Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Skengman's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Skengman
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
4-5 Weeks I think (maybe more not too sure don't quote me on that)
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes.
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:211634049
1.7 References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM Stands for (Random Death Match) this is when i.e an individual let's say walks up to someone and decides to stab them and results in their death, this would be considered as RDM as he had no right to kill that player and there was no active sit going on. Another possible scenario of RDM is when let's say there was a Jewellery raid and I adverted /advert Counter and killed the Robber and they then decided to come find me to seek revenge and kill me that would be considered RDM and you have no reason what so ever to kill that individual and it would also be NLR (New Life Rule) no revenge kills.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

NLR (New Life Rule) Is when let's say there is a Bank Raid and you get shot and killed by SC019 during that raid and he/she then decides to come find you at spawn and detain you and attempt to arrest you for a previous crime you committed in your previous life this would be categorised as NLR meaning that you cannot with anything from your previous life for up to 5 minutes after your death. Another example of NLR could be when an Officer dies in a Police Chase they can then not go and return to their vehicle to pick it up as that would be based under NLR once the 5 minutes is of course up then they can collect their vehicle if it is still there.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
Let's say you are kidnapped and you are outnumbered you are to follow their exact commands as you would do irl, for example your car is getting carjacked you wouldn't just delete your vehicle you would either have to /advert Counter or /advert Mug it's up to you and your personal preference how you deal with those sits.
2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is when a group or individual dislikes or acts prejudice against gay people or towards the LGBT community.
Let's say someone hits someone's car by accident and they step out fuelled with rage and blurt out "You little gay cunt" this would be considered homophobia with the excessive use of explicit language. Another example could be if an individual could be coming out in the chat and somebody decides to start blaring out homophobic slurs i.e Fag, Faggot, Dyke, Batty Boy (Demonstration purposes).

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism takes many forms and can happen in many places. It includes prejudice, discrimination or hatred directed at someone because of their colour, ethnicity or national origin. One possible scenario could be that an Officer decides to tase an individual due to the fact that their character is black even if they then turn around and say "Oh it's just a joke I know him" It will still be a warning and will go under Racism, full stop. Another possible scenario can be If there is a PD Meeting and a SUPT decides to force those who's characters skin colours are black to change them to something else such as white this would fall under Racism.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would immediately spectate him then I would freeze him and tp to him and explain that you cannot steal NHS Vehicles I'd then warn him with (Crimes against NHS) and tell him/her to not repeat their actions and make sure they read over the !motd and I'd then return the PDMC to their vehicle.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would firstly ask both individuals where they were at that moment in time and if William being the lad who shot Joe for no reason says that he was outside of the PD Doors I'd warn William for RDM as he actually wasn't physically inside PD at that time I'd then further make sure that William didn't RDM the other 6 people after making sure he didn't I'd tell him to read over the !motd.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I'd fly on top of the Court House roof and bring both Joe and William and ask for both sides of the story's just making sure the facts are correct I'd then warn Joe for RDM and NLR and warn William for FTA and make sure both of them read the !motd so that they know what they're doing once I've finished with the sit I'll return them both to their original positions.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? i'd immediately bring Joe and freeze him and explain to him why do you think I brought you here, If he gives me a silly response I'll explain to him that he has Committed a Major by Blowing himself up during a PD Meeting specifically when it said no majors, following on from this I'd warn him for No Major's and make sure he goes over the !motd so that this doesn't happen again I'd then let him carry about with his day.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I believe you should choose me over all other applicants as I have the dedication and what it means to become Staff. Furthermore you should choose me because I have a clear understanding of the server rules and I make sure I'm following them always, for those rules I have broken in the past I did not intend for those to happen and as humans we all make silly mistakes it's part of our human nature it's how we adapt to overcome. Following on from that I believe I'd be a great Staff Member as I'm a friendly face and I'm online quite a lot of the time and keeping morale is one of my skills I never fail to please, If somebody is feeling down I'll be there to make sure they're alright and if they need anything they can always pop up in my DM's, as always I'm always happy to help regardless of the situation. Following on from that I've come fairly far in some departments to name a few, In the London Mafia I am currently a Trial Caporegime and In MET I'm currently an Inspector as well as TANGO being a Superintendent (Technically not a department but I may count this) these positions have taken me some time to achieve which has required discipline, maturity, activity and good communication skills without these I wouldn't be able to make it to a fairly good point where I am currently. I will also be Fair and just, never bias towards anyone i.e If I see a fellow mate of mine I won't let him off of an RDM just because we're good pals I'd still warn him regardless. Just covering it again I'm quite active on Riverside and on the discord servers (mostly on discord If I'm not at college) which is a key ingredient for a Staff Member, adding onto that my punctuality is exceptional I never turn up late for any meetings unless I have been called elsewhere otherwise I'm always at meetings on-time or early.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I'd quickly ask an available admin in chat If I don't get a response I'd read over any Staff Booklets, If this results in the same out come I'd resort to DMing a Senior Mod and if that fails as well I'd have be be just, and go with my gut and give the fairest punishment going by my knowledge and understanding so far.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Not Gmod Severs but I have Staffed multiple Community Servers such as Roblox Communities (I know) advertising servers and even Royal Marines Training servers for people who are interested in joining we give them tips and tricks on how to pass CTC Catterick Phases.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
1: I'm very active on Discord and quite active on Riverside when I'm not doing college work.

2: I have exceptional leadership skills.

3: I am always professional when on duty as either MET or NCA or NHS or on team as LM I always show exceptional work ethic.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

1: College starting again very soon.

2: Sometimes my frame-rates drop from 29 to 15 so I might lag badly here and there but mostly it's very smooth.

3: If someone continuously aggravates me both on the game and DMs I might snap but I have done well holding it back in my opinion.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I want to become a Staff Member because I spend a lot of time on the server and I'd like to further dedicate my time to being an exceptional Staff Member. If I do become Staff this new position can further better myself as an individual and improve the way I think and my attitude to things in my daily life, not only that but having new responsibilities can set me up in the future and I can put this on future applications which will put me out there above other candidates. Supporting others and making sure I can create the best experience possible for them would make my day great knowing that I'm benefiting the community greatly.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
Minor Help because i did get baffled at 2 questions but that's it.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
I do.

Yours Sincerely, Skengman

+1
have not had much RP interaction with you but you do seem active and like a nice guy.

+1

Decent app. Skengman is really active and knows the rules well. He should be given a chance at staff as he is a really nice and calm person. Would make a great addition

+1 very active, friendly guy, can have a good laugh. Good amount of effort put into application. Deserves a chance

+1

From what interactions I've had with you, you seem like a nice guy and you are pretty active. Don't have much else to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom