Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Meadys staff application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Meady
1.2: How old are you? 13
1.3: Do you have a working microphone? yes
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? Started playing about a year ago for a month but I left for a long time and Ive been playing constantly since for about 3-4 weeks.
1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:5987539
1.7: What is your Discord? meadyman
1.8: References (if any)? N/A

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM stands for "Random Death Match." It refers to the act of killing another player's character without any valid in-game reason or without adhering to the established rules of engagement within the roleplaying scenario.

EX1 - Jeff the Assassin has walked up to Jimmy the Citizen and killed him because he felt like it

EX2 - Tom the Cat goes up to Kyle the Citizen, and stabs and kills him with the knife given to the Cat role and says, it is allowed because he spawns with it.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:
metagaming means using info from outside the game to make decisions inside the game.

EX1- Riley the citizen is talking to Adam the Police Sergeant in a discord call and tells him that someone has killed him and tells him to arrest him which Adam proceeds to do.

EX2 - Callum adverts he is selling guns illegally and Adam the Police Sergeant sees this and says over the radio to SCO19 to shut it down, which is then does get shut down.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: Fear RP means acting realistically scared or threatened when your character is in a dangerous situation.

EX1 - If your character is held at gunpoint by 2 other players, you should comply with their demands instead of acting brave and trying to fight back

EX2 - If a group of players approaches your character with weapons drawn, you should show fear and take appropriate actions to protect yourself, such as fleeing or surrendering.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples: cop baiting refers to intentionally provoking law enforcement officers or attempting to lure them into a situation that could lead to their arrest or engagement in a conflict.

EX1 - Garry is driving past a Police Officer and tells him he is a tw*t. The Police Officer then sets up a chase for that car and chases it down.

EX2 - Ioan keeps committing minor crimes to attract a certain police officer to provoke him then when the officer snaps, he flees the scene.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples: Discrimination means treating people unfairly because of who they are.

EX1 - Not hiring someone to the PD because of their characters race.

EX2 - Refusing to Hire someone to Riverside RP Staff because of their age 🙂

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would tell Dave that its is prohibited to commit crime against NHS and issue a Verbal Warning to him as it seems he didn't know that.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would check the logs to see if the part of a hit was correct. If not, i would ban him for Mass RDM but if there was a hit i would warn him for killing 3 other people.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would ban james for mass RDM as he has killed many people

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would teleport Harry to me to make sure he does not keep raiding and i would tell him that he is not allowed to commit any major crimes while PD are in a meeting as they are unavailable.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

You should choose me over other applicants as i am hard working and ready to learn and i am always trying to bring justice to the server with reports etc.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

I would ask for assistance from another staff member.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

no

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Activity
Respond Time
The ability to teach other people.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
I am prone to getting annoyed
my age if you want to go there.
school from 7am - 3:30

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
i want to become a staff member because i want to make this server great to the best of my capabilities and help others out.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
no.

Have you received any help when creating this application? no
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? yes.

Neutral/-1

I like most of the application, but 3.1 is lacking WAY too much detail.

Cheese

Staff Member

Application is really mediocre. Little bit of a minge ingame. Too young to be a staff.

Application is really mediocre. Little bit of a minge ingame. Too young to be a staff.
i try to keep it short and sweet and i cant change your opinion about me but, i dont think there should be such thing as too young if your dedicated in doing the job correctly. just saying. (y)

Last edited:

Jon

Neutral

Sections

2.5 (Example 2)

And 3.5

Are lacking quite a lot of detail,

However my interactions with you in game were positive, you were not immature from my experience atleast,

While yes your application lacks a lot of detail, i believe you COULD become a staff member in the near future (Just as long as you don't let the power get to your head)

Bobness

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member

You're fun to roleplay with, you're not too mingy which is good. But you're too young and the application was very lacking. I apologize

Benny

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member

I don't think you're quite ready for a staff position yet. You've been a bit mingy at times and don't seem mature enough for such a role. Additionally, you could put more effort into your application.

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Benny

Mozzie

Mozzie
Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
As Benny has said above, I don't believe you are ready to join the staff team quite yet. I've seen you be fairly mingy sometimes! Also your application just looks very average to be honest. I recommend building yourself a more positive reputation on the server and putting more effort into your application before re-applying.

Thanks, Mozzie.

Speedy

Event Manager
Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Denied
Please Improve your reputation within the Community and in game, also some areas of the application do seem to be lacking information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom