Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Remove or rework the lawyers & judges job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestion: Remove lawyers and judges
How will this benefit the community: When arresting someone, most of the time they ask for a lawyer, and a lot of the time the criminal gets their friend to become the lawyer and/or judge. This creates two problems: 1. It's a waste of time for the government official 2. It can make PD boring when every time you arrest someone they ask for a lawyer. By removing the lawyer and judge itmakes being on PD easier, less time-consuming, and more fun to be a government official as sitting in court with a corrupt lawyer and judge is very aggravating and time-wasting.
Link(s): N/A

+1 or have it as a whitelisted job just like the PM where it’s strictly professional.

Crashie

Senior-Moderator
+1 or have it as a whitelisted job just like the PM where it’s strictly professional.
I support this change, seems like lawyer roleplay would improve heavily if only selected people were on the job - would give it a proper purpose. - could have a proper riverside court system.

How will this benefit the community: When arresting someone, most of the time they ask for a lawyer, and a lot of the time the criminal gets their friend to become the lawyer and/or judge. This creates two problems: 1. It's a waste of time for the government official 2. It can make PD boring when every time you arrest someone they ask for a lawyer. By removing the lawyer and judge itmakes being on PD easier, less time-consuming, and more fun to be a government official as sitting in court with a corrupt lawyer and judge is very aggravating and time-wasting.
+1, Remove them completely or make it so you have to have training and a whitelist for lawyer

From my side, I believe there is just a misuse of both jobs, with many of them either just attempting to timewaste to force the officer to give up, and them being corrupt, it's usual that the lawyers & judges are there friends, which makes it biased and unfair to officers arresting suspects. However, officers may be unaware that you can arrest judges for being biased/corrupt with enough evidence taken into account, under the charge "Anti-Corruption" which I believe is in the handbook. However, if changes can be made to improve the use of jobs, it would be fantastic.

From my side, I believe there is just a misuse of both jobs, with many of them either just attempting to timewaste to force the officer to give up, and them being corrupt, it's usual that the lawyers & judges are there friends, which makes it biased and unfair to officers arresting suspects. However, officers may be unaware that you can arrest judges for being biased/corrupt with enough evidence taken into account, under the charge "Anti-Corruption" which I believe is in the handbook. However, if changes can be made to improve the use of jobs, it would be fantastic.
Thanks for that Harry, I agree

Taxman

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
+1 Also make it so that people have to apply or train to become a judge.

I don't believe they should be fully removed but like Harry said if some sort of change was made that would be much better.

Jabbers

Community Owner
Community Management
Yeah, both roles are pretty redundant but I think we should try and find an alternative way to put them to use, It'd be a shame to remove them completely and to leave the courthouse vacant permanently.

Mabye just jobban people that messes around with them? Or make them whitelisted jobs.

Yeah, both roles are pretty redundant but I think we should try and find an alternative way to put them to use, It'd be a shame to remove them completely and to leave the courthouse vacant permanently.
Yeh I agree

+1 its so aids, all that happens is a minge goes on lawyer then goes on judge. or just 2 minges on both lawyer and judge. the court system is rather useless tbh as it is a long process and theres no evidence to support an actual RP court case to have a proper legit outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom