Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Hondo's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?

Hondo
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
Played before shutdown, rejoined 14/08/21 :)
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:588353886
1.7 References (if any)?
Stazi ❤️

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

Random Deathmatch is the term used when someone has killed someone without any valid roleplay reason. (e.g killing someone in spawn)

Example 1: Joe (Custom Job) comes out of spawn and shoots a police officer that is patrolling on the sidewalk.

Example 2: Jason (Terrorist Private) was arrested, when he was released he hunted down his arresting officer and killed him on sight.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

New life rule is the term used when someone returns to the same location after dying within 5 minutes, or returning to the same rp situation after dying.

Example 1:
Micheal (Master Thief) adverted "Bank Raid" and was robbing the bank, he was then killed by someone countering. He returns back to the bank to get the money bags, and proceeds to shoot the person that countered.

Example 2: Matthew (Taxi Driver) was being chased by the police for speeding. Just as he was about to be arrested he pulled a knife and got shot. He returns back to his car shortly after.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP is the term used when someone does not fear their life. (e.g a person is outgunned and does not cooperate)

Example 1: Charlie (Citizen) is trespassing in pd, while under gunpoint by 2 officers he proceeds to run.

Example 2:
Connor (Police Sergeant) is getting kidnapped by three armed men, he pulls out a submachine gun and starts to shoot them.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

Homophobia is the term used when someone does not like / is disrespectful to people apart of the LGBTQ+ community.

Example 1:
Tommy (Police Commander) arrests someone because they are LGBTQ+

Example 2:
Tyler (Judge) sentences someone for 10 years, because they opened up to being LGBTQ+

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Racism is the term used when someone is disrespectful to someone because of their race or beliefs.

Example 1:
Oliver (Gun Dealer) tells someone to go to hell and that they should kill themselves because they are a different skin colour.

Example 2: Oscar (Roadworker) adverts in chat that all asian people should be exterminated because they are not needed in this world.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

After claiming the sit that Joe made I will bring Joe and inform him that I will be investigating the situation by checking logs and ask for any video evidence. Once I see that William did in fact advert carjack and lockpicked the NHS vehicle I would tell Joe that he did advert, however he committed crimes against the NHS which is forbidden. I would bring William, and tell him that you can not commit any crimes against NHS. If Joe wants him warned, I would issue William a warning for "Crimes Against NHS". I would then return them both and continue my duties as a Trial-Mod

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
There are many scenarios possible here, so I will assume they both were inside the Police Department.

I would start off with checking chatlogs if William did advert PD raid, if he did I would tell Joe that he was simply a victim of a PD raid and that he should keep an eye in chat more often to prevent sits like this. I would return them both and continue my duties as a Trial-Mod

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

My first action will be telling Joe that he cannot build on the sidewalk as a Drug Dealer, and will give him a verbal warning for this, unless repeated offense. I would then proceed to warn William for NLR since he returned to the same location after dying. I would inform them both of the rules they broke and return them.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important to
pics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring Joe to a sit and tell him that he has just committed a major crime, while there was a pd meeting which is not allowed. I will warn him for "Bombing while no majors"

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

You should chose me because I have a clear understanding of the rules and always follow them, never intending to break them on purpose. I also have a big interest for Riverside roleplay as I play here almost all day, everyday, which means I will be SOD quite a lot, actively claiming sits. If I become staff this will obviously be a big benefit for the server because there will almost always be an active staff member online issuing punishments and helping others when needed. I have come pretty far in the departments I play on, namely Police, NCA & Terrorist and while playing others really like me for how I am and because I don't ruin their rp experience, rather make them better in most cases. I am also really friendly to talk to, and you can ask me anything, whether it be a simple question about anything on riverside, or anything you might want to know about me. I will always help everyone in the best of my ability with the knowledge (and evidence if in sit) I have. I will always be fair and never be bias, e.g not punishing my friends or alike. I am also very active on the forums and discord servers, which is good to see in a staff member, and my grammar is also really good. I am also honest about my mistakes, I will not deny any mistake I have made, and I will not complain if I get punished.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

I would firstly ask in admin chat, and if I don't get any immediate response I would refer to any staff handbooks, if this too fails I will look thru the discord server with the CTRL+F function and see if anyone had a similar situation. If I still do not have an answer I will trust my gut and issue a punishment or verdict that I think would make the most sense.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

I do not have any experience being staff on any active gmod servers, however I have been staff on discord & minecraft server, and I think Riverside is a great place to start.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

My professionalism
My seriousness
My activity
3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

School starting soon
Game frequently crashing (Need to fix it)
People that have no intent to rp or follow rules can sometimes make me a bit annoyed
3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I want to become a staff member because I really like helping people and punishing rule breakers, I believe becoming staff on Riverside will allow me to become a better person overall, and I have a lot to teach others and want to learn from others too. I enjoy my time on Riverside and would like to support it in any way possible, I think I can improve other's experience on Riverside by being a great staff member.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes

-1 (I do appreciate the effort in your application)
Nothing personal but this is just my experience with you;
You demand all sorts of FailRP things through asay (@) such as "TP me to X, Heal me so I don't have to go to the hospital" which gives me the impression you don't understand the duties of a staff member.
You've also been terrorising players with your advert spams you claim as "not knowing where your binds are", yet you did this once every 5 minutes.

You've also recently been banned for autoclicking in the platinum area, joking (and I quote), "who says im not using aimbot" which gives a pretty negative impression.

I personally deem you unfit for staff, basing my opinion on my previous experiences with you, your behaviour within NCA, during RP while I'm SOD or you in the discord channels. (I could back this statement up by asking around in the staff team)

I'm sorry, but this is just my opinion, not something personal, like I said before.

Thanks,

Neutral
Highly Detailed application, and you're incredibly active, I just have a number of concerns.

As mentioned above, you've asked Staff to misuse staff perms for HP and Armor Several times, which gives me concern that you may misuse it when staff.

I also have concerns that your primary reason for making this application isn't to assist the community, but is just for the title of Staff. My reasoning being your consistent asking for promotions in Departments such as PD and NCA.
While this is only my personal opinion and I could very much be wrong, it has lead me to form a pretty solid opinion that you're only in this for the rank.

The above 2 concerns are either opinions or relatively minor, and one could easily be corrected with the proper training, so senior staff can take my thoughts as they please.

Last edited:
-1 (I do appreciate the effort in your application)
Nothing personal but this is just my experience with you;
You demand all sorts of FailRP things through asay (@) such as "TP me to X, Heal me so I don't have to go to the hospital" which gives me the impression you don't understand the duties of a staff member.
You've also been terrorising players with your advert spams you claim as "not knowing where your binds are", yet you did this once every 5 minutes.

You've also recently been banned for autoclicking in the platinum area, joking (and I quote), "who says im not using aimbot" which gives a pretty negative impression.

I personally deem you unfit for staff, basing my opinion on my previous experiences with you, your behaviour within NCA, during RP while I'm SOD or you in the discord channels. (I could back this statement up by asking around in the staff team)

I'm sorry, but this is just my opinion, not something personal, like I said before.

Thanks,
Hi thank you for your reply. I called a sit maybe once or twice to be healed because I got missclicked or similar, I dont do that anymore. I wouldn't say I terrorize players with my adverts either, it was just in the beginning when I was getting used to my binds, which was 1 or 2 weeks ago I don't really remember. Yes I was banned for autoclicking but it does not reflect my capabilities or professionalism as a staff member, and I know what I did was wrong and I won't do it again. The aimbot thing is just jokes, many people make them. I also do not really know what you mean with my behavior on NCA, most of the stuff I do there is just respond to calls and protect the (Deputy) Prime Minister, you can ask others in NCA, I'm really professional while on Principal Protection. Once again thank you for your reply.

Neutral, leaning towards -1
Highly Detailed application, and you're incredibly active, I just have a number of concerns.

As mentioned above, you've asked Staff to misuse staff perms for HP and Armor Several times, which gives me concern that you may misuse it when staff.

I also have concerns that your primary reason for making this application isn't to assist the community, but is just for the title of Staff. My reasoning being your consistent asking for promotions in Departments such as PD and NCA.
While this is only my personal opinion and I could very much be wrong, it has lead me to form a pretty solid opinion that you're only in this for the rank.

The above 2 concerns are either opinions or relatively minor, and one could easily be corrected with the proper training, so senior staff can take my thoughts as they please.
Hi Scott, thanks for the reply.

I can assure you I won't misuse / abuse staff commands.

I really want to help the community, I don't know what you are on about asking for promotions. I know cooldowns barely get broken, and I don't ask for promos. Recently the most I have asked for is a T-SUPT interview in NCA.

It just doesn't make sense if I am making this just for power, unlike other people. I am really active and dedicated to the server as you probably have seen, so I really do not understand what you mean by me wanting to be staff for the power.

Hi Scott, thanks for the reply.

I can assure you I won't misuse / abuse staff commands.

I really want to help the community, I don't know what you are on about asking for promotions. I know cooldowns barely get broken, and I don't ask for promos. Recently the most I have asked for is a T-SUPT interview in NCA.

It just doesn't make sense if I am making this just for power, unlike other people. I am really active and dedicated to the server as you probably have seen, so I really do not understand what you mean by me wanting to be staff for the power.
Hey Hondo,

As I said it is an opinion, and id love nothing more than to be proven wrong.
I've changed my leaning -1 to a pure neutral, and hope that you can make me look like a paranoid idiot when you prove me wrong.

Hey Hondo,

As I said it is an opinion, and id love nothing more than to be proven wrong.
I've changed my leaning -1 to a pure neutral, and hope that you can make me look like a paranoid idiot when you prove me wrong.
I won't make you look like a paranoid idiot. I don't think you are and I do understand your points, and I will not let you or any others down.

+1 Would be a good staff member imo. Very detailed application. Friendly attitude towards players

For what I have seen

I'd like to inform you that I'm more leaning towards a neutral with the reasons Scott0705 has provided because I think I may have worded myself a little too harsh.

+1

Although as others pointed you may have done some other things, I know that you can also be professional and friendly if you want to and I believe that Hondo should get a shot for staff. About the auto clicker ban, in my opinion, I believe that it is wrong and that you shouldn't have done it but it didn't affect any player's experience negatively except you gaining money while afk. (I'm not implying the ban shouldn't be taken into account.) I've also seen you on the server quite a lot and if you keep that activity up and keep the trolling down, you'll probably be a very good staff member. If anything, trial-mod is still a trial rank and any abuses can lead to instant demotion.

+1

Although as others pointed you may have done some other things, I know that you can also be professional and friendly if you want to and I believe that Hondo should get a shot for staff. About the auto clicker ban, in my opinion, I believe that it is wrong and that you shouldn't have done it but it didn't affect any player's experience negatively except you gaining money while afk. (I'm not implying the ban shouldn't be taken into account.) I've also seen you on the server quite a lot and if you keep that activity up and keep the trolling down, you'll probably be a very good staff member. If anything, trial-mod is still a trial rank and any abuses can lead to instant demotion.
Thank you, I will do my utmost best to have a professional standard.

+1 very chill dude rp nice speaks nice english and has good microphone knows the rules and im sure he will do well as staff

+1

Although others have said some negative things, however with the correct guidance and mentor (hopefully me) you’ll be set to go.

+1

Although others have said some negative things, however with the correct guidance and mentor (hopefully me) you’ll be set to go.
Thank you a lot. I will never deny any mentoring, and I am sure you are a great mentor.

+1, seems to be one of the most active members of the community, I have had good interactions in game with you and you application is very detailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom