Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Jimothys staff app

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Must have played Riverside for at least two weeks.
- Cannot staff another server (conflict of interest).
- Access to Discord.
- A working microphone.
- Clear understanding of the rules.

Other rules:
- Do not copy your application from a previously written one.
- Do not mention other communities by name.
- Style your application so it is easy to read.
- If your application is denied you may re-apply in one week.

Do not advertise your application in any way! This includes sending the application to members of the community and/or staff and sending links in the server chat.

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Jimothy.
1.2 How old are you? 13.
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Technically I played on riverside I believe 2 months before now but I only played riverside about 2 or 3 times when I first came on and recently started playing more.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes.
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:563861577.
1.7 References (if any)? None.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM is Random Death Match and it is performed when someone shoots or stabs someone on purpose without adverting "mugging" or "kidnapping" etc. Example 1: Jimothy walks up to someone and gets killed with no advert. Example 2: Jerry is walking around with a knife and someone carjacks his car but he blows it up and then kills the person.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR is New Life Rule and it is where you need to pretend you forgot everything within the last 15 or so minutes like who killed you, if someone has a bomb or gun etc. Example 1: Bank raid. Two people billy and bobby are inside the bank raiding it but oh no here comes the 1 police thats on. They come to the bank get killed and then come back (without asking for perm to come back in OOC). Example 2: You get killed on the street and you go back to where you were and kill the person that killed you. Not only is this breaking NLR but also RDM.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP is where you are held at gunpoint no matter your job and must comply with every action you are given (except drop police stuff as police or bombs and a jihad and also dont do ERP things thats naughty). Example one: Jerry returns from his RDM ban as he has done RDM several times and got banned for it. He walks over to someone, pulls out his gun and adverts "kidnapping. strips of weapons and comms" but someone (the guy hes kidnapping) pulls out their gun and kills jerry. That is very nice FearRP isnt it? The person gets a verbal warning for breaking fearRP and life goes on. Example 2: Someone is getting mugged and complies with the 5k they are being mugged for. Good victims do exactly that. Comply and follow FearRP.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is the fear or hate of homosexual people and is often the cause of people being rude to homosexuals. Example 1: "yo jerry are you homosexual?" to which Jerry replies yes. The person responds "I hate homosexuals! I hope you die!" Example 2: Someone knows jerry is a homosexual and goes up to him and starts harassing him about him being gay and not having rights. this is also homophobia.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism can be the discrimination of another colour of people. Example 1: Jeffrey says in /advert or // (/ooc) N***a after dying to a player model that is black. Example 2: Joe starts harassing a person that said they are black to joe. Joe starts MRDMing that person due to the colour of their skin.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring both people and ask joe what happened on his side of the story then ask William then check logs. Logs say William did advert but did indeed steal an ambulance. William gets a verbal warning as you may not commit crimes against NHS or their vehicles. I return William and take Joe to his ambulance.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I will first of all check logs to see if he adverted PD raid and then I will see where Joe was and where William was. If William was not in PD then he will be warned (or banned) for Att RDM and possibly MRDM.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Bring them both ask what happened explain that you cant go back due to NLR and MUST advert and also state you cannot build a base on the pavement as a drug dealer and then take action for failure to advert and NLR.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Bring joe tell him a PD meeting is taking place and says no major crimes which involves PD and bank raids, hostages and terror attacks.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I believe I'd be a good staff as I do remind people of rules sometimes anyways or cooldowns n such.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? I would see if there were any other staff or staff of a higher rank if not ask what to do in staff chat.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? No but I was almost a game maker / game master in a star wars server.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: I can be very active. I keep myself updated with rules. I know the RoEs for police as all (or most) staff do.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: I have to go on NCA for a bit not so much NHS but I do go on it and I do have to go on police. I do go out from 1 PM - 5 PM til 6 - 8 PM most days. (not rn as im isolating). I can sometimes forget one or two rules while on but these are mostly minor rules but I still try and follow them.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I think I can help stop rule breakers as the other day I saw a guy RDM, no colide his car, car minge etc (staff did end up getting him into a sit). I also think I can be a very active staff member and help enforce the server rules and remind people of the rules like assisting and stuff.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes.
edit 1: put can instead of is for racism.
edit 2: instead of in example 2 for homophobia where it says “being a homo” has been changed to “being gay”

Last edited:

Jackie

Senior-Admin
Staff Member
0+
Neutral. I've seen you on the server once or twice you seem kind. It's just your rep and application that kinda is making it neutral. You say racism is discrimination against another colour of people. Yes, it can sometimes be colourwise but that's not what race is. Doing the sit where a Jihad basically MRDM'ed in the police meeting, yes if he didn't know then I guess it's ok but if not then ban.

+0 Neutral. Only reason not given you Plus one is because i think you are fairly new and only recently started seeing you around on the server. I've had a few meetings with you where you seem respectful and on the server for the right reasons. You seem to know the rules, i think you should be accepted just keep the application open while you build you rep up because i think you will make great staff just not very known yet

+0, Never seen you, cannot give an opinion
Joshyyy I have met you on the server (you may have forgot cause I am kinda forgettable) while on NCA and other jobs (I was one of the NCA that saved you yesterday)

Attachments

• wow.png
    wow.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 2
+0 You seem like a great guy from the limited interactions I’ve had with you, however I haven’t seen you on that much which makes me believe you might not be active enough.
great app never the less.

Seen you quite a lot, Must be me coming to your situations. You're friendly and know the rules so +1

For more context as well the last time I played 2 or 3 months ago before dunwood I got arrested by undercover NCA and hadnt played until last week or the week before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom