Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Dushene Ham Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? - Dushene Ham
1.2 How old are you? - 18 Years Old
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? - Yes I Do
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? - Been on for a good 6-7 weeks
1.5 Are you fluent in English? - Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? - STEAM_0:0:187257642
1.7 References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM first of all stands for Random Death Match meaning a player is killed without a valid RP reason for example someone coming up to you and either shooting, punching, stabbing you to death for no valid RP reason. Another reason being is you being in a car then a player shooting your car destroying your vehicle and yourself which is counted as RDM

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR stands for New Life Rule meaning that when you are killed (fir a valid reason) you must forget your previous RP/Life and must not return to the area you were killed at. For example you were killed as a thief during a PD raid that you were assisting by an enforcement officer. Another reason is you were raiding someone's house and were killed fair game! The only reason that would be valid enough for you to not use the New Life Rule, is if you were killed without a valid RP reason and spoke to an admin first about it

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP is when you disobey an order from someone when you are out numbered if having a gun pointed at you. A very common example is when you are being mugged by more than 1 person and it is only you alone and you are under gun point, that is probably the most common rule breaking that happens. Another reason can be that you are being kidnapped by multiple people and under gun point but you refuse to listen to any of their instruction or try and kill them

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is when someone taking the mic of someone's sexuality which on this server is a massive no no. There can be multiple examples on a player being homophobic but to keep it short and sweet here are two examples. First one being which i think is the most common one which is when a player is enraged by a certain situation which can cause the player to lash out and to then be homophobic. Another reason can be a player being toxic and trying to ruin other players experience for their own entertainment

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is when someone disrespects someone's belief or their race which can mean them being prejudice towards someone. An example being again someone being toxic and for the player to become prejudice towards other players for their own entertainment and for the joy for them to annoy other players. Another reason can be a player using racial terms to fit his rp character which is definitely not allowed as a job you pick would never give the player the allowance to use racial slurs

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? - I would firstly bring Joe and allow him to explain the situation in as much detail as i can get, which would then bring me to use logs to see whether William do advert. If William did not advert i would then bring him and explain to him that you must not steal NHS vehicles and even if William did advert players are not permitted to steal NHS vehicles. I would them warn William for Failing to Advert, and stealing a NHS vehicle, then would make sure that he understands then simply return them

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? - i would bring them both to a sit and check logs to insure that a PD raid was adverted to see if he adverted or was assisting a PD raid. If combat render was an available option to use I would use that to make sure that Joe was killed within the PD grounds. That would show me whether Joe was killed validly and depending on the outcome William would either be banned for Mass RDM or let go if adverted and valid

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? i I would first verbally warn Joe for building on the side street, failing to remove i would extend the punishment/warnings. I would then check logs to make sure William did advert. If it shows he did not advert i would then warn him for Failing to Adverting, Breaking NLR and revenge RDM, I would then jail William so he can spend some alone time looking over the rules by typing !motd

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? - I would make sure the advert joe made was either before/after the PD meetings, if Joe was found on logs adverting a bombing during a PD Meeting i would ban him for Mass RDM and explain to him why he has been banned and for him never to perform any major crimes during a PD Meeting

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? - I for me to have quite a lot of past experience coming into staffing a server! i find myself being really easy going and insuring that every player that i deal with in a sit gets treated like every other player does. I know that i will make sure that most players leave a sit feeling that they have been dealt with professionally and fairly :)

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? - If i ever got stuck or ever questioned myself in a sit with the decisions i am making i would always try and contact a higherup or a staff member that may have more knowledge than I do

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? - yes I do, I have had quite a lot of past Gary's mod staffing experience

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

Multitasking
Professionalism
Being myself

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

Anxiety
College
Internet - (But i have ordered a new router :))

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? - Because i miss being staff again, i feel like this server would be the perfect fit for me as its rare to not find a really toxic community base/ player base. I just really wanna be apart of the community and help out as much as i can

Have you received any help when creating this application? - No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? - Of course

parks

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
1640124546786.png
This is your playtime in the last 30 days.

-1, inactive, don't know who you are, I would suggest becoming a higher up in at least one department before applying for staff.

+0
I think you're a decent bloke but i dont really see you in game a lot, and would like to see you be a bit more mature in game before joining staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom