Welcome to Riverside Roleplay!

Join us today!

SignUp Now!

remove SCO-19

Desann

The only real thing you can do is lower the firerate or damage, and either one would make the AR stupidly bad unless it has extensive testing
Then wouldn't switching it for the g3 just be as bad, because the g3 is a bad gun

Desann

The thing as well is, if you get rid of sco then when LM and T are on, there arent any departments that can fight them. PD have to deal with the amount of lower level criminals on the server, and padp have to protect officials and they're not really a counter terrorism department so having sco works for times when those other factions are on because those factions have their own gun dealers. I think it would be more balanced to have sco only respond to bank and PD raids along with AFO and also only respond to situations with bomb threats, T and LM. AFO can then respond to other armed situations were like one person has a gun or something.

Guy Everyone Hates

Can you suggest ways to improve it instead of just saying "Remove it because I don't like it"
Was on holiday at the time why tf so many replies

Anyway, a few ways to improve.

Keep a constant cap on the total amount of SCO-19. Priority of whoever goes on SCO-19 should be higherups first then lower ranks - if SCO-19 higher ups like filling up all the slots causing no one new to join SCO-19, they can do that.

SCO-19 honestly have no purpose due to the current state of the server - the only people who can get guns are T and London Mafia Gun Dealers, and both of those regiments seem to have vanished a fair amount - for anyone to get any decent guns (not WW2 guns or a pistol with shit fire-rate and insane recoil), they need a T and LM Gun Dealer. From what I have heard, the prices of guns for both of them are fairly high.

The Improvement: Re-implement the NPC Gun Dealer, with similar prices as before - people's money will get run down very quickly since PD's guns are fairly powerful, and they do have god tasers.
Although I see why the legal gun dealer was introduced, the guns just aren't good enough to do anything with - there needs to be a balance between realism and fun.

SCO-19 seem to just be better PD at this point - they can suddenly do traffic stops when "PD numbers are low", they also possess tasers and respond to every event.
Improvement: Remove tasers from SCO-19 - if they cannot stop someone unarmed and no threat, they shouldn't be doing it - gives PD some purpose. As well as this, no matter what, SCO-19 would be unable to perform traffic stops and may only take part in chases if the person is confirmed to be armed - this used to be the rule but now it just seems SCO take part if they drive on the wrong side of the road for more than a second.

SCO-19 use their guns far too often, especially in car chases if they are unable to catch the suspect.
Improvement: This is a fairly simple improvement - the higherups need to start getting it into their heads that guns are actually used when someone also has a weapon. If someone tries to hit you with a car, I can understand the logic that shooting the car's "tires" (the fucking car in general) would be the safest route, but if SCO-19 were instead equipped with spike strips (they might be and just don't use them I wouldn't be surprised), they would be able to non-lethally take care of the vehicle.

In the case of a suspect who is unarmed - SCO-19 just shouldn't respond at all, and in the rare case they just "accidentally" walk into the suspect, weapons should not be pulled out. Running after them would be great, but just pointing guns at them isn't too realistic ngl.

Sidenote: Zack mentioned that there would be a big issue that half of SCO-19 left PD to focus on SCO-19. I don't see how it's an issue - it was unwise on their part and although I believe they shouldn't be able to do it, they can always rejoin PD and work their way up the ranks :). Reinstations should not take place - they left on their own volition and it's clear they didn't want to rejoin.

Cadets are not being trained, because most PD ignore them, and SCO-19 think they are above training cadets.

Improvement: Make it first priority to train cadets, then respond to situations - failure to do this will result in demotion. SCO-19 should take training cadets as second priority (there's a perk for them). I feel that ignoring cadets is worthy of a demotion because the server is fucking dying - this is because there are no new players, as they just wait for a trainer for like 40 minutes - 2 hours, then leave because holy shit who would want to wait that long for an ingame training.

Drills make SCO-19 boring - it's not StarwarsRP or MilitaryRP.

Improvement: Remove drills lol

These are all the improvements I can think of off the top of my head - presented in a (hopefully) easily digestible way.

Zack

Forums Manager
Management
Staff of the Month
PoliceRP Senior-Administrator
Jailbreak Junior-Administrator
Staff Member
SCO-19 honestly have no purpose due to the current state of the server - the only people who can get guns are T and London Mafia Gun Dealers, and both of those regiments seem to have vanished a fair amount - for anyone to get any decent guns (not WW2 guns or a pistol with shit fire-rate and insane recoil), they need a T and LM Gun Dealer. From what I have heard, the prices of guns for both of them are fairly high.
The reason that is the only people that can get guns is because when RP_London cam out T & LM was meant to be the main criminal organisations, but I do see your point in that you can only get decent guns when an LM or T gun dealer is on. There is another suggestion to bring back the "normal" gun dealer job so if someone on the server doesn't have an LM or T gun dealer whitelist people can still get guns.

Cadets are not being trained, because most PD ignore them, and SCO-19 think they are above training cadets.
I also see your point with the cadet situation, it's a police RP and when people are coming on to be trained as police they can't because PD inspectors + can't be bothered to train cadets. The thing is if SCO are training cadets and an armed situation does come in what are they going to do because they can't just leave in the middle of training cadets if PD can't leave in the middle of cadet training why should SCO be. I think PD should just reform the permissions on training cadets and/or just keep an eye on the inspectors + to make sure they are because PD has loads of INS's & CHIEFINS's so why don't they just give out punishments to the inactive/lazy once that won't do their job.

SilenceIsFat

Banned
The reason that is the only people that can get guns is because when RP_London cam out T & LM was meant to be the main criminal organisations, but I do see your point in that you can only get decent guns when an LM or T gun dealer is on. There is another suggestion to bring back the "normal" gun dealer job so if someone on the server doesn't have an LM or T gun dealer whitelist people can still get guns.

I also see your point with the cadet situation, it's a police RP and when people are coming on to be trained as police they can't because PD inspectors + can't be bothered to train cadets. The thing is if SCO are training cadets and an armed situation does come in what are they going to do because they can't just leave in the middle of training cadets if PD can't leave in the middle of cadet training why should SCO be. I think PD should just reform the permissions on training cadets and/or just keep an eye on the inspectors + to make sure they are because PD has loads of INS's & CHIEFINS's so why don't they just give out punishments to the inactive/lazy once that won't do their job.
you say "keep an eye on inspectors" - that never fucking worked. We tried multiple times, even back when mo was comm, and even when parks first got it. Nobody wants to train cadets. Unless it gives you something (Points towards promotions, do 10 trainings get 10 points, you need 20 for a promo, etc) or if you get money/roles for doing those trainings, even then, including me, we just said "I'll get an INS to train you.", only doing it when we couldn't do anything else (Because to be fair, not all INS's were AFO's then, and SCO-19 wasn't as active so we were always doing something)

Desann

I don't think SCO is a bad department, it just sounds like you're sick of getting killed by them all the time when playing as a normal crime. Which I completely get by the way. But I don't think SCO needs to be nerfed. I also don't think there needs to be limitations to who plays on it as well, there are so many lower downs that play SCO and if you start restricting who can play on it (Especialy after going through the training to get to that point) It's going to make a lot of people leave the server.

I think it would help if:

1. The original gun dealer came back (I posted another suggestion in the forums for this) Because this was supposed to make the server more realistic, but crime just ended up getting nerfed while AFO went back to how it was before so it isn't fair on crime.
2. SCO should only respond to PD/Bank Raids, LM and T calls, and also to other armed situations where multiple people have a gun, not just 1 person.
3. I think you should get road spikes from being an SGT + in PD, this will stop SCO shooting cars to stop them and also means PD can make up the cars in pursuit of a non-armed vehicle rather than SCO 19.
4. I don't think SCO should do traffic stops or anything like that too, that's PD's job.
5. I agree with if there aren't as many people on the server, you don't need SCO on so just go as PD. (But if T or LM come on you can jump on SCO)

I also don't think it's SCOs job to train cadets, it's PDs job. TBF to them though there have been so many mingy cadets lately it doesn't make training them fun when you get cadets like that.

SilenceIsFat

Banned
I don't think SCO is a bad department, it just sounds like you're sick of getting killed by them all the time when playing as a normal crime. Which I completely get by the way. But I don't think SCO needs to be nerfed. I also don't think there needs to be limitations to who plays on it as well, there are so many lower downs that play SCO and if you start restricting who can play on it (Especialy after going through the training to get to that point) It's going to make a lot of people leave the server.

I think it would help if:

1. The original gun dealer came back (I posted another suggestion in the forums for this) Because this was supposed to make the server more realistic, but crime just ended up getting nerfed while AFO went back to how it was before so it isn't fair on crime.
2. SCO should only respond to PD/Bank Raids, LM and T calls, and also to other armed situations where multiple people have a gun, not just 1 person.
3. I think you should get road spikes from being an SGT + in PD, this will stop SCO shooting cars to stop them and also means PD can make up the cars in pursuit of a non-armed vehicle rather than SCO 19.
4. I don't think SCO should do traffic stops or anything like that too, that's PD's job.
5. I agree with if there aren't as many people on the server, you don't need SCO on so just go as PD. (But if T or LM come on you can jump on SCO)

I also don't think it's SCOs job to train cadets, it's PDs job. TBF to them though there have been so many mingy cadets lately it doesn't make training them fun when you get cadets like that.
"PoliceRP" not "SCO-19RP" it's not going to make people leave.... it will make them actually want to play to get a higher rank if anything? it will make SCO better as they have to compete at who gets what
I agree with point 3 and 4 tho.

Desann

"PoliceRP" not "SCO-19RP" it's not going to make people leave.... it will make them actually want to play to get a higher rank if anything? it will make SCO better as they have to compete at who gets what
I agree with point 3 and 4 tho.
So do you think all the people who have resigned from PD to play SCO are bothered about gaining higher ranks in PD? If they wanted to do that they wouldn't of resigned.

Top Bottom