Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Meadys 2nd staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.

meady

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Meady
1.2: How old are you? 13
1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes.
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? Joined last year march but quit for a year. Returned playing frequently for about 1 month now
1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:5987539
1.7: What is your Discord? meadyman
1.8: References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

"RDM" stands for "Random Deathmatch." It is killing another player without any valid in-game reason

Example 1:
Player 1 decides to shoot and kill Player 2's character without any interaction or reason. This was because Player 1 seen Player 2 dancing in the street and found him annoying. This is classed as RDM.

Example 2: Player 3 decided to start stabbing Player 4 and kills him in the process. Player 4 reports him and says it is RDM. Player 3 tries to justify this by saying he
doesn't like Player 4's appearance and that he deserved it. This is also classed as RDM

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:

"Metagaming" refers to the act of using out of character knowledge to make decisions that your character would not have access to.

Example 1: There is a mugging at Westfield Mall enforced by Larry. He adverts MUG drop 3k and Barry the PCSO sees this advert and drives from NCA Base down to look for this mugging and sees it taking place at the mall. Barry arrests Larry and says he seen the mugging from the PD which he did not. This is metagaming as Barry acted upon the mugging advert and did not see it take place originally.

Example 2: Bob types in OOC, "Robert, come to Leslie ill give you a MK19 " SC0-19 Officer Jack drives from SC0-19 Base to Leslie and finds the weapon exchange. Jack then goes and weapon searches both Robert and Bob and finds the weapons on them. He then arrests them for possession of an illegal firearm. Jack broke the Metagaming rule.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP is where players are expected to prioritize their character's safety and act accordingly when faced with dangerous situations. This can include complying with demands from hostile characters or avoiding unnecessary risks.

Example 1: Jerome is being mugged by Jeff and Beff. Jeff adverts Mug, Beff assists. Both of them pull out XM8's and point them at Jerome, demanding the 3k. Jerome pulls out his Glock-17 and starts retaliating which isn't allowed as he was under gunpoint by 2 people. Jerome broke FearRP.

Example 2: Player A was kidnapped by Player B who had Player A at gunpoint. And Player A complied with all orders until negotiations started and ended. Player A followed the FearRP rule.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:

"Cop baiting" refers to the deliberate provocation of government personel in order to create conflict. Cop baiting typically involves actions that antagonize the authority of police characters within the game.

Example 1: Garry is driving past a Police Constable and calls him a corrupt little pr*ck. He keeps doing so until the Police Constable retaliates in which he flees the scene.

Example 2: Johnathan is commiting minor crimes such as punching citizens, punching cars, knifing wheels infront of a Police Seargant. He waits for the Seargant to chase him with his tazer so he can then have reason to pull out his gun and kill the Seargant.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:

Discrimination is the act of treating someone differently or unfairly because of what they may stand for or do.

Example 1: Jerry is doing a Police Cadet tryout. There are two Cadets. Jim, and Jeff. Jerry says to Jim, "would you like a cadet training?" Jeff says to Jerry "can i have one too please?" Jerry says no because your name is Jeff and i dont like people named Jeff. Jerry is discriminating against Jeff because of his name.

Example 2: Leon is doing a TSUPT interview. Meady the CI asks for his interview and Leon says, "No, youre welsh" Leon is discriminating against Meady because he is Welsh and not because of his policing skills.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would tell Dave it is against rules to commit crime against NHS and when carjacking he must advert anyway. I would then let him off with a verbal warning as it seems he didnt know that. If he says something like, "I know but its funny" I would give him a warning instead.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would go to the logs to see if there was a hit placed. If so, i would let him go with a warning due to the fact he still killed 3 other people in the car bombing. If he didn't have a hit anyway, i would ban him for MassRDM.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first tell James that he is not allowed to open a gun store on the pavement as it is now against server rules. I would then ask if he had a KOS sign on his base. If he says yes i would still warn him for a fail base as it was on the pavement. If not, i would ban him for MRDM.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would tell Bobby that he has already been warned not to do a Base Raid as there is a PD meeting on. And since he still didnt comply with that order, i will warn him for Obstruction.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I know you should choose me as i am a hard working person who thrives on making things right at all times and I will definitely be a good representative to young people in the moderating community. I know how to de-escalate situations and i am good at rule following, hence, the lack of warns.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

Instead of going straight to bothering another staff member, i would check the staffing handbook to look for an answer to my situation first. If i cannot find anything on there, i would then go to a mentor.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

I do not.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

My activity on this server.
My determination to make things right.
I can handle stressful situations that others may not.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

I may be a bit too nice on some occasions.
School from 7:55 - 4pm and Football training on a tuesday from 4:30 to 6pm
No prior staffing experience.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I want to become a staff member because. I want to help the other staff members in enforcing the rules and add my own skills to the staffing department. Aswell as I think I can do a very great job too.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

Nope.

Have you received any help when creating this application?

No

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?

Absolutely

I have really tried to improve my reputation over the last 2 weeks and I hope you can consider me in the staffing department and trust i can do a good job and can learn from certain experiences, despite my age.

Last edited:

MysticCaravan

Staff Member
-1 mabye you have changed but you are hardly on the server and if you are it’s usually being a minge

meady

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member
-1 mabye you have changed but you are hardly on the server and if you are it’s usually being a minge
Idk if we are different time zones or whatnot but I'm always on the server lol its acc kinda sad. And about minging can you go into a bit more depth please?

flx

Neutral
I haven't had an issue with you personally, other staff's opinions may impact this decision though, will put another one in after more opinions get put in here.

OP2TRAPPY

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
+1

Fun person to roleplay with and I feel like he would be a good staff member

Neutral / +1

A fun person to be around. I've seen them on the server quite a bit. Involves themselves in organizations like NCA. Applications alright.
Although I do agree with Mr Miyagi, you can be a minge and take some stuff way too seriously sometimes (not all the time tho atleast :)).
I am deciding that I am Neutral although leaning to the side of a +1 because of this.

meady

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member
Neutral / +1

A fun person to be around. I've seen them on the server quite a bit. Involves themselves in organizations like NCA. Applications alright.
Although I do agree with Mr Miyagi, you can be a minge and take some stuff way too seriously sometimes (not all the time tho atleast :)).
I am deciding that I am Neutral although leaning to the side of a +1 because of this.
Hey thanks for the comment. Can you elaborate on the taking this too serious please just for future reference. Thanks :)

Mozzie

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Senior-Admin
Staff Member
+1

Active member of the community, great and nice guy, follows and has a good understanding of the rules of the server. Think you would be a good staff memeber!

meady

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member
+1

Active member of the community, great and nice guy, follows and has a good understanding of the rules of the server. Think you would be a good staff memeber!
Thanks Mozzie :)

22millz

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Not had decent interactions with you,
Bit too young for staff and sometimes immature

meady

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member
Little too young for staff and immature!
Hi, thanks for the comment. I understand this is what you put on my last staff app, and since then, I don't think ive seen you once. I have put the effort in to change my reputation on the server in which i dont think you really should give me a minus 1 considering i havent seen you at all since my last staff app. However, its ur opinion and i respect it. Thanks.

Burketon

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
This time, I am happy to +1 your application
You have made a real effort to improve your roleplay, and reputation on the server. And for that I applaud you.
I look forward to seeing you on the staff team.

All the best,
Burketon

meady

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member
This time, I am happy to +1 your application
You have made a real effort to improve your roleplay, and reputation on the server. And for that I applaud you.
I look forward to seeing you on the staff team.

All the best,
Burketon
Thank you, Burketon :)

Godlez

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
+1 great guy, friendly, knows the rules a decent amount.

jakey

Staff Manager
Head-Admin
Forums Manager
Graphics Designer
Staff Management
Staff Member
Accepted

Please contact myself or Sky1ne to arrange a Staff Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom