Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Dave Carter's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Must have played Riverside for at least two weeks.
- Cannot staff another server (conflict of interest).
- Access to Discord.
- A working microphone.
- Clear understanding of the rules.

Other rules:
- Do not copy your application from a previously written one.
- Do not mention other communities by name.
- Style your application so it is easy to read.
- If your application is denied you may re-apply in one week.

Do not advertise your application in any way! This includes sending the application to members of the community and/or staff and sending links in the server chat.

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Dave Carter
1.2 How old are you? 18
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? 2-3 months
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:599874939
1.7 References (if any)? Alex Carter

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM is Random Death Match which is where a player kills another player for no reason.

For example; If jeff calls Jim a silly billy and jeff kills Jim.
For example; Jim is AFK in spawn and Jeff kills Jim.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR is New Life Rule which is where you cannot return to a situation or place when you have just been killed at that place

For example; Jeff is participating in a Bank raid and is killed by Jim who is a member of SCO, Jeff respawns and goes back to the bank raid in order to kill that member of SCO.
For example; Jeff is making drugs and is raided and killed by Jim, Jeff respawns to go back to kill Jim.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: Fear RP is when a player must value his life.

For example; Jim is held at gun point by Jeff, Jeff proceeds to pull out a weapon and kill Jim
For example; Jim is waiting outside the PD for his friend, Jeff walks up to the car with a gun and orders Jim to get out of the car, Jim ignores this and drives off whilst a gun is pointed at him

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is the hatred or prejudice of someone who is gay/lesbian/transgender etc

For example; calling someone a "faggot"
For example; RDMing someone in game just because they support LGBTQ+

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is the hatred or prejudice of someone who is of different ethnicity/religion etc

For example; Shouting the "N-word" at someone just because they are black
For example; calling someone a "jew" as if its a bad thing using it as an insult

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would tell William that it is against the rules to steal an NHS vehicle and therefore I would warn him for stealing an NHS vehicle

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would firstly check to see if William did advert raid. If he did i would inform Joe that William is allowed to kill him during a raid however if not then i would ban for Mass RDM

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Firstly I would Tell Joe that as a drug dealer he cannot build sidewalks. And I warn William for failing to advert raid, NLR and RDM

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would Ban Joe for mass RDM because no majors are allowed during PD meeting

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
Because get on well with the community, I am fair and am a good listener

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would ask a higher member of staff for help so that i can learn from what they know

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Not on Gmod

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
I am knowledgeable
Understanding
mature

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
I am afraid of failure
I may struggle to be active during weekdays
I'm can sometimes be too lenient

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
Because I would like to make Riverside a better place Rping also, I want everyone to enjoy themselves as after all we are all here to have fun, furthermore i would like to be given an opportunity to staff on a Gmod server

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

Neutral
Although I dont see any problems with your staff application, I haven't seen you on the server much

-1/+1 Neutral- Haven't seen you on the server many times, but that may just be myself. But the few times I have seen you on, you've always been a fun person to be around.
Easily could become a +1 if I see you on the server more though :)

+1
Normally on with me
Good Interactions with new members and returning members
Active in Departments

Easy to talk to

Neutral
Application is not the strongest but I have had good interactions with you before.

Neutral
Personally i haven't seen you in-game much
maybe try interact with others a bit more

parks

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
Denied.

Please improve your activity in game and become more of a well known player for the right reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom