Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Racism from High up member of staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Of Staff: Harry
Member(s) of staff's rank: Management / Head-Admin
Date Of Incident: 10/10/2021
Information about the incident: Harry was saying how my voice sounded like a guy that owns my (his) corner shop, and stop taking all of our jobs, you understand, and saying he is an undercover Muslim.
Evidence:

Hi Rick,

I hope you understand there was no intentions behind the comments made, as in fact you do actually sound like the owner of the corner shop I go to from time to time.

This was a roleplay scenario, of where I'm unable to recall the full context or situation behind it, and I do apologise for any offence you may have taken from the comments made. I hope you understand the term of what 'roleplay' means, this does not represent my real life character at all, and I do understand the struggle that certain people from different backgrounds can face, and I do hope you are able to distinguish myself and the roleplay character on that day apart.

I assure you from here on, I will try to improve our friendship/time on the server, and if you need to we can talk about it on Discord for any appropriate time.

Pointing out how someone sounds especially to someone who you have barley had an interaction with is still racist. You further repeating that I do in fact sound like the owner of a corner shop is blatant racism.

How is it a roleplay scenario if you single handedly referred my voice to a Out of roleplay situation, if you cant recall the full context or situation how do you know you even meant it in a roleplay situation, because you definitely did not.

And for you to say "this does not represent my real life character at all", I find laughable, you said it with confidence, as well as "stop talking all the job" repeatedly. Anyone with decency would agree it is impossible for you to of not said the exact / similar derogatory vile opinion before.

I've seen people been on the spot banned for homophobic words, even when they have given the reasoning "it was roleplay". You should not receive special behavior because you are staff. For you to mock someone's voice as well as political belief to insult someone is in no way roleplay related, and even if it is it would still be derogatory.

if you cant recall the full context or situation how do you know you even meant it in a roleplay situation, because you definitely did not.
As I have no idea of what fully happened, as this situation was 8 days ago. I hope you understand I can be quite busy on occasions.

You further repeating that I do in fact sound like the owner of a corner shop is blatant racism.
At the moment of the time, as you have said that "Pointing out how someone sounds especially to someone who you have barley had an interaction with is still racist." Upon my roleplay character I was playing, I had made the comment as that was my way of introducing you to myself and others due to my characters brief. I had no other intentions behind this, and I have already apologised if you believe this was a malicious intent to be "racist".

And for you to say "this does not represent my real life character at all", I find laughable, you said it with confidence, as well as "stop talking all the job" repeatedly. Anyone with decency would agree it is impossible for you to of not said the exact / similar derogatory vile opinion before.
I understand that the comment made about the jobs was quite rude, and I do apologise for that comment. It was a simple comment made on the stereotype of certain people thinking that jobs are being taken/stolen, when they aren't as they go through the same process as us, day to day.

I guess will be sticking to your defense of commenting on my voice was a roleplay situation to try and say it is acceptable to comment on someone's voice if you're "roleplaying" it. As well as me sounding like someone who takes jobs.

My Simple response is.

You are saying it is plausible for anyone to go up to someone in a "ROLEPLAY" (that word is going to be very important) way and if their character skin is of a certain colur it is plausible to say "You look like a NI**R", because after all it's said in a roleplay way right?

Similarly, if I go up to someone and say "you sound like a fag**t I know in person, you sound like a fag**t I know in person" in a "ROLEPLAY" situation then it is plausible?

What has to be said / done to distinguish between "ROLEPLAY" derogatory and non-ROLEPLAY derogatory, because quite frankly it is evident everything you said in that recording was non-ROLEPLAY derogatory in attempt to personally insult me.

Here's a small list of people's ban appeal being denied (with barley a chance to reply to the situation) for racism / derogatory comments.

If they said "It was in a ROLEPLAY" situation, would they of still been banned?

Last edited:
Accepted,

On behalf of the management team here at Riverside, I can only apologise for Harry's actions displayed throughout the video. We do not tolerate racism within our community, which includes mocking/bullying an individual due to their accent. I have spoken to Harry personally and discussed this with others, we can assure you that this type of behaviour won't happen again - from him or anyone else here on our team. In the event that this reoccurs in the future, don't hesitate to report it on here or message me directly. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom