Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied RealSkengman's Staff App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? RealSkengman
1.2 How old are you? 18
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Since early 2021 (Idk the exact date not gonna lie)
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:189844760
1.7 References (if any)? Kieran, Legal Lee 3rd St Saint, Piers Morgan

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM is the act of killing without any reason in doing so.

Example 1: Jordz kills Squidward immediately after he leaves spawn for calling him skinny and malnourished.
Example 2: Cian calls Fzn a fat midget in which Fzn in retaliation kills Cian immediately.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR (New Life Rule) means that, upon death, that very individual must start their new life accordingly, so basically a "fresh start" in other words. They cannot hold any prior RP knowledge/recollection of prior-events that took place in their old life. Furthermore, it implies that players must not return to the same area/situation/zone in which they died within a certain time post-death which is 5 minutes, once they have died they must wait 5 minutes until they can return back to that area if they wish to do so.

Example 1: Razza starts a Bank raid, Jer kills Razza inside the Bank Vault. Then Razza decides to comes back straight afterwards and kills Jer during his previous raid.
Example 2: Jackie Chan is an NCA Chief Inspector and he gets shot in the head after responding to Jewellery Raid and he decides to trot back to attempt to kill the armed suspect who had initially killed him.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is the rule that implies that a player must hold value upon their life, as they would in real life. Hence, they should co-operate with armed criminals and obey their commands, and not make life-threatening moves when under threat, or do anything you wouldn't do in a situation like this in real life as it is deemed unsuitable or unrealistic to do so.

Example 1: Trappy is being held at gunpoint by King ET & Sodaman. Trappy pulls out a gun and kills King as well as Sodaman
Example 2: Jordz is being kidnapped while being held at gunpoint by Squidward & Dale. Dale instructs Jordz to go inside their base then Jordz, decides to however, run away.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is when a group or individual dislikes or acts prejudice against gay people in particular or towards the LGBTQIA+ community.

Example 1: Richard Hammond decides to stab Paul K to death because they have just stated that they are gay.
Example 2: Aaron decides to purposely target a minority because they openly stated that they are gay.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism takes many forms and can happen in many places. It includes prejudice, discrimination or hatred directed at someone/group of individuals because of their colour, ethnicity or national origin.

Example 1: Squidward decides to mic spam the N word/hard R in retaliation to being arrested by Bruce Eagle.
Example 2: Jordz decides to constantly target a group of people because they are a different skin colour just because they made fun of his appearance.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
At first I would inform him that he must not steal NHS vehicles. I would, on a first occasion, issue a verbal warning if he didn't know about the rule of Crimes Against NHS. If the issue persisted/carried on I would then proceed to issue a warn (Crimes Against NHS) and NITRP (No intent to roleplay) as he has disobeyed my instructions and failed to read !motd.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would immediately check advert logs to confirm that William did advert PD raid and make sure to see if Joe checked chat. I would check (if possible) where the murders happened to ensure that they were actually valid, and apart of the PD raid making sure that they were within the vicinity of PD meaning inside the entrance. In terms of punishments I would issue him with a verbal warning if he didn't know of the server rules fully ensuring he reads the rules by typing !motd in chat however, If he didn't advert PD Raid then I would ban him for 5 weeks for MRDM.
2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would inform Joe that he cannot build on the sidewalk, unless you are a Hobo. I'd then issue a verbal warning for this happening, if it's a first time occurrence or if he genuinely didn't realise what he had done, if it persists i'd issue a warn. I would then warn William for FTA (Failure to Advert). However, since Joe broke NLR (New life Rule), I would also issue a warn to him then tell him to read the rules of the server !motd.
2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would issue him/her a 5 week ban for MRDM due to the fact that he RDM'd 10 people and at this point he's a Jihad so he/she has been in the server for a decent amount of time therefore, he/she should be fully aware of the server rules as it states when you first join to "Read the server rules" so there are no excuses here.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I personally believe you should choose me over all other possible applicants as I have the true dedication, discipline and maturity required to perform to the best of my ability as well as having a pretty good understanding of what it means to become a Staff Member. Furthermore you should choose me because I do have a clear understanding of the server rules and I make sure I'm doing my best following them always, for those rules I have broken in the past I did not intend for those to happen and as humans we all make mistakes from time to time and it's part of our human nature it's how we adapt to overcome and to move on in life, although I understand people may still see me as a troll but that is behind me in the past now and I believe I have learnt my lessons. Following on from that I believe I'd be a great Staff Member as I'm a friendly face and I'm online a lot of the time and keeping morale is one of my great qualities as an individual I always never fail to impress, If somebody is feeling down I'll be there to make sure they're alright and if they need anything they can always pop up in my DM's, as always I'm always happy to help regardless of the situation. Following on from that I've come fairly far in some departments to name a few, In NHS I'm a Deputy Chief Paramedic currently, In the MET I'm currently a Chief Inspector (Ex Commander) Ex CSUPT within SCO-19, Ex LM Godfather and a Chief within Terrorists, and lastly a Professional Standards Officer just to add onto that. All of these positions have taken me some time to achieve which has required discipline, maturity, a great level of activity and good communicationional skills without this I wouldn't of been able to progress and make it to a fairly good point where I am currently. As a Staff Member I will be Fair and just, never biased towards anyone not picking sides regardless of how long I have known the individuals for i.e If I see a fellow colleague/mate of mine I won't let him off of an RDM just because we're good pals/mates I'd still warn him/her regardless of the situation. Just covering it again I'm quite active on Riverside and on the discord servers (mostly on discord If I'm not at college or work) which is clearly a key ingredient for a Staff Member, adding onto that my punctuality is exceptional I never turn up late for any meetings (PD, SCO, NCA or Terrorists) unless I have been called elsewhere otherwise I'm always at meetings on-time or early. With regards to my behaviour in the past I understand it's controversial and many hate and despise me you have every right to I must admit I used to be quite annoying and a bit of a "troll" you could say however, I have changed slowly but surely I have improved drastically and I am a very helpful person who can and will attend to the needs of those who request for my presence as I have displayed numerous times throughout my time on Riverside.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I'd quickly ask an available admin in chat If I don't get a response I'd read over any Staff Booklets, If this results in the same out come I'd resort to DM a Senior Mod and if that fails as well I'd have be be just, and go with my gut and give the fairest punishment going by my knowledge and understanding so far basing it off of previous punishments I have seen being handed out by other Staff Members.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes (This one)

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: I am extremely dedicated, active and mature

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
1. I do have college 4 Days a week however I can fit SOD time into small slots whenever I can.
2. I'll have work on the weekends (Not all the time) however I can do evening SOD time (6-9 Onwards).
3. Sometimes I can often snap at people who push too many of my buttons.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to become a Staff Member due to the fact that I do spend a lot of time on the server and I have become a familiar friendly face, and I'd like to further dedicate my time to being an exceptional Staff Member once again so that I can be there for others when they need my assistance and to help those in need and to just be there as support during times of need or desperation. If I do become Staff this new position can further better myself as an individual overall and can help improve my mindset and my attitude towards Riverside and possibly my attitude in my daily life. Not only that but supporting others and making sure I myself, can produce/provide the best possible RP Experience for them, this alone would make my day great knowing that I am Indeed benefiting the community greatly.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
(Learning/behavioural difficulty) Borderline ADHD (yes it's a thing) However I have learned to stabilize it as it was quite a severe case a while back.

Have you received any help when creating this application? None
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes.

+1 For The Following Reasons:
- Skeng Is Ex-Staff And Did Great At It
- Great Knowledge Of Rules
- Great Fit For Staff Team
- Good Rep
- Good Attitude

Keep Up The Good Work And Also Good Luck ⚜️Legal Lee⚜️

Denied, I suggest if you want to become staff you don't run around mic spamming. You may prove to me over the next week you deserve another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom