Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied RP issues currently found - Suggested fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

fzn

We've tried the methods of rule-induced roleplay in 2020 when we switched to RP_London. No one liked it and we lost a lot of players.

The issue is that we need to get people to RP on their own, not force them to RP with an overload of rules.

Jon

We've tried the methods of rule-induced roleplay in 2020 when we switched to RP_London. No one liked it and we lost a lot of players.

The issue is that we need to get people to RP on their own, not force them to RP with an overload of rules.
Exactly thats my point

Daniels Points - Green
My Points - Red

Enforce more RP on the server.
How do you enforce more roleplay though?

Change the rules around firefights, FearRP, Police Chases, use of firearms etc.
Change them how? in what way can you change FearRP you aren't telling anything but just "Change them"

Try to get staff and higher ups in departments to try Role Play more and interact more in situations to bring RP back.

People have lives No clue why you want People who have lives to spend time on the server when they either are busy studying or going to their jobs.

Increase RP events to a more regular occurrence with plenty of pre-planning.

What do you mean Increase more Roleplay events? and with pre planning????

Increase use of none lethal force including that of spike strips in pursuits.

more of a PD suggestion than a server suggestion.

Allow traffic stops to occur where an unarmed police officer can stop someone for speeding or running a red light and not let the person being stopped just jump out and shoot the police officer.

Already a Rule, RDM You cannot do that unless you give said person 3 wranings to back away at that point you can call for backup

Stop people being able to just advert anything they want such as "blah blah is undercover" which ruins immersion for some.

NLR if they died, if they didn't die just firm it idk how it ruins ur immersion if it ruins ur immersion its a Garrys mod server its legit like 11 years old, Your suggestion is to add more rules or make the rules more complex even though they are already extremely unclear already.

Enforce the "PD Raid" cooldown properly and have a command that is done by the person hosting it such as !PDRAID or similar which would advert the PD Raid, reset the !viewcooldowns command for the PD raid and stops people being able to do one every time they "forget" or can't reach the armoury.

PS Unban greg, What???????????????? Youre legit staff your job is to enforce rules and Its Breaking Cooldown
Hi Again Jon,

My response to all of your questions are below, please understand that I have recoloured for clarification my responses to your questions are in black, your questions and my previous statements are in blue.

To enforce more roleplay, my suggestion is to allow people to play out situations as they would in real life, lower the amount of instantly shooting people, bring more communication etc. To enforce this, clarify rules (I will bring this up in a latter response) and ensure rules are followed by staffing or an automated system, I am not suggesting this to be an immediate response at all and would more than likely come with RP London.

Change them how? in what way can you change FearRP you aren't telling anything but just "Change them"

I did not specify changes to rules because I did not want to do managements job for them nor did I want to step on anyones toes, I just wanted them to discuss this between themselves or ask me for recommendations at a later date if they wanted. Again, I am not telling them to do anything, this is a suggestion. I just would like them to clear the rules up, as you say, they are unclear enough as they are. - I would recommend clarifying the rules with sub-explanations to help people have clarity of the rules.

Try to get staff and higher ups in departments to try Role Play more and interact more in situations to bring RP back.
People have lives No clue why you want People who have lives to spend time on the server when they either are busy studying or going to their jobs.

Well they have joined an RP server, it is for RP, not just a shootout. My point being if they wanted a shootout, go on a TDM server or something similar. Multiple people have +1 the suggestion, meaning that they would want that.

I mean conduct these more often and plan them in advance to ensure that situations that could happen are prepared for to make sure the best experience is given to the community members.

I brought this up as a more server wide suggestion for people to cause this to happen for PD to then also enforce it internally.

Allow traffic stops to occur where an unarmed police officer can stop someone for speeding or running a red light and not let the person being stopped just jump out and shoot the police officer.
Already a Rule, RDM You cannot do that unless you give said person 3 wranings to back away at that point you can call for backup

I am unsure if this is a rule already as it never happens, it is normally a case of people getting out and shooting, if this is the case, it needs clarifying in the rules as staff do not currently enforce this.

Stop people being able to just advert anything they want such as "blah blah is undercover" which ruins immersion for some.
NLR if they died, if they didn't die just firm it idk how it ruins ur immersion if it ruins ur immersion its a Garrys mod server its legit like 11 years old, Your suggestion is to add more rules or make the rules more complex even though they are already extremely unclear already.

I never said if they died, some people just advert it throughout the day while alive. Again rules need clearing up and making more indepth, not necessarily new rules, just sub clarity.

Enforce the "PD Raid" cooldown properly and have a command that is done by the person hosting it such as !PDRAID or similar which would advert the PD Raid, reset the !viewcooldowns command for the PD raid and stops people being able to do one every time they "forget" or can't reach the armoury.
PS Unban greg, What???????????????? Youre legit staff your job is to enforce rules and Its Breaking Cooldown

Actually the cooldown is only active once they lockpick the armoury, you could do a PD raid and fail but kill everyone then 5 mins later come back and do another because the cooldown was never activated on !viewcooldowns due to the way it is programmed, my suggestion would solve this.

Ur all a buncha hypocrites you all do the shit you said should change, for example daniel scott bugzzy and more staff, just go on ur cjs and minge.
To correct you here, that would be staff disrespect as a starter, then from there, commenting on my own behalf, I do not have a custom job so that is a blatant lie and not only that, I am not staff. So please do not accuse me of not doing my job when I do not even have that job to do.

"Minge" is ironic coming from someone with so many warns.

Thank you for your response though,

Many thanks,

Jon

Hi Again Jon,

My response to all of your questions are below, please understand that I have recoloured for clarification my responses to your questions are in black, your questions and my previous statements are in blue.

To enforce more roleplay, my suggestion is to allow people to play out situations as they would in real life, lower the amount of instantly shooting people, bring more communication etc. To enforce this, clarify rules (I will bring this up in a latter response) and ensure rules are followed by staffing or an automated system, I am not suggesting this to be an immediate response at all and would more than likely come with RP London.

I did not specify changes to rules because I did not want to do managements job for them nor did I want to step on anyones toes, I just wanted them to discuss this between themselves or ask me for recommendations at a later date if they wanted. Again, I am not telling them to do anything, this is a suggestion. I just would like them to clear the rules up, as you say, they are unclear enough as they are. - I would recommend clarifying the rules with sub-explanations to help people have clarity of the rules.

Well they have joined an RP server, it is for RP, not just a shootout. My point being if they wanted a shootout, go on a TDM server or something similar. Multiple people have +1 the suggestion, meaning that they would want that.

I mean conduct these more often and plan them in advance to ensure that situations that could happen are prepared for to make sure the best experience is given to the community members.

I brought this up as a more server wide suggestion for people to cause this to happen for PD to then also enforce it internally.

I am unsure if this is a rule already as it never happens, it is normally a case of people getting out and shooting, if this is the case, it needs clarifying in the rules as staff do not currently enforce this.

I never said if they died, some people just advert it throughout the day while alive. Again rules need clearing up and making more indepth, not necessarily new rules, just sub clarity.

Actually the cooldown is only active once they lockpick the armoury, you could do a PD raid and fail but kill everyone then 5 mins later come back and do another because the cooldown was never activated on !viewcooldowns due to the way it is programmed, my suggestion would solve this.

Ur all a buncha hypocrites you all do the shit you said should change, for example daniel scott bugzzy and more staff, just go on ur cjs and minge.
To correct you here, that would be staff disrespect as a starter, then from there, commenting on my own behalf, I do not have a custom job so that is a blatant lie and not only that, I am not staff. So please do not accuse me of not doing my job when I do not even have that job to do.

Many thanks,
Okay, I have 42 warnings, 97% of which are Outdated anyways thats beside the point, a Minge is someone who constantly annoys other players thrives off breaking rules ignoring rules and more, If you Don't know what minge actually is Please refrain from commenting.

Hi FZN,

I would then recommend clearing the rules up to help make that understandable so that RP does happen whereas at the moment it seams that there are too many loopholes or ways around that. I could be wrong but a lot of "rules" aren't even in writing such as the "PD raid" situation with the cooldown issue that I have raised above as !viewcooldowns overrules when people advert them so if someone does a PD Raid but does not lockpick the armoury, therefore !viewcooldowns never changes so then people can do another raid straight away. It can become annoying.

Many thanks,

Jon

Hi Again Jon,

Many thanks,
You also just want to reinact the Killing of the server during 2020

Okay, I have 42 warnings, 97% of which are Outdated anyways thats beside the point, a Minge is someone who constantly annoys other players thrives off breaking rules ignoring rules and more, If you Don't know what minge actually is Please refrain from commenting.
Hi John,

I mean I have my experience with "minges" whereas I would hope at your age, you haven't. However, I haven't received any form of punishment on the server nor have I done any of what you have said so please, do not accuse that when you initially started the whole argument yourself on this topic.

Many thanks,

Jon

Hi John,

I mean I have my experience with "minges" whereas I would hope at your age, you haven't. However, I haven't received any form of punishment on the server nor have I done any of what you have said so please, do not accuse that when you initially started the whole argument yourself on this topic.

Many thanks,
no the stuff ur suggesting killed the server when Rob implemented it Then fucked off, server never really recovered.

I personally believe some of these things if not most of them should be put in place

most of these a pretty useless, from my time on riverside the rules have been mostly the same with minor tweaks, and it's been fine and enjoyable there will always be ruler breakers, that's why you call staff

you are trying to turn this server into your own server and want the rules specifically tailored to you
you are creating solutions to problems that don't exist
in all my time on riverside, I have never seen anyone complain about things like these

most of these a pretty useless, from my time on riverside the rules have been mostly the same with minor tweaks, and it's been fine and enjoyable there will always be ruler breakers, that's why you call staff

you are trying to turn this server into your own server and want the rules specifically tailored to you
you are creating solutions to problems that don't exist
in all my time on riverside, I have never seen anyone complain about things like these
Hi Eric,

At no point am I trying to make this server into my own, nor am I wanting the rules "tailored to me", it is more a case that I have found issues that I believe are causing annoyance or upset so suggested it to hear back from the community and see if anyone else has had these issues. I wouldn't say it is just me from the number of support this has received.

Your point around rule breakers and staff can help, yes they can however if the rules are not there or clear enough, people regularly get away with things that realistically are questionable or on the edge due to rules not having full clarity to each situation. I am aware that the staff on duty has a final say and can be based on their opinion, you have to remember that opinions are all different, just like this post, my opinion will not in any way ever be the same as everyone else.

I personally feel that some suggestions in here realistically will not change much to the current gameplay other than clear up arguments that take up time or cause "Staff reports" and "Ban appeals" (even warn appeals) as rules would be clearer. Similarly the biggest one here I feel that would help is still the !PDRAID command.

Many thanks,

PHAT + 1 as a current pcso there is very little i can actually participate in without a gun. Therefore an increase of actual rp will make this role far more enjoyable. I currently attempt to pull someone over. They pull out a gun and i just have to fucking peg it.

I would like to add on to my previous plus one.

Having roleplay in the community brings people into the community, when you have that successful police raid or car chase, or even sneaking 5 crates of meth under police noses, or even RP out a proper operation or car accident as such, it makes you feel good on the server. Even as SoD when people are actually roleplaying and having fun it puts a grin on your face when you see people having fun roleplaying an investigation or drug bust. This is why I am currently enjoying being a PSD officer, having all my stuff like the PACE act, and confidential information, being read out and roleplaying the situation as if we were a real police punishment department.

When I first joined this server in March 2021, I remember how new I was to roleplay, and I thought the police was the coolest thing in game. When I found out it only took around 20 minutes to get into the police, I hopped straight onto the Cadet job and got trained. The days up until I was a Superintendent (I am now an Assistant Commissioner) RP was brilliant, but I cannot recall what made the change in the RP, but suddenly it went from feeling like a fun game to feeling like a chore to be active, it is odd, when a lower down and activity doesn't matter unless you want to get promoted, you feel a drive to be active, but the higher you go the more boring it gets. Now RP the last month or so in PD has been great in my opinion, plenty off chases, drug busts & lots of PSD cases that become public interest meaning it's like being in a court case.

Now I do not know what has caused the change but it could be the increase in weapons, and considering it's a British RP where in Britain you barely see firearms and when you do it's a big thing, and normally like a Pistol or Bolt action rifle, not AR-15s and MK-18s. Now removing these guns would also remove the popularity of the server, so I am going to level with anyone reading this, why not add a CCTV system that can be controlled from the Dispatch area in PD, not only would that give more RP to Dispatch, but the server as a whole, because when buying/selling guns you need to look out for theses cameras. It can also add a little aesthetic such as a "Smile, you're on CCTV" sign, that way it will feel just that bit more British.

Now you may think I am just thinking about PD here which, despite being the largest RP thing in the server. Here is a little thing for the criminals, create some sort of county lines or ways to get normal citizens to sell drugs for a fee of about £10,000 or something like that. Or a thing that can help NCA/PD and criminals by adding investigation and trying to find where criminals is based of knifes dropped at scenes or what not, add a serial killer job or such, where every 3 minutes or so they can do "/advert Serial Killing" and when the police find the body (which can try to leave a finger nail or leg or something as human remains) they can scan it for DNA, now I wouldn't mind, no matter how long it takes, trying to make an addon like this which will leave finger nails, finger prints or something like that behind.

For NHS, stuff like sleeping injections or vaccines and prescription drugs or a chemist can be added to improve RP on their end and help the department become more active and less mingey.

However I feel this should only be added when RP_London comes out, as all this effort for possibly the last few months on RP_New_Exton_2, it could be quite pointless.

Thanks for reading.

Jon

I would like to add on to my previous plus one.

Having roleplay in the community brings people into the community, when you have that successful police raid or car chase, or even sneaking 5 crates of meth under police noses, or even RP out a proper operation or car accident as such, it makes you feel good on the server. Even as SoD when people are actually roleplaying and having fun it puts a grin on your face when you see people having fun roleplaying an investigation or drug bust. This is why I am currently enjoying being a PSD officer, having all my stuff like the PACE act, and confidential information, being read out and roleplaying the situation as if we were a real police punishment department.

When I first joined this server in March 2021, I remember how new I was to roleplay, and I thought the police was the coolest thing in game. When I found out it only took around 20 minutes to get into the police, I hopped straight onto the Cadet job and got trained. The days up until I was a Superintendent (I am now an Assistant Commissioner) RP was brilliant, but I cannot recall what made the change in the RP, but suddenly it went from feeling like a fun game to feeling like a chore to be active, it is odd, when a lower down and activity doesn't matter unless you want to get promoted, you feel a drive to be active, but the higher you go the more boring it gets. Now RP the last month or so in PD has been great in my opinion, plenty off chases, drug busts & lots of PSD cases that become public interest meaning it's like being in a court case.

Now I do not know what has caused the change but it could be the increase in weapons, and considering it's a British RP where in Britain you barely see firearms and when you do it's a big thing, and normally like a Pistol or Bolt action rifle, not AR-15s and MK-18s. Now removing these guns would also remove the popularity of the server, so I am going to level with anyone reading this, why not add a CCTV system that can be controlled from the Dispatch area in PD, not only would that give more RP to Dispatch, but the server as a whole, because when buying/selling guns you need to look out for theses cameras. It can also add a little aesthetic such as a "Smile, you're on CCTV" sign, that way it will feel just that bit more British.

Now you may think I am just thinking about PD here which, despite being the largest RP thing in the server. Here is a little thing for the criminals, create some sort of county lines or ways to get normal citizens to sell drugs for a fee of about £10,000 or something like that. Or a thing that can help NCA/PD and criminals by adding investigation and trying to find where criminals is based of knifes dropped at scenes or what not, add a serial killer job or such, where every 3 minutes or so they can do "/advert Serial Killing" and when the police find the body (which can try to leave a finger nail or leg or something as human remains) they can scan it for DNA, now I wouldn't mind, no matter how long it takes, trying to make an addon like this which will leave finger nails, finger prints or something like that behind.

For NHS, stuff like sleeping injections or vaccines and prescription drugs or a chemist can be added to improve RP on their end and help the department become more active and less mingey.

However I feel this should only be added when RP_London comes out, as all this effort for possibly the last few months on RP_New_Exton_2, it could be quite pointless.

Thanks for reading.
was something called staff not taking roleplay more seriously than robert benson and exploiting rules, and old players like beast and pannet were playing which made it alright but now its a bit dead.

Closed
Thanks for your suggestion.

I do agree with fzn's view provided that:

• We have previously tried to enforce rules under a SeriousRP form, however that doesn't work well with the playerbase.
  • I will in the near future, plan roleplay events with Head of Department(s) where necessary, and will try and do these in an exceptional, professional & fun manner.
  • The Rules of Engagement was recently redone. This promotes/enforces using non-lethal forces in a pursuit or just in general.
  • I will have a chat with @Leeroy to see if any rules can be modified, to improve/resolve any issues that you've mentioned. Specifically, I would like to take interest into the concern raised that players on the server are killing officers for 'pulling them over.'
  • Players on the server are not allowed to advert "X is undercover" unless they know the undercover user's name. This can be counted as 'metagaming' which is a rule enforced by staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom