Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Staff Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.1: What is your in-game name? Charliechocomelt
1.2 How old are you?15-16
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Every day for about a month
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:580936918
1.7 References (if any)? Staff: Gregg, Kieran, Ganja, Bonquiqui.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM stands for random deathmatching, it refers to when a player kills another individual without a valid reason. One example of rdm would be, an armed individual, who sees 2 innocent players out on the street and guns them down for no apparent reason. Another could potentially be a terrorist suicidal bombing without adverting that they're about to do it.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

NLR stands for new life rule and means you cannot go back to where you've recently been killed within 5 minutes or however long the server rules section states. One example of NLR would be where a player is shot raiding a bank, spawns back in, and goes back to where he was killed. That would be classed as breaking NLR, So in roleplay terms, your character has essentially lost all memories of the previous event. Another example of NLR would be if you were being raided and somebody adverted raid and you died in the process. If you attempt to go back to that area you will be classed as breaking NLR.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP is a part of roleplay where although you aren't actually fearing for your life, you have to act like it and do what the men with the guns tell you to. An example of FearRP would be: let's say 5 armed men are pointing guns at you, even though nothing unfortunate is going to happen to you. The rule is in place and therefore you have to comply with them otherwise you're breaking an RP rule. On the other hand, if you are threatened by armed men but have some sort of weapon equipped then you are not breaking FearRP and therefore you are entitled to shoot back.

2.4: What is homophobia, provide two examples:

Homophobia is discriminating against someone due to their sexual orientation. One example of this would be if somebody had different preferences to a group of people or an individual and said person/s decided to pick on them just because they're different. This is not tolerated. Another example would be props placed up around the map making fun of a group of people because of who they are interested in. This is also not tolerated.

2.5 What is racism, provide two examples:

Racism is when somebody is discriminated against due to their ethnicity or the color of their skin. One example of this is someone using slurs/hateful words to degrade or make someone feel bad about something they cannot change. Another example would be, excluding a player, with the reasoning being "because they're black, etc."

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS member's vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advertise carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Bring both parties to a sit so I can understand both points of view. After listening to both sides of the story. I can check logs to see if William had adverted it. If he has then I would explain the rules to Joe and let that what he's done is up to the police in-game as he is role-playing and has played it by the books.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

First of all, I would make a sit for both of them and listen to each point of view presented. I would then check logs to see whether the six people he killed were inside PD if they weren't then William would be punished accordingly. If on the other hand, everyone William killed were inside PD then I would explain to joe that once he has adverted it, William can kill anyone inside of PD and he is not in the wrong.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe's base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

First of all to make sure I would check logs to prove that William had certainly not adverted it. Next, I would check the time in between joe killing William and William killing joe. If the time broke the NLR rule then I would punish them both, or possibly verbally warn them as they're both in the wrong. Lastly, I would explain the rules to them and make sure they know that if they did it again there would be a punishment in place for both of them.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would speak to the terrorist on his own and address the fact he committed a major crime and show him the advert William sent out. Next dependent on his past records, E.g if e had done it twice in the same week and doesn't really care I would punish him accordingly but if he genuinely sounded apologetic about it I would let him off with a warning.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I am a very active and hard-working player.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? Ask a higher-up staff member.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Not on Garry's mod

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: Firm, good communication, and polite.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: Play SCO, PD, and other jobs so not staff on duty all the time.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I want to progress in the server and mainly just to have fun and help out.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? No, none

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

Arm

+1 Greg isent staff - as a note

(Changed as i have met you in game)

Good staff application

Have Seen you ingame

friendly in game very nice all the rp moments ive had where friendly whithout fail,

Might be a good staff member

Last edited:
-/- neutral Greg isent staff - as a note

I have been on for the past 4.5 weeks and i havnt seen you once i imagian its not a diffrent timezone as im on all the time and no one ,no one is on arround 2 am?

Good staff application

Not seen ingame
is have seen him a bunch

-/- neutral Greg isent staff - as a note

(Changed as i have met you in game)

Good staff application

Have Seen you ingame

friendly in game very nice all the rp moments ive had where friendly whithout fail,

Might be a good staff member
Thank you 👍🏻👍🏻

+1

Seen on the server alot and has a good understanding of the rules.

neutral
So, i'm pretty positive i had to deal with you either today or the past few days, other than that you have a good understanding of the rules

all the best
Bonquiqui

+1 very good encounters however can I ask how are you 15 and 16 at the same time

• Haha
Reactions: Arm
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom