Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Must have played Riverside for at least two weeks.
- Cannot staff another server (conflict of interest).
- Access to Discord.
- A working microphone.
- Clear understanding of the rules.

Other rules:
- Do not copy your application from a previously written one.
- Do not mention other communities by name.
- Style your application so it is easy to read.
- If your application is denied you may re-apply in one week.

Do not advertise your application in any way! This includes sending the application to members of the community and/or staff and sending links in the server chat.

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Dave Carter
1.2 How old are you? 18
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? 2 months
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:599874939
1.7 References (if any)? Alex Carter

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: Random Death Match. Basically when someone kills another play for absolutely no reason

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: New Life Rule. Cant go back into a situation u have just been killed in for a set amount of time, for usually 5 minutes as you are on new life.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP is a term used for when faced with a life threatening situation a player must comply with demands etc in order to keep their life. A player can be held at gun point for a simple mugging of £5000, the player must drop this in order to keep their life, getting out a gun etc or not complying is fail FearRP. Or a player can be held hostage and used for a ransom with the cops etc. The player must comply with the captors in order to keep their life until they have been traded.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: homophobia is the dislike or prejudice against gay people. Calling someone a 'Faggot' or 'Dyke'

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is the prejudice towards a certain ethnic group. Calling someone The 'N' word or a 'Chicaboo' because of their ethnicity

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? This would go down as a verbal warning as stealing an NHS vehicle is against the rules

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Ask for the evidence of William being in the pd, if there is no evidence then no steps can be done other than tell Joe to pay closer attention to the chat

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Firstly this would go down as an Rdm as William did not advert raid and Fail Nlr as William immediately came back. Warn William for Rdm and Nlr

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? because there is a meeting in place William would get warned Mrdm as a bombing is classed as a major

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? Because i am active, im a pretty chilled out guy. i can take criticism and learn from my mistakes

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? I would get another staff member that is a higher rank than me with more experience than me and watch how they handle the situation and then adapt that into my own staffing

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? I currently have no other experience in any other Gmod servers however i have had experiences in other rp related games

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Im very fair
I know a lot about the RP rules on the server and in general
I am a good listener

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
I do sometimes worry about getting something wrong
I will sometimes overthink situations and make it harder than it needs to be
would hesitate to give out the most severe punishment in case I'm wrong

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I would like to become staff in the server as its a server i enjoy playing and want to make it the best it can be for RPing . I would to create an enjoyable atmosphere for players and become more known in the community.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

application is lacking detail
Missing examples/examples are poor

Hello Dave as you said in your application you know a lot about the rules, You have also been playing riverside for 2 months if you have been playing for this amount of time you would know that MRDM is a ban not a warn
-1 as Eric said this application is lacking in detail and the examples aren’t the best

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: Random Death Match. Basically when someone kills another play for absolutely no reason
wheres the examples?
2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: New Life Rule. Cant go back into a situation u have just been killed in for a set amount of time, for usually 5 minutes as you are on new life.
again where are the examples?
This would go down as a verbal warning
Correct if they have no prior warnings OR the NHS doesn't want then warned
William would get warned Mrdm as a bombing is classed as a major
Its a ban not warn for MRDM

parks

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
Denied.

Your lack of server rule knowledge has let you down. Re apply in two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom