Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Hybrid's Staff App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Hybrid
1.2 How old are you? 15
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? From April 2019 until closure
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:464830279

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM is the act of killing another play without a proper roleplay reason. RDM: Random Deathmatch
E1: Player 1 kills player 2 because Player 2 calls player 1 "fat".
E2: Player 1 drives over Player 2 and 3 as soon as they come out of spawn.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

If a player dies, the player cannot return to the same situation and area they died in before death (Until 5 mins have passed). This also means that the player cannot have any memory of what happened before death, essentially starting a new life. The player cannot interact with anyone involved with the players death.
E1: Player 1 is killed in action at KFC, player 1 then proceeds to return to KFC to continue the fight straight after player 1 respawns.
E2: Player 1 is roleplaying as police, player 1 dies to a criminal in disguise. As soon as player 1 respawns they announce every detail about how they died on the police radio.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP is a rule that enforces realism in RP. It is a rule that states that a player should act in a realistic way when in a threatening situation. The player is expected to co-operate with armed police/criminals. Fear RP only applies if you are outnumbered.
E1: Criminal 1 is surrounded by 3 Armed Police, Criminal 1 then proceeds to run away despite being under gunpoint.
E2: Player 1 tries to mug player 2 under gunpoint. Player 2 then pulls out a gun and shoots player 1.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

Homophobia is discrimination against homosexuals.
E1: Player 1 repeatably kills player 2 because player 2 says they support homosexuals.
E2: Player 1 calls player 2 a "f####t" .

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Racism is discrimination towards a particular race.
E1: Player 1 calls player 2 the n-word.
E2: Player 1 kills player 2 because player 2 states that they are a certain race.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

By checking logs I would be able to see that William did advert car-jack, but I would inform William that stealing NHS vehicles is prohibited. I would issue a verbal warning, if William does this again I would formally warn him.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would validate that William did actually adverted Pd raid. Then I would investigate where William had killed the 6 people. If William had not broken any rules I would end the sit. If William had broken rules, I would punish William according to which rules he broke.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would inform Joe that he/she is not allowed to base on the sidewalk (Verbal Warning). I would then warn William for FTA. I would also warn William for NRL.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would tell Joe that no major crimes are currently allowed since there is a pd meeting in session. I would then ask a Mod+ to ban Joe for MRDM (5 weeks). I would tell Joe that they can appeal their ban on the riverside forums.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I have been a moderator twice for riverside. Since there is a national lockdown, I am very eager to become staff because I'm not committed to anything else now. I have been playing riverside for a very long time and I am well known. I will be able to carry out my duty as a staff member effectively and I hope to resolve every sit I take. I will bring a friendly and familiar face to the staffing team.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

I would call for a higher ranking Moderator to assist me.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

Yes, I have been staff twice for riverside. I was a chat moderator for a discord server.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

I have good problem-solving skills, I'm very friendly and I'm not biased.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

Impatient, competitive, due to school I cannot be as active as if I was on holiday but I will try my best.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I wish to help the community and improve my reputation in the community as much as possible and I feel becoming a staff member and enforcing the rules is the best way to do this. Recently there has been alot of server lag, so by becoming staff I hope to diminish at least some of the lag by enforcing the server rules. Becoming staff will help me to develop my skills aswell.
Please Read:
My last staff application was denied because I had a "negative reputation" in the community, I would like to clarify that the reason I have a "negative" reputation amongst the community was only because a rp situation had occurred regarding the Police department. I would not regard this incident to be impacting on my status in the community, rather my status in the police department. Other than that I have been a very active member of the community for a long time, and I see no reason as to why a rp situation could affect my ability to staff the server. Also recently I was given another chance to be a higher up in pd, I am truly thankful for this. This fresh start has motivated me to apply for staff. Thank you for reading.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes

Last edited:
+1

Could do with some more detail in section C, however, the rest of the application looks good and he is a good member of the community from when I have been staff (No trouble with him etc).

+1, sick dude, professional, clearly has had experience before and i think he'd be a good addition to the staff team

Just to let you know, Nano posted in your previous staff application:
I think your negative reputation amongst the community due to past and recent events will directly effect your staffing experience, and for that I am going to deny your application. Denied.
This was posted on Sunday.

I don't think you've had enough time to improve your reputation, or show that you've changed from your past. Maybe I am wrong.

Just to let you know, Nano posted in your previous staff application:

This was posted on Sunday.

I don't think you've had enough time to improve your reputation, or show that you've changed from your past. Maybe I am wrong.
Thank you for your comment, I have a question though. How does a roleplay situation effect my staffing experience? Its not like I was banned or called all the staff team fat. In my opinion that should not affect my reputation at all. It has no connection, and it was a while ago. I have changed from my past and selfish ways.

L

Liam

How does a roleplay situation effect my staffing experience
It means that people can't trust you, if you can't be trusted in-character, you can't be trusted to be a staff member?
We trust our staff, if we can't trust you.
You can't be staff

Maybe in-character needs to ignore it but this is out of character and we judge you as a person not as a character.

hybrid you're struggling to learn, even after your first blacklist for corruption, you repeated it and got blacklisted again for corruption, how can we be sure you won't continue to make the same mistakes?

hybrid you're struggling to learn, even after your first blacklist for corruption, you repeated it and got blacklisted again for corruption, how can we be sure you won't continue to make the same mistakes?
It means that people can't trust you, if you can't be trusted in-character, you can't be trusted to be a staff member?
We trust our staff, if we can't trust you.
You can't be staff

Maybe in-character needs to ignore it but this is out of character and we judge you as a person not as a character.
Like you have rightfully stated, I may not be trusted in your eyes because of past experiences. But one of the reasons I want to join staff is to re-gain that trust. I hope I have explained myself enough, if you would like some more detail you can dm me on discord.

Also sauce , I'm not trying to direct a negative impact towards anyone but you have +1'd another persons staff app. That person had been staff previously- that person was also given punishment for breaking staff rules. I dont know the full reason that you +1'd their application but you failed to mention, unlike what you commented on my application, their wrong doings. I hope that makes sense. And I also think that being punished for doing something wrong as a staff member is more untrustworthy than being blacklisted in pd. I have never been formally punished for anything as a staff member.

Also sauce , I'm not trying to direct a negative impact towards anyone but you have +1'd another persons staff app. That person had been staff previously- that person was also given punishment for breaking staff rules. I dont know the full reason that you +1'd their application but you failed to mention, unlike what you commented on my application, their wrong doings. I hope that makes sense. And I also think that being punished for doing something wrong as a staff member is more untrustworthy than being blacklisted in pd. I have never been formally punished for anything as a staff member.
who did i +1

L

Liam

Like you have rightfully stated, I may not be trusted in your eyes because of past experiences. But one of the reasons I want to join staff is to re-gain that trust. I hope I have explained myself enough, if you would like some more detail you can dm me on discord.
Regain the trust then get staff

D

Deleted member 10

How may I ask, Im a CHIEFSUPT on pd and a psd officer. I'm trying my best.
From someone who's been through the not being trusted stuff, just keep sailing straight. If you did bad things, people aren't going to forget about it after a week regardless of your ranks. Just show consistent improvement over a significant amount of time and people will probably look past your history. "Forgiveness is earned, not given" or something.

From someone who's been through the not being trusted stuff, just keep sailing straight. If you did bad things, people aren't going to forget about it after a week regardless of your ranks. Just show consistent improvement over a significant amount of time and people will probably look past your history. "Forgiveness is earned, not given" or something.
Best thing to say here.

Due to a previous denial of your application, I would have to downvote this. A prolonged period of time is needed to rebuild such reputation required for staff here on Riverside.

You have not taken enough time to gain a better reputation, -1 from me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom