I would firstly check out the store and see if it's covering the entire sidewalk and if James even had an option to avoid the store. I would also ask Garry about the other kills and what reasoning he had for them. I would ask Garry for a reason as to why James is not permitted into the shop. If no-one raided, mugged or commited any crimes inside of his store

: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Answer: I would warn Bobby for disturbing / committing a major crime during a PD meeting. I would probably have given him a basic verbal warning however he was made aware of the rule and still chose to ignore it, leaving me with no choice but to warn him.

Section C: Questions

: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I am unbiased, active, and find a satisfaction in resolving issues.

: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? I would ask somebody with more experience for help and the reasons for his decisions so I could learn and remember for the future.

: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? No, but I have played Garry's Mod for years and seen many different admins and their approaches. I have learnt from their mistakes by watching from afar

: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: 1- Unbiased and I go by the book. 2- I'm calm and like to think of myself as kind; which will help to prevent escalation of situations during sits. 3- I am generally very active.

: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: 1- I tend to disconnect sometimes due to my geographical location and the difference of it relative to the server location. 2- School might decrease my activity slightly but not enough for me to disappear. 3- Can't think of anything else.

: Why do you want to be a staff member? I would find it fun working alongside staff and resolving issues, even the small ones like a car getting stuck. And since I'm active on this server I'd like to help maintain it aswell regulate the actions of the other players.

: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? Other than the disconnection problem, not much

Have you received any help when creating this application? Some inspiration in terms of the format from another application, but other than that very minimal help and all of my answers were my own.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

Neutral

I have some issues with your age, However! the application is decently written and it has a relatively good coherency.

I have had some interactions with you in the past, these were neither good nor bad just some general RP interactions.

I can't really interpret the core reasons on why you want to be a staff member with what you have written in section 3.6

You have listed 2 weaknesses that are IMHO circumstances that don't dictate any character weak points, and that you wrote that you can't think of a third weakness tells me you aren't that self-aware.

I expected a bit more information explaining your bullet points in 3.1, giving me a better insight as to why those " skills " make you a better applicant.

Neutral

I have some issues with your age, However! the application is decently written and it has a relatively good coherency.

I have had some interactions with you in the past, these were neither good nor bad just some general RP interactions.

I can't really interpret the core reasons on why you want to be a staff member with what you have written in section 3.6

You have listed 2 weaknesses that are IMHO circumstances that don't dictate any character weak points, and that you wrote that you can't think of a third weakness tells me you aren't that self-aware.

I expected a bit more information explaining your bullet points in 3.1, giving me a better insight as to why those " skills " make you a better applicant.
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah I had a feeling that the age would be an issue for some people.
As for 3.5, there is nothing that I feel would make issues for me other than just general problems that may affect my activity, and the way I interpreted the question was in a similar fashion.

And I agree that in general the application could have been better, might not be a good thing that I don't think my own application is the best, but I was in a bit of a rush making it due to a more personal issue and felt like I might aswell to see what people expected.

I feel like I could use your points to better my application in the future if I would have to make another one, so thank you nonetheless.

Mozzie

Mozzie
Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Neutral

Hello Khalid, the reason why I have given your application a neutral vote is because I haven't really seen you in game that much over the past 2 weeks, I think I've only really had 1 or 2 interactions with you before. You might be a great guy but from my perspective I don't have enough evidence to give it +1 or -1 so I am remaining neutral. Additionally, your application looks good!

Benny

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Neutral

Hello Khalid, the reason why I have given your application a neutral vote is because I haven't really seen you in game that much over the past 2 weeks, I think I've only really had 1 or 2 interactions with you before. You might be a great guy but from my perspective I don't have enough evidence to give it +1 or -1 so I am remaining neutral. Additionally, your application looks good!
wise words from Mr. Mozzie, and I'm going to stick with what he said.

Neutral

Sky1ine

Staff Supervisor
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Forums Assistant
Staff Management
Staff Member
Denied

Please try and improve your reputation and activity on the server before reapplying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom