Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Sky1ine's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky1ine

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Sky1ine
1.2 How old are you? 17
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Roughly Mid 2019
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:149159392

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
Random Death Match (RDM) Is where a player kills another player without a valid reason.

1. Jim sees a police officer get out of his police car. He had stolen a car half an hour ago and shoots the officer. This would be classed as RDM

2. PC Tommy is standing inside bank, 2 thieves walk in and shoot him and rob the bank, this is failure to advert along with RDM

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
New Life Rule (NLR) Is where a player returns to an RP scenario after being killed.

1. Chris gets raided by a gang and he gets killed, He returns to his base after changing jobs to a gun dealer and buying a gun. He kills one of the gang members. This is NLR, RDM and Self Supplying.

2. Someone has adverted PD raid and an Inspector has turned up and got killed by the raiders, He respawns in again and starts to shoot at the raiders again.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is where your life is threatened to an extent of death and you have to follow what people say as you are either outnumbered or overpowered.

1. PCSO Tom gets a gun pointed at him by 3 gang members that have adverted kidnap, they tell him to get in the car but he pulls out his taser and tases one of them. This is Breaching FearRP and should be reported to PSD for taser rushing.

2. SCO-19 have cornered a male that robbed the bank, they are all pointing guns at him. They tell him to face the wall, he faces it and pulls out a gun and kills one of the officers.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Hemophobia is where a person discriminates against someone's sexual preference.

1. Commander Tim is holding a PD meeting, At the end where promotions are being handed out, Bill is due his promotion as he is overdue on his cooldown, he has been very active but Tim decides not to promote him and says that people like him don't deserve higherup roles.

2. Johnny is getting raided, The raider gets killed but comes back with another gun and starts calling him homophobic slurs, This is breaking NLR along with homophobia.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is where someone discriminates against someone's race.

1. Sam has been promoted up to Inspector, Mark is annoyed because he didn't get promoted yet he has been inactive, he goes on to say in the meeting: "Why has that n****r been promoted over me.

2. Luke and Callum are raiding a base, they manage to kill the owner, they start shouting at him through game chat when they kill him telling him to get back to his own country.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring both parties up to a sit, I will ask William if he knows that you aren't allowed to steal NHS vehicles, If he doesn't know I will make sure he reads over the rules and tell Joe that if it happens again, to request another admin and that I will later warn him as he is now aware of the rules.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring both parties to a sit and ask Joe what he was doing at the time to make sure that he was involved with the PD raid in some sort. If so I will explain to Joe that he has Adverted PD raid and that he is allowed to kill people whilst doing this raid to a limit. If he was not involved with the PD raid I will warn William for RDM.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring both parties to a sit and let Joe know that he is only allowed to build on the sidewalk as a Hobo. I would warn William for RDM and let him know that he has to advert raids, I would only give him a verbal warning for this since Joe isn't allowed to base there anyways.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring both parties to a sit and ask if Joe was aware that there was a PD meeting going on and was adverted, If he says he was aware then I would ban him for Mass RDM, If he wasn't aware then I would warn him.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
As mentioned below, I have previous experience in a serious roleplay community. This gives me a leg up over other applicants because I have been in roleplay servers before as staff with similar rules, players and roleplay. I am dedicated towards this community which also gives me a step up above other applicants because I will be on for upwards of 6 hours a day on the server and will be able to help people at late times as I normally stay on towards the 2am mark.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
If I was in a complicated scenario where I didn't know a possible rule etc to warn someone under, I would ask another admin through discord or admin chat ingame, If not possible I would refresh myself with the rules. If I still didn't know how to deal with the situation I would let them off with a verbal warning if no staff are able to come and take the sit over, Once staff would be available I would ask them to run me through how to deal with a scenario as such.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, I was a moderator at a popular CityRP server for 4 months, I was unable to get to a senior position due to me not having a microphone at this time, Through this I learned how to deal with lots of complicated scenarios and complicated people. This gives me an advantage over some people who haven't got the experience of staffing on a serious rp server.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
I am very friendly towards people, I have experience with moderation and am very active within the community and willing to help where I can.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
1. I sometimes overcomplicate scenarios
2. I often forget some things.
3. I have a bad microphone but will be getting one in the future.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I do my best to help people as I was pretty much clueless when I first came into DarkRP/PoliceRP, Being able to help people by making their experience on the server more enjoyable makes me happy. I have been playing on this server since mid 2019 until it closed, Over this time I have made myself known in the community, Being staff will let me communicate with even more people and help them when needed.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes

Last edited:

Sky1ine

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Accidentally submitted this whilst writing, Editing and will add another comment when ready for review.

You as a character, from what I have heard and seen, do not match Riverside's view and qualities of a staff member.

Plus one. Chill dude and I feel like you would fit the staff team.

(-1/+1)

Lacks detail in section C. While I have not had any problems with you in-game, I am not 100% confident you are ready for staff yet.

More detail needs to be put into Section C of this staff application.

Sky1ine

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Thank you all for the feedback, Not too sure if I am allowed to add more onto the application, as I do feel that I rushed the end part due to me accidentally submitting it and having a wee bit of a panic. If anyone can let me know if I am allowed to do so I will edit it with more detail, Thanks.

fzn

Yeah you can edit your app anytime.
Thank you all for the feedback, Not too sure if I am allowed to add more onto the application, as I do feel that I rushed the end part due to me accidentally submitting it and having a wee bit of a panic. If anyone can let me know if I am allowed to do so I will edit it with more detail, Thanks.

Sky1ine

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Edited with more detail for section C, Thanks.

-1 I feel like with 2.9 people could easily lie and say they didnt see and they would purposely MRDM and get away with a warning...

Sky1ine

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
-1 I feel like with 2.9 people could easily lie and say they didnt see and they would purposely MRDM and get away with a warning...
Thanks for the feedback, I myself have not been in a situation such as this because I have never bombed anyone and the previous server I was in didn't allow this sort of roleplay at all, I Assume that I would be shown the punishments for situations like this.

parks

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
Denied.

Please try to get more known within the Community ways of doing this are, Posting on the forums, talking in the discord, or becoming a higher up in a department.
Also, it took you a good few edits to get your application to the basic we look for in applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom