Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied bobi's staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Must have played Riverside for at least two weeks.
- Cannot staff another server (conflict of interest).
- Access to Discord.
- A working microphone.
- Clear understanding of the rules.

Other rules:
- Do not copy your application from a previously written one.
- Do not mention other communities by name.
- Style your application so it is easy to read.
- If your application is denied you may re-apply in one week.

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
bobi
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?

1640291988022.png
time played is 240hours
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
yes
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:440890194
1.7 References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM is shorter of Random DeathMatch which can be explained as killing someone without a valid rp reason.
Examples:
1. P1 goes arround with a weapon he sees P2 in the middle of the street and kills him.
2.P2 respawned went to get a weapon in search of P1 to kill him for revenge sees P1 and kills him.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
New life Rule which means that you can't return to a roleplay situation before waiting for the 5 mins required.
Examples:
1.P1 is mugging P2, P2 kills P1 then P1 comes back and kills P2.
2.P1 is a police officer. P1 tried to arrest P2 for carjacking P2 kills P1.P1 runs back to the situation and arrests P2.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FeaRP means that you have to fear for your life when holded at gun point by 2 or more people.This doesnt apply if you had a gun out before the other people.
P1 and P2 are SCO19 they patrol in the same car. P3 tries to carjack a police car P1 and P2 get out of their patrol car and point their firearms ar P3, P3 pulls out a gun and kills them.
P1 and P2 are crimminals, P3 parks in front of mall P1 and P2 point their guns at him and they tell him to get out of the car, P3 drives away.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
homophobia is the fear of the homosexuals
Examples:
1.P1 calls P2 F***ot
2.P1 calls P2 a queer

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is discrimination against someone becouse of their race.
1. P1 calls P2 the n-word
2.P1 is a gun dealer and doesnt want to sell guns to P2 simply becouse of his ra
ce.

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
1step. Bring joe to a building and i will explain to him that he adverted after i checked. 2.step i tp to William i will get him out of the car then give the car back to nhs. 3.I will Bring William to a building and explain to him that this is not allowed and check his warnings if there are other warnings for that i will warn him for "Crimes Agaisnt NHS" if there arent and he is new i will jail him for 2mins and tell him to do !motd and read the rules while he is in jail.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I will bring Joe and William to a building roof if William was raiding the pd and adverted i will just bring him back.2.If William wasnt in the PD i will ban him for MRDM 3. if he was PD raiding but didnt advert i will warn him for fail to adverted(only if im sure his intentions were to raid the pd and not jsut mrdm).

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Joe is a Drug Dealer he is not allowed to build on the side walk i will explain that to him, he has the right to kill William becouse he is in his base.William will get warned for NLR, FTA, RDM + a cooldown ban for 1 day.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I will explain to William that the meeting hasn't started yet and that the bombing was allowed.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I belive that i should be chosen over other applicants becouse I'm very dedicated to the server, I have a lot of free time since online school and covid,I enjoy staffing,I am unbias,I am proffesional when its needed and I try to be friendly to people so no one feels uncomfortable when talking to me.My abbility to change from "having fun" to proffesional very fast if needed.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I will call another staff member to help me or contact higher members of staff.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, but not in gmod.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Free time,Friendly,Unbias

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Team working, Being always on time,Perfectionism

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I've been apart of this community for 4 mounths and i want to be able to help and see it grow and make people feel more comfortable playing in the server.And make sure everyone feel comfortable to call an admin for a question or wathever else they need for staff.

Have you received any help when creating this application?No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?Yes

Last edited:
+1
Very active on the server
Great knowledge of the ruleset
Mature person on the server

I think you'll be a great member of Staff Bobi :)
-Jordan/Clooty

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Team working, Being always on time,Perfectionism
i ment that im not good at being on time and teamworking!!!!

Last edited:

Jon

1.5 blatant lie difficult to understand you doesn't know common English words gets confused between ban application and ban appeal

examples of 2.2 and 2.3 are very unclear and difficult to read

2.4 makes no sense doesn't describe what homophobia is examples also aren't the best

2.9 the advert stated no major crimes a bombing is a major crime plus even if the meeting hasn't started it still is a meeting which doesn't allow major crimes,

3.2 and 3.5 very interesting strengths and weaknesses

overall terrible grammar and spelling isn't fit for staff you should improve your grammar and spelling cause it is crucial for staff.

due to the information you have provided in your application makes me un-eased, for example:
Example Questuons:

you have provided short answered and some of that can be a good sign however I would like to see wow and information for you to paint a picture and to tell me that you understand the rules and that you haven’t on this occasion.

As soon as that advertisement has been advertised it means no major crimes shall take place as they’re a meeting scheduled/ongoing, it doesn’t mean it only becomes in to affect when it’s started.

Weaknesses

If you have a weakness that you can’t be a team player then what’s the point, members of the staff team are top tier best of the best, and we all help out where and when we can, if you have a weakness and you can’t be a team player then what’s the point in being a lone soldier?

Reactions: Jon

Almost every interaction with this person has been negative. He's more of a "memer" than a "staffer" in my opinion!

Denied - you are very active, but we would prefer to wait a while longer before considering accepting your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom