Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied RP issues currently found - Suggested fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Whilst playing on the community for some time now, I have found myself becoming irritated as well as less entertained by the server due to lack of "Role Play" on the server, whilst I understand the point in having fun, some good gameplay etc and people enjoying a firefight, I find myself repeatedly having the same problems and seeing the lack of Role Play.

Potential Causes:
No advantages/gain from RP on the server.
Enjoyment from shooting / firefights.
Others not interacting in RP situations (ignoring or choosing not to participate).
Rule issues surrounding RP enforcement or RP in general on the server.

Potential Resolutions:
Enforce more RP on the server.
Change the rules around firefights, FearRP, Police Chases, use of firearms etc.
Try to get staff and higher ups in departments to try Role Play more and interact more in situations to bring RP back.
Increase RP events to a more regular occurrence with plenty of pre-planning.
Increase use of none lethal force including that of spike strips in pursuits.
Allow traffic stops to occur where an unarmed police officer can stop someone for speeding or running a red light and not let the person being stopped just jump out and shoot the police officer.
Stop people being able to just advert anything they want such as "blah blah is undercover" which ruins immersion for some.

Enforce the "PD Raid" cooldown properly and have a command that is done by the person hosting it such as !PDRAID or similar which would advert the PD Raid, reset the !viewcooldowns command for the PD raid and stops people being able to do one every time they "forget" or can't reach the armoury.

Now I can understand that this is a Semi-Serious RP server however that does not excuse the constant amount of firefights and lack of RP that is encountered on the server on a regular basis. A major flaw within the server at the moment is the "PD Raid" which is in all honesty an excuse for people to enter PD and shoot up a lot of officers then to leave with no gain. - I am not saying all people do this, however it does seam this way, not only that, it discourages people from playing as PD as they feel that they will get into the server, spawn, go to PD, get their gear and then if there is a PD raid, they will end up dead, respawn and have to stand around for however long the raid takes, which on some occasions can be a good 20 minutes, this not only kills the activity of PD but kills the servers population for those people who do not have custom jobs or want to just play as police officers, a potential solution as a temporary is sort out the little town PD armoury just as a small fix until London is released.

Arguments that will be raised:
"The server is semi serious, we need these as they are fun, its just a game" - I respect that but this is also still an RP server so some level of RP would be good.
"You are just complaining because you can't shoot or are bad" - I don't deny that my firearm skills on the server are not the best, I am just arguing that I prefer some RP over shooting every 2 seconds, especially if I just wanted to do a routine traffic stop.

As a quote from fzn (my name is not an abbreviation - please don't capitalize it -fzn) - "Whats wrong with actually putting effort into RP? Kidnappings, bases, raids... not just constant firefights that annoy everyone?" - Completely agree, this should help in some way, shape or form.

I am happy to discuss with management any time and help in regards to this. I am also open to numerous ideas and suggestions around this and will alter any suggestions above or add to them if anyone would like.

Many thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
+1
This is the most complete and in depth suggestion to fix the servers problems I think i've ever heard.
Combining some of these suggestions with an update on the servers ageing ruleset would be a great boost not only to community enjoyment, but also to member retention.

BIG +1
Would love to see these changes and I think it would Improve activity on the server even more.

+1
I have to agree with this. The amounts of times you Try and pull someone over and they just hop out and gat you up it ridiculous. There is barely any RP within the server anymore which is a bit saddening when you look back and see what it use to be like.

-1 lmao no one likes serious rp in a game that is meant not to be serious, we play this game to have fun not to do SERIOUS RP because thats not fun just becasue you got killed by a thief doesnt mean server is boring lmao, this is just making pd op af but criminals shit af, this was the concept in rp london where commiting crime wasnt easy and you only had a knife and people didnt like that, if you want serious rp dont play gmod and go to fivem this game is 16 years old and was made as a sandbox game to have fun not to make it serious rp

-1 lmao no one likes serious rp in a game that is meant not to be serious, we play this game to have fun not to do SERIOUS RP because thats not fun just becasue you got killed by a thief doesnt mean server is boring lmao, this is just making pd op af but criminals shit af, this was the concept in rp london where commiting crime wasnt easy and you only had a knife and people didnt like that, if you want serious rp dont play gmod and go to fivem this game is 16 years old and was made as a sandbox game to have fun not to make it serious rp
Hello Squidward,

Just to remind you of part of my initial post "Arguments that will be raised" - I stated both of these points of not being serious and not that I am complaining because I am "bad at the game" etc.

Also again, quoting previously mentioned by management themselves - "As a quote from FZN - "Whats wrong with actually putting effort into RP? Kidnappings, bases, raids... not just constant firefights that annoy everyone?""

Nor did I say the server is boring, I am just pointing out what could be added to the server to increase "fun" and bring RP into a "RP" server.

Many thanks,

Jon

Hi all,

Whilst playing on the community for some time now, I have found myself becoming irritated as well as less entertained by the server due to lack of "Role Play" on the server, whilst I understand the point in having fun, some good gameplay etc and people enjoying a firefight, I find myself repeatedly having the same problems and seeing the lack of Role Play.

Potential Causes:
No advantages/gain from RP on the server.
Enjoyment from shooting / firefights.
Others not interacting in RP situations (ignoring or choosing not to participate).
Rule issues surrounding RP enforcement or RP in general on the server.

Potential Resolutions:
Try to get staff and higher ups in departments to try Role Play more and interact more in situations to bring RP back.
Allow traffic stops to occur where an unarmed police officer can stop someone for speeding or running a red light and not let the person being stopped just jump out and shoot the police officer.
Stop people being able to just advert anything they want such as "blah blah is undercover" which ruins immersion for some.

Enforce the "PD Raid" cooldown properly and have a command that is done by the person hosting it such as !PDRAID or similar which would advert the PD Raid, reset the !viewcooldowns command for the PD raid and stops people being able to do one every time they "forget" or can't reach the armoury.

Now I can understand that this is a Semi-Serious RP server however that does not excuse the constant amount of firefights and lack of RP that is encountered on the server on a regular basis. A major flaw within the server at the moment is the "PD Raid" which is in all honesty an excuse for people to enter PD and shoot up a lot of officers then to leave with no gain. - I am not saying all people do this, however it does seam this way, not only that, it discourages people from playing as PD as they feel that they will get into the server, spawn, go to PD, get their gear and then if there is a PD raid, they will end up dead, respawn and have to stand around for however long the raid takes, which on some occasions can be a good 20 minutes, this not only kills the activity of PD but kills the servers population for those people who do not have custom jobs or want to just play as police officers, a potential solution as a temporary is sort out the little town PD armoury just as a small fix until London is released.

Arguments that will be raised:
"The server is semi serious, we need these as they are fun, its just a game" - I respect that but this is also still an RP server so some level of RP would be good.
"You are just complaining because you can't shoot or are bad" - I don't deny that my firearm skills on the server are not the best, I am just arguing that I prefer some RP over shooting every 2 seconds, especially if I just wanted to do a routine traffic stop.

As a quote from FZN - "Whats wrong with actually putting effort into RP? Kidnappings, bases, raids... not just constant firefights that annoy everyone?" - Completely agree, this should help in some way, shape or form.

I am happy to discuss with management any time and help in regards to this. I am also open to numerous ideas and suggestions around this and will alter any suggestions above or add to them if anyone would like.

Many thanks,
So what ur suggesting is kill the server, as shown on london as soon as cjs got removed 15 players at peak, guns are a critical part of the server there is no reason to remove guns

Jon

idk what tf ur all saying +1 it legit killed the server on london that was the main cause of the server dying and no income so no motiviation for owners

So what ur suggesting is kill the server, as shown on london as soon as cjs got removed 15 players at peak, guns are a critical part of the server there is no reason to remove guns
Hello Jon,

No where have I stated remove guns or custom jobs, I am just saying to conduct more RP with suggested ways to do it. - Not sure where you got the idea of removing custom jobs or guns from?

Many thanks,

Jon

Hello Jon,

No where have I stated remove guns or custom jobs, I am just saying to conduct more RP with suggested ways to do it. - Not sure where you got the idea of removing custom jobs or guns from?

Many thanks,
whats your suggestion then?

what do you want to add?
Hello Jon,

Once again, there is a full post on this, if you read the part mentioning the resolutions, that is my recommendation of changing. It is not necessarily an addition but a change to the current server methods, not only that, the one main addition I have brought up is the command for !PDRAID or similar which is directly mentioned in the post initially.

Many thanks,

+1
This is probably a good step forwards towards the future of the server regarding the rp aspect of it. Currently this server doesn’t feel like a role play server, more like a deathmatch you spawn kill die, Rinse and repeat.
The server doesn’t have to lose its guns nor Cjs, there are several other servers which still have both of these and inventory systems, yet manage to create an environment made for rp. This can be easily done by altering a few rules or implementing some to prevent some of the current occurrences.

If you want serious roleplay go to FiveM -1 ?
Hi DB Killer,

Are you suggesting that everyone who would like to RP on the server should leave and go play on a FiveM server instead? I just assumed as a staff member (especially that of a high rank) wouldn't be wanting or suggesting this to members of the community.

My suggestion is wanting more RP, not necessarily serious RP, just more RP and a better experience to players. - Yes serious RP would be good but I respect the server is semi-serious.

Many thanks,

+1
Definitely a must with the current state of riverside. Playing on the server would be 10x more fun with a little more rp.

Jon

Daniels Points - Green
My Points - Red

How do you enforce more roleplay though?

Change them how? in what way can you change FearRP you aren't telling anything but just "Change them"

People have lives No clue why you want People who have lives to spend time on the server when they either are busy studying or going to their jobs.

What do you mean Increase more Roleplay events? and with pre planning????

more of a PD suggestion than a server suggestion.

Already a Rule, RDM You cannot do that unless you give said person 3 wranings to back away at that point you can call for backup

NLR if they died, if they didn't die just firm it idk how it ruins ur immersion if it ruins ur immersion its a Garrys mod server its legit like 11 years old, Your suggestion is to add more rules or make the rules more complex even though they are already extremely unclear already.

PS Unban greg, What???????????????? Youre legit staff your job is to enforce rules and Its Breaking Cooldown

Ur all a buncha hypocrites you all do the shit you said should change, for example daniel scott bugzzy and more staff, just go on ur cjs and minge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom