Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Matausas Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Matausas
1.2 How old are you? 16
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Since 10/11/2021, so close to 2 months.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:605953082
1.7 References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: Random Deathmatch means killing someone without a valid RP reason.

- Person A kills Person B just for fun.
- Person A kills Person B just because he doesn't like him.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: New Life Rule means when you die you cannot hold or use any RP information from your previous life, like returning to the same RP situation or the same area where you died before 5 minutes have passed.

- Person A raids Person's B base and during the raid Person B dies. Person B immediately comes back while the raid is still not over and kills Player A.
- Person A and Player B raid the bank together. Person A dies comes back and still raids the vault with Player B.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP means that you are in a RP situation where you would fear for your life, like being outnumbered by people holding a gun at you.

- Person A is being mugged and held at gunpoint by Player B and Player C, but Player A pulls out a gun and kills Player B and Player C.
- Person A is being kidnaped at gunpoint by Player B and Player C, but Player A starts running away .

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is treating someone negatively just because of their different sexual orientation.

- Player A opens up to being gay and Player B starts to kill him or call him different homophobic slurs.
- Player B is a terrorist leader and he doesn't allow Player A to join the terrorist because Player A is gay.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is disliking or discriminating someone just because they are of different race.

- Player A learns that Player B is of different race and starts calling him racial slurs and make racist jokes that are offensive to Player A
- Player A doesn't let Player B participate in different events and activities just because Player B is of different race.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

- I would first check all the evidence that I could get my hands on to see if there really was a carjack (logs, videos, witnesses). Then I would check if there really was no advert, if there's not I would warn William for FTA (failure to advert), then I would check William's past warnings and if its his first time committing a crime against NHS if it is I would inform him that its prohibited to commit crimes against NHS and give him a verbal warning. If its not his first time I would also warn him for Crimes Against NHS.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

- First I would check all the evidence I could gather, then I would check if there was an Advert, if there's no advert William would receive a ban for MassRDM, if there was an Advert I would ask Joe where he was when he was killed, if it was in the PD I would explain to him that during the PD raid he has permission to kill him.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

- First I would hear Joe's and William's stories and gather all the evidence I can, videos, logs or witnesses, I would ask Joe to remove his base and check his past warns if he already has warns concerning rule C1, if its his first time I would inform him that its not allowed to build a base on a sidewalk, if its an appearing occurrence I would warn him for breaking the rule C1. Then I would warn William for FTA and breaking NLR.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

- Bombing that killed 10 is hard to miss so I don't think that any evidence checking is not needed. There was an advert made by government official with the appropriate authorization that said no major crimes for a meeting so I think that a ban for MassRDM would be appropriate.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I might not be the prime example of a staff member, but couple of these past days I've been trying to take things more seriously and improve my look. So even if this gets denied ill at least know what I should focus on improving.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? Firstly I would go over information available to me, if still didn't know how to handle the situation I would ask for the higher rank staff member to help me. If no higher rank staff or even other staff members are online I would ask a person making the report to make a Player Report in the forums.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? No

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

- I am (or at least try to be) a good listener.
- I'm an active person (especially during vacations)
- I tend to learn from my mistakes

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

- School
- I believe I would feel under pressure at least at the beginning.
- Sometimes short-tempered.
- I live in a very small town (population of 350 people) so my internet is basically shit + the entire family using it at once, combine that with a very average PC I could be laggy at times.
- Not a great reputation.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

- I want to be a staff member because I want to help people have fun on this server and its hard to have fun when you're getting RDMed, Prop Minged, Car Minged and etc. and I think that enforcing the rules is the best way to do this.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

Neutral
On most occasions you can be alright, however I know myself and other staff members have been having to deal with you on the server for not sticking to the rules. I believe your name has been accusated by other users for harassment, whilst I'm unable to recall if it was properly investigated - history & behaviour is a factor taken strongly in the staff team.

+1/-1
Community seems to support him and know him as a practical jokester.

however the senior admins comment and squidwards shows this lad can be a bit quirky.

+1 because everyone starts out as trial admin where he can be tested in situations.

-1 because people never change they just get better at making people believe they will.

also +1 he seems to know Between work time and play time and I doubt he’d abuse his admin pass since the community says he’s a cool fella

Denied, for now you’ll be monitored to see if you maintain a good level of activity and improve/maintain your performance in-game (in regards to following rules, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom