Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Scott's Staff Application (Oh God.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forewarning, So, bet you weren’t expecting this huh?

Now while im aware this will probably be denied, I feel the want to put this back in again for 3reasons.
Firstly, as im pretty sure a number of community members can testify to, I have a hell of a lot more of a chill attitude than I had 2 ish months ago.
Secondly, I did enjoy staffing, and despite how (I guess you could say) bitter I may have been about my removal from staff, I did enjoy it, and would undoubtably enjoy it again.
Finally, a number of people have suggested i put this back in, and have commented on me being a "great staff member" and "a solid bloke" (Quotes, although i cant remember who from)

To put it bluntly, despite my past differences with management, I do see that over the past few months, they’re doing their best, and while I can think of some small ways to improve the server, there’s not much more you can ask of a person or group than their best intentions and full effort, which it’s clear we’re currently getting from management.

Finally, my responses are largely similar to my initial application as my procedure for dealing with sits remains largely unchanged.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this. Any opinions, for or against, would be grand. Cheers folks.

Section A: Applicant’s background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Scott
1.2 How old are you? 20
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yeah
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? 4 months
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yeah
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:103191371
1.7 References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM (random deathmatch) is the killing of someone without a valid RP reason.

Bob kills Dave because he looked at him funny
Ryan kills Brian because he wanted to test out his new gun

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR (new life rule) is the inability to return to the same RP situation or place within 5 minutes of being killed

David is killed in a PD raid, he then returns to the PD immediately, breaking NLR
John gets killed in a mugging attempt, he walks back over from spawn and shoots his mugger

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP is the requirement to follow commands when outgunned and outmanned.

2 Terrorist members try to take a PC hostage at gunpoint. The PC then pulls out his Glock and tries to kill the T members
An LM Enforcer is being arrested by 4 armed officers, the enforcer pulls out his AK and starts shooting at the officers.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is the dislike or prejudice of non-straight people.

David finds out that Kevin is gay, he then proceeds to insult him for his sexuality by calling him a f*gg*t.
Marcus knows that Alex is gay so refuses to let him join any of his raids.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: The hating or prejudice of a certain race.

Peter is black. Because of this, Jack won’t let him into his base.
Phillip is from Asia, because of this, Elizabeth goes out of her way to annoy Phillip and insult him because of his Race.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

So firstly, bring Joe, ask for his version of events. If possible, ask for any recordings or use what log systems I have at my disposal. Then, bring William. Start of by explaining to him that crimes cannot be committed against NHS, further, inform him of the need to advert carjack when stealing a car. Then punish according to staff guidelines for FTA (if he did in fact not advert) and rule B15.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

As usual (and will be repeated for the other questions), bring Joe, ask for his version of events and any recordings he may have. Check the logs for any adverted PD raid. Bring William. Ask his side of the story. Base my response on what I find from logs and video recordings. Either warn and ban for MRDM, or explain to Joe why William is not getting warned/banned.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe’s base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly, visit the base, kindly remind Joe that he can’t base on the sidewalk unless he is a hobo. If this is a repeat occurrence, give him a warn for breach of rule C1, then bring him to a sit. Firstly, check chat logs to see if any advert was given, if not, Warn William for FTA. Secondly, check damage logs to see the time between William being killed and then him returning and killing Joe, along with asking for any recorded evidence. If the time was less than 5 minutes, warn him for NLR. If the time was more than 5 minutes but William had no valid RP reason to kill Joe, warn him for RDM. Before banning or warning, I would finally ask Both people to read over the rules.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly, go to William, ask him what happened and for any video evidence, and then bring joe to a sit. Check the logs match the claim made by William and then, inform Joe that he is not allowed to commit major crimes (as stated in the advert). Finally, refer him to the rules (specifically B14) and then ban him for MRDM.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

Im not going to lie, ive got average experience, average temperament, and an average relationship with staff as a whole.
I’d say the main reason I should be at least considered is because not only of my nearly always positive interactions within the community, but also how ive changed as a person, for the better.
Further, with the exception of some current personal circumstances, I can dedicate a lot of time to the server, a decent amount more than the average player
Finally, as said above, a few people have commented on my past staffing, and felt it appropriate to say i should consider remaking an application.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

Firstly, refer to any staff handbooks or documents to see if the situation is covered in those.
Failing that, call for a more senior staff member to assist with the Sit, and if they still are unsure or i cannot reach anyone else, encourage the person making the report to put it on the forums where Management or Senior Admins can take a look and provide their own expertise and knowledge.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

3 Months as a Senior-Moderator, MilitaryRP (Since Closed)
2-3 Months as a Community/Staff Manager, MilitaryRP (Since Closed)
1 Month as a Moderator, DarkRP (Since Closed)
A few months of RSRP Staffing

I will however state that this was mostly back in 2017-2018 (With the exception of the RSRP stuff obviously)

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

As stated above in 3.1, I like to consider myself a neutral and unbiased person, always allowing me to see reason and be balanced and fair in situations.

I have a large amount of experience, both in staffing, and other forms of server management.

Finally, I have a decent grasp on the community, and its norms, a lot more than I initially did, which will help with not only dealing with an array of incidents, but also ensuring outcomes in the best interest for the players and the community as a whole.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

I often voice my opinion in the wrong format, or when it is not needed. Sometimes even when I am in the wrong. But im working on this.

I have a hesitance towards telling people off for small rule infractions or light first-time offences. (See the first 2 sentences of my response for 2.8 for an example of what I mean.)

Listening to others around me getting mad can sometimes get me equally annoyed, and can sometimes make me do stupid shit.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I largely covered this on my forewarning but similar to my past application, RSRP has really been a place that has fostered and fuelled my enjoyment of Gmod and I think that, despite the disagreements ive had with management and a few community members, I still want to apply, speaks a lot for my reasoning.

Have you received any help when creating this application?

Nope.

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?

Sure thing.

+1
Scott is active (off LOA) was previous good staff, and I believe deserves a second chance, he knows the rules and follows them, and would fit in well.

Netural
I think Scott has had enough time to learn from his mistakes and could be very worthy of a second chance in staff, he has shown that in the past he can a capable staff member.

+1
Never had any problems with him has been staff before
and active

-1, Mingy, Silly, got demoted from staff, not trusted, not a good fit -1 -1 -1, was also talking shit to JDolla Jabbers

I don't see you on often, or even when you are on I don't see you online when the server reaches it's high amount of players. You also have a history of unprofessionalism, disrespect and just plainly being rude.

Jon

-1 started to argue with the Community owner and caused huge amount of drama within the server without even knowing the full context of something.

-1, i Believe you caused allot of drama and trouble within staff and i have not seen you on in a while

+1 not seen him being disrespectful at any point, would be a good addition to the staffing team

Nvm changing to a -1
Don't like this guy because he doesn't like jabbers
And I like jabbers
:)))))))))()((())))))(())(()

Accepted, when Scott was staff he was great in helping new players and dealing with admin sits that came through. However, you state that your attitude has changed... let’s hope that this is the case. Contact me on Discord to schedule an interview.

• Haha
Reactions: Jon
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom