Join us today!

SignUp Now!

Remove the need to advert crimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name of Suggestion: Remove the need to advert crimes
Workshop: n/a
Why do you think this should be added? : Many reasons:
Firstly, this server is simply too esoteric. There are far too many rules and this seriously discourages new players.
Adverting a crime is not only unrealistic, but not fun. People are always complaining about how PD are so strong - but are calling them over each time they do something bad.
Here are some reasons:
1. There is already /999 and the phone (which you can call police on). This gives it some use now, instead of someone going "Oh well someone has been taken hostage because the criminal adverted strip weapons and Comms" they will get evidence from witnesses. In a hostage scenario police wouldn't realistically know that someone is being taken hostage until that criminal has made it evident. Advertising this is not only not fun, but boring for the criminals.
2. Major crimes already alert police: Robbing the bank or the PD vault will immediately set off alarms which alert the police. Adverting PD raid as soon as you start lockpikcing in PD throws the enjoyment of stealth out of the window for the criminals and you get a hundred police responding before the armoury has been raided. What is the point of this? None - again it makes criminal harder and less fun.
3. The server is too heavily lopsided on police: Say it's "PoliceRP" but in reality the majority of people are playing criminal. Even so, the police are essentially one huge gang working together. Unless you have god like aim and an AR-15 you do not stand a chance against them. Removing the need to advert crimes not only makes it more fun as criminal, but more intriguing as police and balances it in the criminals' favour a bit. Be honest, people play police to get into fun police chases and tense gun fights. There are moments on the server where I am literally asking in OOC for crimes because it was that boring. By removing the necessity to advert, criminals can commit more crimes and make the game more fun for police.
I believe that a server with less rules is a server which more people can play and enjoy. It actually hurts me to see someone having a good time and then to get some salty kid going "YOU NEVER ADVERTED CARJACK FAILRP" and just ruining the fun.
As a summary: Too many rules makes a server tedious and boring. People don't have fun! Relaxing these rules will lead to more casual and enjoyable RP and make it feel less like a board game and more like proper fun with real people because hey, that's what everyone wants right?
Thanks for reading this, I know it is a big suggestion but I would appreciate if you would consider my points.
If you disagree, don't just -1, give some reason. Same if you agree.

Jon Burton

Reason for adverts are so we can have cool downs, without adverts no cool downs. But I agree somewhat with you, I think we should get rid of some adverting rules (bank and PD raid) but keep PM assas as people need to know cooldown and so PaDP know its a PM assas and not just MRDM.

Reason for adverts are so we can have cool downs, without adverts no cool downs. But I agree somewhat with you, I think we should get rid of some adverting rules (bank and PD raid) but keep PM assas as people need to know cooldown and so PaDP know its a PM assas and not just MRDM.
Fair enough for PM Assas but you can still enforce cooldowns without advertising. PD raid, bank raid, base raid of the same person, muggings (I advert this anyway so the person knows they're being mugged) etc the admins can just check the logs.

Liam Townsley

if possible im sure adverts can be hidden, so it turns into a "dark web" but it's also logged incase staff needs to check cooldowns
but yeah, i agree to be honest
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom