Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Crashie's Staff app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashie

Senior-Moderator
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Crashie
1.2 How old are you? 16
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? 50 hours playtime
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:5461581

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM – random death match. RDM is where you kill a player for no reason related to roleplay and is completely unjustified

Example 1: I am a criminal and I run out of spawn and completely spray a guy down in front of me and kill him without any sort of advert or instigation from either party.

Example 2: I am a police officer, I walk outside of PD just after receiving a firearm and shoot and kill the person in front of me, the person in front of me provides 0 threat whatsoever they do not have a knife or gun out.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

NLR, new life rule – engaging or returning to an RP situation or area after you have previously been killed in that area or died during that situation.

Example 1: I am a police officer, I have responded to a traffic stop where a man drives off, I am distracted by my fellow PD on the radio calling me to attend a pd raid, Where I die. I later see this car in the road and decide to chase it as I was involved in a failed to stop situation earlier. I should not respond to the vehicle as I am in a new life and should not remember the situation from beforehand.

Example 2: I am a criminal; I have committed a gas station robbery. I fall victim to the SCO19 response and die during this. As soon as I respawn, I come back to the situation, where SCO19 are still dealing with an active threat, to retrieve my car. I am then asked to leave by an officer. This is NLR as I am re-entering an RP situation that I was previously in to get my car which technically I should not remember it was there as I am in a new life.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP is when you break the expected reaction and do something out of the ordinary where in a real-life situation you would be in fear for your life and would not react in such way.

Example 1: I am surrounded by a group of criminals in little town who are rolling together, they pull guns out on me and advert mug/assist and tell me they are mugging me in VC. If I were to pull out a rifle and begin firing upon them, this would break FearRP as in a real-life situation no one in their right mind would pull a gun on multiple men who already have rifles aimed at their heads.

Example 2: I am surrounded by 8 firearms officers who have their guns out towards me whilst I have a knife out. I am told to put the knife away and to move away from anyone so I am not a threat towards the public or the officers. If I keep the knife out and run towards an officer which seems I am intending to stab him, or I do in fact stab him. This is breaking FearRP as I am completely outnumbered and should fear for my life when surrounded by such an amount of people.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is deliberate discrimination towards someone for their sexual orientation.

Example 1: if I knew that this certain thief is gay, they end up shooting me after I fail to drop the required amount for a mugging. I talk in OOC and direct a homophobic slur towards them. This is homophobia.

Example 2: Another example would be harassing someone in voice chat because of the way they speak, mocking them and responding with something along the lines of “are u gay?” to mock their voice. This is homophobic behaviour towards a community member.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Racism is deliberate discrimination due to someone’s race.

Example 1: Calling someone a racial slur in game chat after they had killed me.

Example 2: targeting insults towards a specific race within the OOC chat.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly, I would bring the reporter, joe, to see his side of the story and to check logs to see if they had adverted and if joe had any proof of the situation occurring. I check the logs to see William had adverted and I notify joe of this and return him. Then I bring William and talk to him and discuss that he is not allowed to steal NHS vehicles as per the rules. If it was a first-time offence, I would give him a verbal warning.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring joe to understand in more detail what the situation was, I would then ask look in logs to see if William had adverted. If William had adverted, I would explain to joe that as long as he was in the Pd during the raid, William had every right to kill him. If William had not adverted, I would bring him to a sit, and tell him he is going to be banned for MassRDM and request a superior if I did not have the permissions to do so.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe’s base with no advert. Joe’s kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly, I would tell joe that as a drug dealer he is not allowed to base on the sidewalk. I could warn him for not following the basing rules or give him a verbal if it was his first time. Secondly, I would see in logs if William had adverted raid, as he had not, I would warn him for not adverting as per the rules. Also, if William had come back to the scene and killed joe in retaliation, I could warn William for RDM and NLR.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring joe to a sit and explain to him that as per the commander’s advert, no major crimes were to be committed. Due to this joe would be banned for MassRDM as per the rules.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I should be chosen over other applicants due to my extensive previous experience, my mature character and my willingness to learn and improve. I am a mature character when playing on riverside which I feel I uphold consistently through my time playing or on discord. I enjoy having fun with my mates and always follow the server rules as demonstrated by my 0 warnings. In addition, I love to improve and learn new things. This is a fantastic quality to hold as a staff member as it displays, I am willing to correct mistakes and own up to errors which I would like to learn how to fix, which is key to improving and developing as both a person and within the role on the server. My willingness to improve may lead me to higher roles within the server holding new responsibilities to better the staff team or the community experience. I would be a dedicated member of the team who would be active and helpful towards all the community members.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

Firstly, I would follow a chain of command to not interrupt the management and higher ups unnecessarily. I would ask someone equalling my staff position or one higher to understand their take on it and to take in the information they give me. If I was still unsure, I could go higher just to get a more clear-cut understandable answer which I could then transfer into my staffing from then on.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? I have extensive experience whilst staffing on largely populated. MRP servers in the past.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

Ability to accept mistakes - any problems that come my way I would make sure to solve them and if I was unsure, I would always want to consult someone who is more knowledgeable than me to better myself for the future.

Approachability – I am a calm; unaggressive member of the community and I present no disliking’s towards any community members. Due to this I feel as if anyone could come to me regarding assistance and they would not be worried that if I were to take their sit they may not get the correct outcome.

Ability to work under pressure – I find myself working at my peak when I am under pressure to complete something, as if I had multiple sits to take or reports to deal with in a short amount of time, I could complete them quickly and efficiently but still to a high standard.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

Time management – I have some important assessments coming up in school so I may not be as active as I wish during the beginning however I would begin to become as active as possible when these had finished. I also struggle to schedule tasks to do and often end up putting enjoyment such as gaming as a higher priority than school which is obviously more important.

Perfectionist – I like things to be done in my interpretation of how I believe it should be completed. This sometimes may cause small, avoidable conflict which I can avoid and will try to.

Work ethic – although I enjoy working as a team in most circumstances as it promotes teaching and learning from one another. I often find myself being more calm and chill by myself and can get stressed out by a mass of others.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I want to be a staff member as I often am on early mornings and am presented with some rule breakers and minges and no staff to deal with them. I also want to set a good example for the community on riverside and show them that I can still enjoy roleplay and interact whilst spending a substantial amount of time on duty assisting them.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

+1 had good interactions with him on the server, friendly and active

+1

Alright application, good interactions when spoken to in the past.

+1

I have good interactions with you on PD, and I can tell you want to roleplay. You don't break the rules, and the staff application is relatively detailed, so I would love to see you in the staff team.

+1

I have also had good interactions with you and you know the rules very well. Your application is well written and I deem you would be great staff member for the community.

Crashie

Senior-Moderator
+1 legend

+1 had good interactions with him on the server, friendly and active

+1

Alright application, good interactions when spoken to in the past.

+1

I have good interactions with you on PD, and I can tell you want to roleplay. You don't break the rules, and the staff application is relatively detailed, so I would love to see you in the staff team.

+1

I have also had good interactions with you and you know the rules very well. Your application is well written and I deem you would be great staff member for the community.
I appreciate all the kind words towards my application lads, cheers.

Plus one, you seem like a good fit for staff, Your application has decent detail.

Sky1ine

Appeals & Reports
Junior-Admin
Staff Member
Forums Assistant
+1, Good fit for staff and a good guy to speak to. Would be a great addition to the team.

Decent App, Very friendly and approachable guy ingame, would be great on the staff team +1

Crashie

Senior-Moderator
Plus one, you seem like a good fit for staff, Your application has decent detail.

+1 sound guy

+1 Active, nice guy and I’ve had nothing but good interactions.

+1, Good fit for staff and a good guy to speak to. Would be a great addition to the team.

+1 sound guy, would be a good staff member

Decent App, Very friendly and approachable guy ingame, would be great on the staff team +1

+1 would be great staff.
Appreciate it guys thanks for the kind responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom