Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied MaverickRat's staff app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicant's background

1.1: What is your in-game name? MaverickRat

1.2 How old are you? 16

1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes

1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Since march 2020

1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes

1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_1:1:27729728

1.7 What is your Discord? MaverickRat#2684

1.8 References (if any)? James Pond, Crab, Azz, Mizo, Hamster, Phillip

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM (Rule B2) stands for Random Death Match, is where a player kills another player with no valid RP reason, killing 4 or more people in a short period is considered MRDM, an example of RDM is that Betty Bumps into Steven's BMW X5, Steven proceeds to get out of his car and gun down Betty for a simple mistake, another example of RDM is that John walks into Dave's gun store, calls it a "shitty store", in response, Dave follows him to BP and guns him down

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

NLR (Rule B1) Stands for New Life rule, and it means that you should interact with / recall events from anything in your previous life for up to 5 mins, an example of this is when PD SGT Sam is killed in a mugging, he calls out on radio "2 armed men mugged and killed me, in a grey tesla", thus resulting in their deaths, as Sam had died he wouldn't have known their identities, another example of NLR is that an SCO CPL is killed in a hostage situation, he returns to the hostage situation and continues fighting as normal

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP (Rule B3) means you must value your own life when threatened/outnumbered at gunpoint 2:1, an example of this is that an SCO PVT is mugged by 2 armed T SSGTs, the SCO PVT pulls out his MP5 even though he is under gunpoint and manages to kill both off them, another example of FearRP is when Liam, a thief, is a gun pointed by 2 police officers, proceeds to pull out a Glock and attempt to kill them

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

Homophobia is the dislike of or prejudice against gay people, an example is when Oliver, an openly Homosexual male, speaks in Out of character chat, A user says in response "Shut up you dirty F*gg*t, another example is that someone based with an LGBTQ + flag above their base, a PCSO raid the base with his reasoning is that, " it an LGBT flag they are all bad and f*gg*ts"

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Racism is the prejudice/hatred of a specific race, an example of this is when someone who is an African American, raids a T PVT, the T PVT in question proceeds to call him racial slurs and insult him based on his race, another example is that a PCSO arrests a Black man for "being an in superior N*g*a"

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjacking and stolen an NHS member's vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

First, I would Cloak and TP to the reporter and the reported, to make sure they are not in any RP, I would then bring both of them to a secure roof, and ask Joe for evidence or check Billy's logs, I would then Verbally warn William if he is new or warn him if he is a repeat offender for crimes against NHS, then return both of them to their previous positions

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

First I would Cloak and TP to the reporter and the reported, to make sure they are not in any RP, I would then bring both of them to a secure roof, I would then check Blogs and see if William did advert PD raid and if he is on the right job, if he was not and has not adverted PD raid, he gets a warn for FTA (failure to advert)

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe's base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

First, I would Cloak and TP to the reporter and the reported, to make sure they are not in any RP, I would then bring both of them to a secure roof, I would start by checking Blogs to see if he did indeed commit FTA then warn William for that, then Warn William for NLR and then tell Joe to make a refund ticket on discord and get him to move his base from the sidewalk, also I would jail William for 5 mins and get him to type !motd to read the rules

2.9: William a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would revive all the Injured PD as there is an obvious Rule break, and Revive the T and freeze him in his spot, I would then Warn him for FailRP/FTA and ask for him to be removed from T jihad WL

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I have a lot of experience on Gmod (8000 hours), and previous experience as riverside staff, I know the rules and I would like to believe im a liked member of the community although I have gone through bouts of inactivity, with a staff role I would have to be active so inactivity wouldn't be a problem

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

Ask for a senior staff member or consult the staff handbook

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

Yes, a DARKRP mod, Ice fuse military RP Mod, admin on another police rp

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

Knowledge, Activity, Professionalism

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

I am still in school/formal education so I can't be on from 8 AM - 4PM, i can lose my temper at times, my PC isn't that good thus my Gmod can crash at times

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

Back when I was a moderator I enjoyed it and I felt like I had an impact on the server and its growth, in my current position I feel like I'm not helping as much as I could and getting back as a mod would allow me to help more

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

ADHD, Minor autism, Dyspraxia, and Anger management issues, although the last one is no excuse for me

Have you received any help when creating this application? Nope

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background-checking? Yes

+1 Good Application, Mavericks behavior has changed and he has shown his dedication to the server

+1 Fit for staff, Excellent ex staff, Knows the rules well , Very good RP , Cool guy around

-1 You were recently found basing on top of the Mall, yesterday witch you got punished for using props to get on top of the mall and placed Bitcoin miners and printers while nobody could get up there so you could secretly create money while nobody could know.
Picture: https://ibb.co/ykK3Vkw | https://ibb.co/PzjrpDP

Last edited:
-1 You were recently found basing on top of the Mall, yesterday witch you got punished for using props to get on top of the mall and placed Bitcoin miners and printers while nobody could get up there so you could secretly create money while nobody could know.
Picture: https://ibb.co/ykK3Vkw | https://ibb.co/PzjrpDP
-1 Maverick you say your the bigger person and you don't want to cause arguments even though you go looking for them by being rude to someone who just walks past you on the street or speaks to your friend. If you can't handle not being rude your not going to be a good staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom