Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied pandaK's Staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.1: What is your in-game name? pandaK

1.2 How old are you? 14

1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes I do

1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Joined 24 March 2021

1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes

1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:0:584570474

1.7 References (if any)?
Ask for further information

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
Random Death Match, the process in which someone randomly kills another player or players (up to 3 before it becomes classed as MRDM) with no roleplay reason. One example is a gun dealer shooting someone for jumping on their car and not requesting them to move on or no other roleplay communication. Another is a police officer shooting an unarmed civilian walking down the street who disrespected them.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
New Life Rule, the method of which realism is brought into the server where deaths result in a person becoming a "new" person and thus forgetting previous information and not being able to return to the location of death within 5 minutes of the death occurring. One example of someone breaking this rule would be a firefight between 2 rival gangs and a member of gang A dies and returns to back up his team mates. Another example of breaching this rule would be someone being carjacked, killed in the process and returning to try and get their car back from the person or calling the police to get them arrested.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is when you as a player are showing real emotion of fear in game, thus making it realistic. This is when you are outnumbered by armed players in a situation. One example of this is a robbery where you have a firearm but 2 people armed as well are telling you to drop your weapon and do as you are told, this is realistic and would be seen as an "impossible" situation and not realistically won, thus needing to drop the weapon and do as they are told. Another example is someone being chased by police and the car breaks, they leave and 3 armed officers jump out and tell you to stop running and do as they say, it would need to be followed.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is the process of someone or a group of people acting rude, biased or inappropriate towards people who are homosexual, this could be done in the form of slurs or bullying. An example of this is someone using terminology inappropriate towards the homosexual community and thus bullying or harassing them due to this. Another example is the process of discrimination such as denying someone access to a group such as the police force due to their sexuality.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is similar to homophobia in the sense of someone or a group of people acting rude, biased or inappropriate towards a group of people or person who falls under a specific racial group, this could be a different group to their own or the same one. This is normally shown in methods of inappropriateness such as bullying and using racial terms towards a member of the community. Another example is discriminating and not allowing certain ethnic groups to do certain things in the server or being used as "slaves" etc.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would approach Joe take him to somewhere more private (a rooftop), ask what has happened and gain his side of the situation, from there, as he is a member of the NHS, there is still an issue here, committing a crime against the NHS by stealing his car (D10). I would explain this to William while he is alone and explain that the issue at hand is the stealing of the NHS vehicle. I would move on from here by first bringing William and asking him if he was aware of what he had done and if he was aware of the particular rule (theft of NHS vehicle), depending on his answer I would explain the rule to him either way and say that even though he did advert carjack, he stole an NHS vehicle which is against the rules. I would then depending on how William has taken this information either allow him a verbal warning and hope that in future he understands and learns from the mistake or warn him if he was aware and just did it as he needed the vehicle. I would also recommend him to re-read over the rules and make sure he is confident with them and if he has any questions to feel free to ask. I would then return them both to their original locations and apologise to William for the inconvenience.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would first take Joe to a private area and ask him for information of what he believes happened, ask him where he was standing and ask if he has any evidence of this. I would then look at Williams kill logs with who the 6 people were and if they were government and if they were likely to be involved with the PD raid, this is to ensure the advert was not a coverup for a MRDM situation. From here, depending I would bring William and ask him what had happened and if he was aware he killed Joe, it is likely to have been crossfire or involved with the PD raid however if not, I would request evidence from both sides, if neither have any, there is not a lot which can be done. If there is, I would review and make my decision from there. I would recommend them both to be careful in future and be aware of any crossfire or being situationally aware of any adverts or expected raids nearby and to stay away if you don't want to be hurt by crossfire.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would take them both somewhere private, ask them both what has happened and get to the current situation of knowing this information above. I would then explain the rules which have been broken in this situation. 1) building on the sidewalk not as a hobo. 2) Failure to advert raid (assuming a lockpick was needed). 3) NLR when William dies and returns with a gun. 4) RDM when William returns and kills Joe and sells the drugs. I would explain that a number of rules were broken. I would tell Joe that he needs to remove the base he has built and explain the issue here. I would warn William for RDM and Failing to advert a raid (assuming a lockpick was involved). I would then recommend them both to re-read over the rules and ask if they both had any other issues and if they understood what happened etc and how I came to that conclusion.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring Joe to a private area and explain that he has breached the rule of B14 No Major Crimes while a PD meeting was in place, thus causing what he has done to be Mass Random Death Match. I would then Ban him for this. I would then apologise to William and the people that were killed in the meeting for the inconvenience and explain that steps have been taken and he has been dealt with according to the rules.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I believe I should be chosen due to numerous factors, I believe that I should be a member of the staff team as I would be seen as a fair, just member of staff who treats all people equally, no matter what role they posses. I also think that my previous experience would help here as it would show how I can utilise ULX and how quickly/efficiently I can resolve issues. I could represent the community on a good standard giving the staff team and community a good name. One major advantage I posses is that not only can I give a joke but I can take one too so wouldn't take offence to things said ingame by people. I also have a good strong knowledge of the rules so therefore I could be accurate and effective when warning, kicking and banning (giving punishment and enforcing the rules). I also believe my background currently in real life scenarios would help as I work as a dog handler and regularly deal with issues and keep a calm manner and ensure situations are dealt with appropriately keeping all members of the situation calm and happy at all times.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would request some assistance from another member of staff using staff chat and ask them for advice or if they have come across something similar, if there was no staff available or online or they did not know either, I would use my best judgement and attempt to resolve the situation following the guide and my previous experiences.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, I have a large amount of experience staffing servers, particularly Garry's Mod, I used to manage a community on Police RP 2019-2020 working my way from being a Trial Moderator to shaping it to how it was in 2019 when I resigned after being the owner for a few months. I worked in the management of the community for a long time and the server had an average of 117 players on at any one time with a staff team of around 30 active members. Before that, I have worked as many different positions since 2013 when I worked on a top server for a year.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Efficient at my job
Professional Standard
Communication through voice and chat

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
My actual job causing random hours on and off, however I am regularly playing the server
Work training which can be a week at once which could be discussed with head administrator etc
Usually I am senior staff so may be a challenge to get used to

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I miss a lot to help people and make the server amazing. Also I love the experience to be a staff member.

Thank you and have a good day/evening

Last edited:
EDIT:
Pros:

- Extremely detailed and well-written application
- Good knowledge of rules
- (If true) good experience
Cons:
- I am not too familiar with you, would have liked to have interacted with you
- Just saw the 27 warns
- Concerns raised over ban evasion

Last edited:

fzn

I have some concerns with you.

You were banned at some point on your main account, and after noticing suspicious activity from another user, we found that user had the same IP address as your main, therefore you were ban-evading. You were ban evading on multiple accounts too.

you have 27 warns
you don't know how to roleplay
you minge
you don't understand simple rules

-1, you got blacklisted in PD then proceeded to evade your blacklist by going on another account and I haven't had great interactions with you in game.

fzn

Heres the actual logs, you came on the server on four (4!) different steam accounts
2021-08-14_13-38-46.png

-1 hardly ever seen you on hasn't been the best roleplayer and clearly cant be trusted with the amount of warns you have

Denied, it must be a coincidence that none of the three accounts play at the same time and that once you have begun to use your main account again, none of the other accounts have yet to join back. You have a vast amount of warnings, which conclude me to the belief that you have minimal knowledge of the rules, or the fact that you choose to not follow them - any of which is something that I don't want on my staff team. You may reapply in 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom