Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted "Senior Mod" Eric Nelson / Cian / STEAM_0:0:171497831

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member(s) of Staff: Eric
Member of Staff(s) Rank: Senior Mod
Date of Incident: 18/08/2021 with a time estimated at 17:00.
Information about Incident: Below.
Evidence on the incident: Below​
Hello,

I have just created this account to post my staff-report as the admins on the server have instructed me to do so in order to be heard. My staff report via the admin sit would not suffice.

It begins as I join the server and choose the Roadworker job. I walk up to the crossroads in front of spawn. I think to myself that I want to do something different on Riverside Police-RP server, so I decide to make speed bumps. I then go to the Q-Menu and spawn from the "Builder" tab a plastic 'Cube 1x8x1', which is not that long enough to fill the entire road, so I then use the stacker tool to spawn an identical copy of this cube to the left, making this longer (to fit the road). I then pull out my precision tool to push this cube lower into the ground to be able to still be driven over, but would require a vehicle to slow down to cross it.

However, before my opportunity to use the precision tool could be attempted, a car on the server drove down the street and crashed into it. ( I did not have enough time to 'speed-run' my build. The server was populated around 50-52 people, so the chances of me being able to finish my speed bump build without anyone being in the area is very slim, I'm sure the chances are very rare ). As he crashed into the cube, Eric ran past me on the way to his PD meeting across the road. As he was running by, he pressed his push-to-talk button and said out loud: "Do that again and I will BAN you".

Now at this point, having just joined the server for the day, in a good mood, to build something new, I was not expecting an admin to bluntly come out to me and threaten to ban me... I then thought, well, he probably didn't see the steps leading up to the incident, so I then opened up my chat to PM Eric... I asked him directly why he threatened to ban me when I did nothing wrong and wanted to build a speed bump ( which requires a thing called 'TIME' to create ). His first reply to me was "SHUT UP". I ask him again, and he proceeded to follow up with "I DONT CARE". I give him the chance to explain his threat before I make a forum post, and he once again, said "SHUT UP".

A moderator's responsibility is to maintain order to the server, enforce rules and create a safer, happier environment to the players in the community. A senior moderator at that, should have even more sense to understand these responsibilities. On this occasion, Eric has shown that he has no time for players, he is rude, dense, and arrogant to the community. Telling me to "SHUT UP" when asking for an explanation to his moderating abilities is far from what should be acceptable at Riverside Roleplay.

As for the evidence, I have a screenshot of the very brief and blunt conversation attached to this forum post. I wanted to post a second screenshot with the "I don't care" comment but my Garry's Mod.exe crashed (as it does multiple times everyday).

As I am well aware, Eric has an achieved rank of 'Senior' moderator, which would conclude in my mind that he has resembled an excellent member of staff to the head of Staff. This unfortunately in my case, would assume that this matter will be overlooked and brushed off to one side without punishment, as who am I but one small member of the community in comparison to his Senior rank who has contributed highly in the eyes of the founders in this community.

Thank you for reading,

Most sincerely,

JollyRoger ( STEAM_0:0:16029834 )

Attachments

• evi 1.jpg
    evi 1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 33
Hello Jolly Ranger,
What happened is you were on the roadworker Job
and the Roadworkers responsibilities are to make RP Friendly Interactions But instead, you placed 2 large plastic props that blocked the whole road Although the MOTD states that
B27RoadworkersRoadworkers may only use half of the road they intend to work on. Obstructing the full road is prohibited.
So I said to you if you do this again you will be banned from the job because there was no intention to roleplay I did not actually proceed with any punishment
and with the PMS you had PMed me with 32 Times so obviously was quite annoying so while you were PMing me I had told you to "shut up" because it was quite annoying to be pmed every 10seconds

Hello Cain,

I agree with you that the Roadworker's responsibilities are to maintain RP friendly interactions, we are off to a mutual agreement on that degree. However, the rule B27 which you have quoted is irrelevant to this incident. The rule B27 only applies to a roadworker that is 'working' on a road and to prohibit any form of obstruction to the road. Previously mentioned in this report I have said that I was creating speed bumps on the road, which for your information is not an obstruction.

'Speed bumps are the common name for a class of traffic calming devices that use vertical deflection to slow motor-vehicle traffic in order to improve safety conditions. Variations include the speed hump, speed cushion, and speed table.'​

If you understand the term 'Obstruction', it is an entity that impedes or prevents passage or progress; an obstacle or blockage. In this case, motor vehicles on the road. It arguably goes with saying that a speed bump is not an obstruction, as it is a traffic calming measure. If speed bumps were to be obstructions, motor vehicles and the like would not be able to pass through it, hence making the speed bump a rather futile and useless invention.

This brings me to my last point to discuss which is I quote "there was no intention to roleplay". This is invalid and not true, as previously mentioned I was creating a speed bump on the road for roleplaying purposes. If there was no intention to roleplay, then why may I ask, would I be implementing such an idea into the server?

Perhaps moving forward, you can admit you spoke too soon in this case, as maybe spending time before making such threats can have a negative impact on the community, you can stop, listen and take in your surrounding information before making an administrative act. If you did witness what I was partaking in, you would of noticed at that moment that I was making a 'build in-progress', with a prop, the precision tool and the colour tool to fine tune my prop into a speed bump.

Yours Truly,

JollyRoger

Accepted,

I too believe that as a staff member when dealing with (or talking about) a direct out-of-character incident, such as you breaking the 'B27' rule, that a player should be educated in a professional manner, rather than a simple threat with no reasoning behind it. This is simply because a new player may not have studied the server's 'Rules and Regulations' as of yet, and may feel unwelcome by the impertinent approach of a staff member on their first few hours of joining.

The correct way for a staff member to deal with a direct rule breakage (that isn't on the 'Staff on Duty' job), is to ask in admin-chat for a dedicated SOD to deal with the individual in question. Or, if he/she wishes to deal with the situation without issuing a punishment, they should attempt to correct you on the mistake you have made with a well-disposed attitude, to ensure that the individual won't do it again.

Inversely, from Eric's perspective, you were blocking the road with your props, causing other players to crash into them. Usually, from a new player on our server, this is a clear intention that they aren't going to adhere to our rules, which resulted in the interaction in this report. Please try to build your props in a different area before placing them down in a populated region to avoid issues in-game. Or, attempt to build it gradationally, rather than an instant block in the road.

Thanks for the time taken to make this report, and I hope that your roleplay interactions run smoother in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom